let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

WILSON! *Tom Hanks voice* RT @ESPNSteinLine: NBA teams will be allowed to pay $500,000 to buy players out of deals in China
we need to jump on this....

nerd.gif

Dream is quickly fading for cp3 lol. Well lets be different guys who dominate without the 3 superstars ....

I say we buy all 3 of Denver's guys, keep K-Mart and Will, trade JR for Gallo and Mozgod and then flip them for CP3.

I want Wilson back, my favorite Knick this past decade, Do it *Insert GM Here*

Also, y'all are kidding me with this Grant off the bench stuff. Guy was one of the best perimiter defender in the league last year and you want a guy who couldn't even do *!*% in college (shumpert) to start from the jump. Hill is still very good, much better than Fields and Shumpert. Fields was awful once Melo came and I have a feeling he is more that guy than the guy in the first half of the year. He can't dribble, had no moves, isn't really a great shooter by any means. His strongestt attribute is his rebounding which is a nice spark off the bench which is where he belongs. Same with Shumpert. If Hill comes, he starts.

knicks rumors are just like lakers rumors. 99.9% of the time their not happening. i want the lakers to get either cp3 just as much as you guys want him on your team but i'll take all those rumors with a grain of salt.

anyone down to make it to a game in january, mini nt summit or something. by no means am i knicks fan but ima go to a game or 2 when im in ny in january. if anyone is, just inbox me or hit me up. i set something similar up for a jets game with a few heads on the board back in september,

hopefully the weather sucks like it did last year, i went to the game they beat miami at home and got center court 300 level tix on stubhub for $60 each the day of the game.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I say we buy all 3 of Denver's guys, keep K-Mart and Will, trade JR for Gallo and Mozgod and then flip them for CP3.
48376_o.gif

laugh.gif
I think we'd just be paying for Wil trip back to Denver, dude's restricted?
nerd.gif

So Chompsy, Grant, Melo, STAT, ______ is more important than the trade we can't make.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Dream is quickly fading for cp3 lol. 
laugh.gif
 true
but look what happened last year... 

Melo said he wanted to come to NY, all these rumours, blah blah blah, then there was a big hoopla about him going to LA...

CPs situation is the same....

CP3 don't want that 13 mill. He does look like a clown though after all that hooplah at Melo's wedding

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Yes
Honestly, im more interested in a center. Forget cp3. Grant hill might pass out in dantonis system with an 8man rotation. But he would be a nice addition

[h1]Knicks about to agree with Grant[/h1]By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 9:04 AM, December 8, 2011

Posted: 7:08 AM, December 8, 2011

The Knicks are on the verge of landing Grant Hill, according to two NBA sources.

Hill, the Suns free agent, deliberated for the past few days between making the jump to New York or staying with the Phoenix Suns, which are in rebuilding mode.

Hill is close to accepting the big challenge of the Big Apple.

“It’s not 100 percent done, but he’s leaning,’’ one source said.

The third time appears to be the charm. The Knicks failed to woo Hill when he became the NBA's most-sought-after free agent in 2000 and were rejected again two years ago when he decided to remain in Phoenix.

Hill and his wife, Tamia, a recording artist, are enamored with New York but were concerned about uprooting their two children in grade school. Hill, in the past often injured, also was worried about leaving the renowned Suns’ training staff.

But Hill is about to choose the Knicks, who could be one of the heavyweights in the Eastern Conference. Hill would be slotted in as the starting shooting guard, supplanting Landry Fields and giving the club more leadership, shooting, defense and the depth the team lost in last season's Carmelo Anthony trade.

Hill, 39 and the second-oldest player in the league, averaged 13.2 points per game last season on 48.4 percent shooting in 30 minutes a night. The ankle and foot problems from earlier in his career have not plagued him since coming to the Valley of the Sun. He has missed three games in three seasons.

Hill played his first season in Phoenix under the coaching staff of Mike D’Antoni, Dan D’Antoni and Phil Weber.

“If it wasn’t for his relationship with Mike and the staff, this wouldn’t even be a consideration,’’ one source close to Hill said yesterday.

With Hill, the Knicks starting lineup would be Hill, Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Amar’e Stoudemire and perhaps Jared Jeffries at center.

Contracts can’t officially be signed until tomorrow, when training camp begins. From a basketball and career standpoint, a move to the Knicks was a no-brainer. But a person close to Hill said his family life is equally important.

The Suns have made a strong push to keep Hill, even with rebuilding plans, regarding him as their glue.

"Grant is an absolute first order of business and top priority," Suns president Lon Babby said of Hill one week ago when team executives were allowed to start talking to players after the lockout. "I can't contemplate him not being here. He represents everything we want the franchise to stand for -- on and off the court. He's our ballast."

The Knicks still have moves to make beyond Hill. Small forward Shawne Williams, a revelation last season, wants to come back and he would solidify the bench. It is unclear if the Knicks would still have room to sign center Jeff Foster or Kurt Thomas.

Jeffries agreed to terms Tuesday and could share the starting role with Ronny Turiaf. The Knicks are also interested in adding 7-2 French prospect Alexis Ajinca of Toronto, who would fit well in D’Antoni’s system.

happy about grant hill. he's still fit and talented - a lot more productive and talented than most players 10-12 years younger than him

he doesn't even need to come off the bench like so many are saying here, but he probably will and should.

i just hope d'anphony doesn't wear him out like he tends to do with star players

Still would like to see us get a shooter as well as a center. Very happy we will have a leader like Grant.

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Small forward Shawne Williams, a huge revelation last season, won’t be at training camp tomorrow when it opens, still unsigned. [/font]The Knicks[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] have offered him a one-year deal at the minimum, $980,000, but he has a couple of more lucrative offers. The Nets have inquired.[/font]
[/font][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I would hate to see Drank go but I understand dude has to make the best decision for his family so going to the highest bidder looks like what he's gonna do. Dude was my favorite player in the league last year rooted hard for my guy 
frown.gif
[/font]

WOW how are the knicks gonna sign tyson chandler?? they rather sign chandler than keep chauncey? bad move unless this is just so chris paul can wet his drawls even more to come to new york next year...lol

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
nerd.gif
So that means VIIHeaven will have to run point?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

980,000 tho?

Cant even give him the 20k to make it a mill?

tired.gif

laugh.gif
 that bum jason kapono even got 1.2 mil...
yeah this makes no damn sense

if we get tyson chandler ok, but he's a bit overrated imo. he might be what we need at this time, but he ain't worth all the clamoring he's been receiving

Back
Top Bottom