let this thread die (NYK)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

please get us Nash!

Hope JR takes one for the team and not let's this decision make him try to get more.

What to spend this MLE on should be fun.

Delonte West for the BAE hopefully?

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Delonte West for the BAE hopefully?
Hell nah, low character guy. We got JR we don't need him having a partner in crime.

What has JR done besides posting a picture of Tahiris fat mass on twitter to be labeled a bad lockeroom character? Sure hes boneheaded at times but i think he has grown up since his Denver days.

Thank the Good Lord we won the case, that's obviously huge, allowing us to retain Lin AND Novakaine and potentially another piece.

With that being said, I dont expect Nash to come to the Knicks but if we're presented with the opportunity we should sign him, no question.

A 2nd PG is a huge need for us BUT I'm really worried about front court depth. I was praying that Bernard James fell to us last night.

I think most of us expect Jeffries back but the reality is that he isnt under contract. Even if he does return, it's him and Jorts behind Ty and Amare (yes Novak is technically a forward but we all know he stays on the wing). We need to pull a trick out of our hat in free agency man. A legitimate back up 1, a back up 4/5, and a 2 (whether it be JR, someone else, or bringing Landry back
sick.gif
).

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

What has JR done besides posting a picture of Tahiris fat mass on twitter to be labeled a bad lockeroom character? Sure hes boneheaded at times but i think he has grown up since his Denver days.
I never called JR a "bad lockeroom character" I just said I don't want Delonte who I feel is a low character guy on the team to be his partner in crime. JR could be susceptible to all that +*$@ if he has someone getting in trouble with him.

knicks should retain lin and maybe jr for the right price...i would pass on novak and fields... hopefully the knicks can get nash and another sg maybe oj.... my plan b would be felton or caldaron and foye or jamal crawford and get a pf or center for cheap the vets minimum...im thinking chris kaman or chris wilcox... im just dropping names really... theres a lot of options as far as free agency.... 
theres a lot of guys i left off (some can be had at vets minimum)

sam young

nick young

jason kidd

jason terry

jason kapono 

willie green

louis williams

shannon brown

ray allen

ramon sessions

leonardo barbosa

andre miller

kris humpries

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I see some people in the comments suggesting Pau for Amare straight up.  Hmmm...

I've heard that floated since early this past season.

As much as I'm not a fan of Pau, I wouldn't be mad at it at all.

But it won't happen. Not unless Kobe walks into Kupchak's office and says send Pau to NY for Amare.

I doubt LA would ever do that. But as much love as I have for Amare since he's been here and what he did for us the first half of his first year, if that deal ever came to a head you gotta do it. I don't care how crappy/soft anyone thinks Pau is, you have a window to dupe someone into taking this uninsured contract you gotta jump at it.

Originally Posted by you go boy

knicks should retain lin and maybe jr for the right price...i would pass on novak and fields... hopefully the knicks can get nash and another sg maybe oj.... my plan b would be felton or caldaron and foye or jamal crawford and get a pf or center for cheap the vets minimum...im thinking chris kaman or chris wilcox... im just dropping names really... theres a lot of options as far as free agency.... 
theres a lot of guys i left off (some can be had at vets minimum)

sam young

nick young

jason kidd

jason terry

jason kapono 

willie green

louis williams

shannon brown

ray allen

ramon sessions

leonardo barbosa

andre miller

kris humpries

OJ, Lou Will, and Humphries are all out of our price range...they are looking to get PAID.

I'm glad we got to retain Lin, but IDK how I feel about re-signing Novak. As much of a great shooter he is, he's a huge liability on defense for us. If we can somehow find a way to fit Amare and Melo together, having Novak sit on the wing (kind like Battier did this year) then keeping Novak would help us. We already know that Novak can't create for himself, so in a way he's one-dimensional.

If we can somehow get the money together and not land Nash, I would love to see Mayo on the team.

Sign Miller and Kwame Brown and lets go to war .

Lin/Miller
Smith/Shump (starts when he returns from injury)
Melo/Novak
Amare/Jeffries
Chandler/Brown

ECF

OJ Mayo? lol... did you guys even watch him during this years playoffs?  He was Casper.  He has shot the ball at a low percentage throughout his career, not to mention Shump is NY's 2 guard of the future.

Only FA that matters is Steve Nash.  Resign Novak, JR, as well as Landry.  It'll also benefit us if we can get a low post threat off the bench.

Nash
Shump
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Lin
Jr
Landry
Novak
Jeffries?
Blair?
Harrelson
Jordan?

We can swap both Lin & Nash as a starter.  We have both the perfect combination of shooters & slashers for them to work with. That way when one PG is out, we'll still have another primary ball handler and a PG that can make plays and set up others. Lin can also learn from a HOF PG if he's coming off the bench and become the long term PG of the future. Win-win situation.

Back
Top Bottom