let this thread die (NYK)

Get ur LIN t-shirts!!!!

2zyhfk2.png

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You have to add in the constants of Pringles and his system and the fact that outside of the first 20 games Melo and STAT have played without a real pg. When they're healthy and are in midseason rhythm I see no reason why Lin-Melo-STAT-Tyson can't keep winning.

People need to keep in mind that so far Knicks are beating teams they're suppose to beat even if Melo and STAT were playing. That's why I find all the ppl getting too hype funny and the ppl clamoring for trades of our stars extra stupid. It's simply yall just got too down when we were losing when so far this season is mirroring last season when we were losing and then we had a guy on our team become a spark (Fields then, Lin now) and we started winning.

Yeah yeah, I keep hearing that "were beating teams were suppose to" argument, but Lin is doing this 20+ points and 8+ assists against GOOD PG's. Dwill and Wall?
pimp.gif

And yeah, not including the Jazz pg, whoever that is.
laugh.gif
Exactly like Deron isn't an elite point guard? If you want to use the the argument that we are winning against teams we are suppose to you can't forget that we also lost those game in the past with Melo and Stat playing against GSW, Toronto, Bobcats, Bucks, Suns, Denver(we gave up half the roster to get Melo we should win against them), Cavs and Rockets. Those are teams we were suppose to win against with 2 max contract superstars but we didn't. Not to mention Jazz beat the Lakers the other day so they aren't that bad. Lin is balling and I don't care how we get the wins but if we continue to get it I'm happy.

My sons, Utah's PG is former all star Devin  Harris.

There are so many variables killing these arguments.

"No Melo, the black hole" ... no Toney Douglas the black hole, no Landry and Iman dribbling 30 ft from the basket, no wondering who's gonna move the ball for 15 seconds, no crying why doesn't someone penetrate, no HAVING to give Melo the ball for most of the shot clock, no wondering who's finally gonna show that they can hit a 3-pointer, no wondering when someone's gonna make more than 2 good pick and roll passes a game, no praying for help rotations and wondering who's defending the post when Tyson gets pulled out.

This isn't just D'antoni getting his point guard and Melo not breaking our offense. This is Lin and Novak showing up, Jeffries stepping up, Toney sitting down and Iman and Landry playing the right way now that they're not asked to initiate the offense, cradle the ball and move people around.

Melo is an upgrade in so many ways from Walker.

You're an idiot if you can look at Walker on the court and not think that's the ****tiest, dumbest version of Melo possible.
Our biggest problem is the hit our post defense will take with _effries gettin less minutes, but that's neither here nor there with what an active offense will do for Amar'es game when he gets back. And with Jorts coming back next month, that's some depth right there.

^And yall forgot to mention he did some work on Rondo, until D'antoni didn't play him in the 2nd half...

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

yeah, you stuff it jeremy, you stuff it like a wonton dumpling.

unnecessarily racist

"yeah you pick that steal wall, you pick it like cotton"

just saying

laugh.gif
Agreed some of the stuff towards Lin is racially insensitive, but what you just said is completely idiotic. �I wants no part of this though, I see the downward slope taking place and ya'll should keep this !+!# out the knicks thread, initial comments and rebuttal.

let DeeNyce live...sound like he gettin too 'excited' over that dunk.
nerd.gif

Forgot he was postin what he was sayin.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5288

Originally Posted by warriors510

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

yeah, you stuff it jeremy, you stuff it like a wonton dumpling.

unnecessarily racist

"yeah you pick that steal wall, you pick it like cotton"

just saying
Tired of all these comments that has to do with his ethnicity. Yes, Asian people eat dumplings, but do all Asian people eat dumplings, no. That's like saying, "yeah, you steal that ball Wall, you steal it like a car"
did you really have to say that to defend the chinese man? you're racist. end of story. i'm still trying to figure out how lin has that court vision when his eyes are so small

Seriously?

Originally Posted by youngin33

D'Antoni's system obviously works, we saw that in Phoenix although they never won it all.

Knicks look great with Lin and terrible with Stoudemire and Melo, better figure it out soon with these "superstars"...
You have to add in the constants of Pringles and his system and the fact that outside of the first 20 games Melo and STAT have played without a real pg. When they're healthy and are in midseason rhythm I see no reason why Lin-Melo-STAT-Tyson can't keep winning.

