let this thread die (NYK)

with woodson.. how much do you guys think you differ from ATL with woodson?... im talking about players and how good they are and how far the hawks got with him

injuries were the major factor that beat the knicks

the heat are a great team, but more importantly, they had a full and healthy squad against a NY team that was mentally and physically beat up.

easy win for the heat

would have been more interesting if we all saw a legit knicks team. the potential was there but freak injuries happen and theres no way around it.

the offseason is gonna be interesting: mainly on who stays and goes. the development and jeremy lin and iman shumpert intrigues me the most.

[h3]Stoudemire Wants Nash To Join Knicks[/h3]
May 10, 2012 10:31 AM EDT

Stoudemire_Amare_nyk_120206.jpg
Ama'e Stoudemire would like to play alongside Steve Nash in New York next season.

“Everyone knows that Steve loves New York and that New York loves Steve,

also, woodson should have played zone defense against the heat.

zone defense worked great for dallas in the nba finals last year.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

with woodson.. how much do you guys think you differ from ATL with woodson?... im talking about players and how good they are and how far the hawks got with him
I haven't seen much from Woodson to make me think he's going to be a radically different coach than in Atlanta. 
Originally Posted by Battousai701

The problem with the zone is for a team that is already weak rebounding the ball.. if you don't have active players who box out and crash the boards, you're going to give up a lot of offensive rebounds. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Stoudemire wanted to play with Nash so badly, why didn't he just stay in PHX?
$$$

Originally Posted by Battousai701

We tried it for like 3 or 4 possessions yesterday. The problem with them playin zone is that Amare doesnt box anyone out when he has an assigned man. Forget him having to find someone once the ball goes up while hes playing zone. They got an offensive rebound every time they missed while we played zone.

Granted part of that is prolly because they didnt practice it like that. But us switching to zone wasnt going to get us to win that series. Injuries killed us 2 of our 3 best defensive players were injured and couldnt play.

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

No way the city of New York will lose Lin - He is too much of a sensation story - Agree with Amare though
Hes expendable for a PG that is proven to be able to play against elite teams. And Dragic cuts up Miami and the Lakers and other good teams out West and he doesnt even have that good of a team around him. He was arguably one of the best PGs in the league after Lowry went down with like a month to play in the season. And he was a great backup for Nash in PHX. He just has never gotten a chance to start on a team because Lowry and Nash are 2 of the better PGs in the league.

Lin on the other hand has had a nice stretch of only 20 games or so. I have no problem losing him for a better PG. Losing him to FA is another thing. That would be unacceptable because of how bad our PG position is. If the FO just let him walk (which they wont do) that would cause a riot. But for Dragic or another good proven PG he is more than movable.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY
The Knicks have plenty of effective scorers...  1. Lin, Novak, J.R., Amare, Chandler, etc. can all put the ball in the basket.  They might not all be shot creators, 2. but that's why a star...  is supposed to CREATE SHOTS FOR THEM.  Even if he's a primary scorer, ex. Dirk.  The Knicks have plenty of effective role players.  3. Actually, those players are good enough that for the one stretch when they actually played team ball (Linsanity) they went on their best streak of the season.  Of course, when Carmelo came back he sucked until they started losing and he had an excuse to play  hero ball again...  And suck the enthusiasm out of everyone else on the court.
1. Lin - didn't play in the series genius
Novak - completely shut down in the series and made irrelevant
JR - streaky as all hell; he also took the second most shots in the series
Amar'e - injured since last year and wasn't hitting his jumper
Chandler - is really onlt effective two feet from the basket or on lobs; no post moves, no jumper

2. Melo dished to pleanty of open shooters that missed.

3. winning a couple of games in a row during the season when no one knew who Lin was is different than playing the same team in a series and they focus on a game plan which was close out on novak and triple team Melo.

Please keep going.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Shell of himself or not if he gets 15 to 18 shots per game he will be more effective and score more since most of his attempts will be closer to the rim. This team will not go anywhere if melo is taking 30 plus shots per game so enough with the melo d riding. We need balance on this team

If he comes back 100% next year than yes. But if he's going to be missing his jumpshot, being hesitant with the ball, and get his shot blocked at the rim like the majority of the year than no. unless he's taking those shots with the second unit. And no one is d riding melo. Stat taking that many shots this series would have be disastrous.

Been saying this all-season, Nash is the only guy who can make this whole thing work.  Next year if everything went right, which it won't cause we are the Knicks and this #*%* never works...but here is what I want
PG: Nash

SG: Shump (when he returns from injury)

SF: Melo

PF: Amar'e

C: Tyson

Bench: 

Lin

Grant Hill

Odom

Jefferies

Coach: Phil Jackson

If somehow that all worked out I think we would have a real shot at beating Miami.

And people making a big deal about this series and blaming Melo are jokes.  Is Melo as good as LeBron? No, but no one is...He played well this series we were just a depleted team.  Melo/Amar'e will never beat Wade/Bron if its just them two but if we can make our 3-8 much better than Miami's next year plus have better coaching we have a shot.

With Rose out, Celtics possibly rebuilding, Hawks Hawking, Howard bouncing to wherever...There is no excuse for us to not finish as the #3 seed at worst.  I expect first or second.

Amar'e needs this summer to learn a post move and start learning to play defense...plus his mind was clearly not right this year after his brother's death.  Also he needs to go holla at Kobe and get that German surgery #*%* on his knees.

Not that I disagree, but damn that is a lot of "ifs"
laugh.gif

Still don't think Nash would come here for a substantial pay cut. Don't think Jax would come here either unless Dolan splurged.

Theres no hope
frown.gif

How are they going to afford Lin, Nash, Odom AND Hill? While keeping Melo, Amare and Tyson? That's not gonna happen.

Shump is a huge wild card, he won't be back until like mid-December the earliest then he's gotta shake off the rust. Who's to say they don't *%## the bed in the beginning of the year again?

Originally Posted by 10027

The Knicks have plenty of effective scorers...  1. Lin, Novak, J.R., Amare, Chandler, etc. can all put the ball in the basket.  They might not all be shot creators, 2. but that's why a star...  is supposed to CREATE SHOTS FOR THEM.  Even if he's a primary scorer, ex. Dirk.  The Knicks have plenty of effective role players.  3. Actually, those players are good enough that for the one stretch when they actually played team ball (Linsanity) they went on their best streak of the season.  Of course, when Carmelo came back he sucked until they started losing and he had an excuse to play  hero ball again...  And suck the enthusiasm out of everyone else on the court.
1. Lin - didn't play in the series genius
Novak - completely shut down in the series and made irrelevant
JR - streaky as all hell; he also took the second most shots in the series
Amar'e - injured since last year and wasn't hitting his jumper
Chandler - is really onlt effective two feet from the basket or on lobs; no post moves, no jumper

2. Melo dished to pleanty of open shooters that missed.

3. winning a couple of games in a row during the season when no one knew who Lin was is different than playing the same team in a series and they focus on a game plan which was close out on novak and triple team Melo.

Please keep going.
I will, and you can keep criticizing every Knick available (and every coach) to defend your 'superstar' bf.  I'm going to guess you think Stephon Marbury got a raw deal in NY too?  Carmelo makes his teammates worse; it's as simple as that.

Lin doesn't work if he's a bench player, personally that's how I see it.

Who was trolling in here that made MM make that post?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

They all need to restructure their contracts, starting by Stat.

Yall keep talking about restructuring contracts....it just won't happen.

How are they going to afford Lin, Nash, Odom AND Hill? While keeping Melo, Amare and Tyson? That's not gonna happen.

Exactly.

It's going to be pretty much the same roster except for a few guys signing the vet minimum. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Been saying this all-season, Nash is the only guy who can make this whole thing work.  Next year if everything went right, which it won't cause we are the Knicks and this #*%* never works...but here is what I want
PG: Nash

SG: Shump (when he returns from injury)

SF: Melo

PF: Amar'e

C: Tyson

Bench: 

Lin

Grant Hill

Odom

Jefferies

Coach: Phil Jackson

If somehow that all worked out I think we would have a real shot at beating Miami.

And people making a big deal about this series and blaming Melo are jokes.  Is Melo as good as LeBron? No, but no one is...He played well this series we were just a depleted team.  Melo/Amar'e will never beat Wade/Bron if its just them two but if we can make our 3-8 much better than Miami's next year plus have better coaching we have a shot.

With Rose out, Celtics possibly rebuilding, Hawks Hawking, Howard bouncing to wherever...There is no excuse for us to not finish as the #3 seed at worst.  I expect first or second.

Amar'e needs this summer to learn a post move and start learning to play defense...plus his mind was clearly not right this year after his brother's death.  Also he needs to go holla at Kobe and get that German surgery #*%* on his knees.
This lineup would've been great 3-4 years ago. But I do agree with what you had to say about Melo and Amare. 

Nash wouldn't sign with a potential contender for the Veteran's minimum? I think Hill and him are a package deal wherever they go, I wouldn't be surprised to see if them both sign with a team like Miami for the Vet Min to try to win one.  Nash does have a home in NYC and lives here during the summer so its not totally preposterous to think he would be interested.
Really what potential contender can really offer Nash good money?  Indiana? Lakers? 

And Odom might sign for the Vet min if Phil is brought back plus he can be in a big city and his hometown.  I suppose he would actually play here instead of pulling that %%*# he did last year in Dallas.  Plus with Kanye/Kim in New York
nerd.gif

Amar'e sn't restructuring his deal that doesn't happen...We just have to hope Nash is willing to sign for the Vet Min. Dolan has the money to throw 7 million a year at Phil, getting him on board would be crucial to getting the rest of the guys to buy-in potentially.

As I said its not going to happen...most likely not a single one of those things happens.  But I think if one or two do that hugely increases the chance of the rest of them occurring.

And Lin is fine coming off the bench, I think its actually what he is best suited for.  

Thing that sucks is the Knicks pretty much have to give Lin the MLE without truly knowing what he is (sans D'Antoni). First, he's a new money machine for Dolan - so he'll want him back. Secondly, I doubt they're interested in letting him walk and seeing sustained success if he lands elsewhere. Would be a black eye for them and doubt they're willing to take that risk. 
However, I'm pretty sure I'd roll those dice and take Nash for 2-3 years and let Lin walk. Might put me in the minority.

AMP, I'm pretty sure Nash can get the full MLE exception (or at least the mini one, 3 years/9 million) in Miami if he wants.  

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Nash wouldn't sign with a potential contender for the Veteran's minimum? I think Hill and him are a package deal wherever they go, I wouldn't be surprised to see if them both sign with a team like Miami for the Vet Min to try to win one.  Nash does have a home in NYC and lives here during the summer so its not totally preposterous to think he would be interested.
Really what potential contender can really offer Nash good money?  Indiana? Lakers? 

And Odom might sign for the Vet min if Phil is brought back plus he can be in a big city and his hometown.  I suppose he would actually play here instead of pulling that %%*# he did last year in Dallas.  Plus with Kanye/Kim in New York
nerd.gif

Amar'e sn't restructuring his deal that doesn't happen...We just have to hope Nash is willing to sign for the Vet Min. Dolan has the money to throw 7 million a year at Phil, getting him on board would be crucial to getting the rest of the guys to buy-in potentially.

As I said its not going to happen...most likely not a single one of those things happens.  But I think if one or two do that hugely increases the chance of the rest of them occurring.

And Lin is fine coming off the bench, I think its actually what he is best suited for.  
I don't even think Phil Jackson would come here.  Dude is probably content w. his psychedelics out in Montana or wherever the hell he is.  He coached 4 of the greatest players in NBA history.  Why would he come to NY?  He's a coach that goes to the beat of his own drum.  At this point, money doesn't matter to Phil.  He's got NOTHING to prove and his legacy is cemented. 

Also, Knicks are 10000x further away from a championship than a team like the Heat.  If Nash is going to look to come out East to really give himself a shot at a title, I don't think the KNicks would be on his list.  Yea, he does maintain a home in the city....but if he wants to win a ring, I can't see him coming here.

Odom on the other hand...yea.  He might be the best bet out of all the guys you mentioned to take the vet minimum to play here.  He's got his hand in whatever reality shows the Kardashian's are filiming, and being in NYC would be ideal for him.  However, he's got his head so far up his @$# at this point you just don't know which Lamar Odom will show up for your squad. 

Best of luck to the Knicks going forward.  It's going to be a very interesting offseason to see what they try to do. 

Back
Top Bottom