People need to keep in mind that so far Knicks are beating teams they're suppose to beat even if Melo and STAT were playing. That's why I find all the ppl getting too hype funny and the ppl clamoring for trades of our stars extra stupid. It's simply yall just got too down when we were losing when so far this season is mirroring last season when we were losing and then we had a guy on our team become a spark (Fields then, Lin now) and we started winning.

Yeah yeah, I keep hearing that "were beating teams were suppose to" argument, but Lin is doing this 20+ points and 8+ assists against GOOD PG's. Dwill and Wall?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The main thing about that is none of those guys are known for lockdown defense. When ppl say Lin is doing that on star pgs that's just the embarrassment factor. No reason for Lin not to play his game against those dudes even if they're wearing him out and go crazy scoring which Wall pretty much did. He played good D on DWill though.

To me it's more about doing this to playoff teams and teams that are known for their defense. If Lin had did this to the Bulls I would've been wylin, if Lin could do this on a guy like Tony Allen or AI on the Sixers, Wade/LeBron I'd be going crazy in here. So we'll see what he does against better defensive teams in the Lakers and players as we go on. We have a winnable stretch if he plays his game.

You gotta notice that the Wiz were just one of the teams that'll have full scouting reports on Lin. So far they've shown us he doesn't go as hard to the left as he does to the right and he really holds off on his jumper even when open. So lets see what happens when teams adjust and he's being guarded by a big defender that can keep up, will he fold or still find a way to facilitate?

I like his game so far a lot but keep in mind we just finished getting hype over Shump earlier this season and last season Landry hit that rookie wall/got shook playing with Melo. Cuz if Lin keeps playing like this it'll be on him as a floor general to make this work since ppl think Melo is a problem. Lin will have to share the responsibility in those two playing together and making it work.

EDIT

He didn't do much work on Rondo when he was in there plus it was Rondo's 1st game back

hey were tryna break S&T records w/ amount of pages in a season

dont get this thread locked or i swear to god ill get banned

yeah uh

I don't see Melo as a problem. I see Melo and the offense together as a problem.

said it from Day 1, this is an odd fit of players (specifically Melo). Mike likes his PG's, corner shooters, and a PNR big man. Melo is special talent as an iso scorer and working in the mid range. There has to be some type of compromise in there to make it work, has not been found with him on the floor yet, though.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly like Deron isn't an elite point guard? If you want to use the the argument that we are winning against teams we were suppose to you can't forget that we also lost those game in the past with Melo and Stat playing against GSW, Toronto, Bobcats, Bucks, Suns, Denver(we gave up half the roster to get Melo we should win against them), Cavs and Rockets. Those are teams we were suppose to win against with 2 max contract superstars but we didn't. Not to mention Jazz beat the Lakers the other day so they aren't that bad. Lin is balling and I don't care how we get the wins but if we continue to get it I'm happy.
Just cuz they're elite does not mean they're defensive stoppers. Dropping a lot on elite pgs don't mean that much, it's the elite defenses. It's only a talking point cuz Lin is an unknown. We have to wait and see if Lin keeps this up. It's been impressive play but nothing has been done to anoint him. If he's doing this throughout the season. Bringing up STAT and Melo has nothing to do with this when it's obvious the team needed a pg from the jump. Melo's been hurting and STAT's been lost. Neither are floor generals that could run this system. Melo tried and couldn't keep it up consistently. When you couple that with the bums on our team that was getting more play of course we lost to teams we were suppose to beat. Don't get it twisted with this winning streak, we still don't have a great team yet.

You are being short sighted. So what if the Jazz beat the Lakers. It's one game. Any team can get a win against a better team. The bad teams got Ws somehow.
Originally Posted by MrONegative

There are so many variables killing these arguments.

"No Melo, the black hole" ... no Toney Douglas the black hole, no Landry and Iman dribbling 30 ft from the basket, no wondering who's gonna move the ball for 15 seconds, no crying why doesn't someone penetrate, no HAVING to give Melo the ball for most of the shot clock, no wondering who's finally gonna show that they can hit a 3-pointer, no wondering when someone's gonna make more than 2 good pick and roll passes a game, no praying for help rotations and wondering who's defending the post when Tyson gets pulled out.

This isn't just D'antoni getting his point guard and Melo not breaking our offense. This is Lin and Novak showing up, Jeffries stepping up, Toney sitting down and Iman and Landry playing the right way now that they're not asked to initiate the offense, cradle the ball and move people around.

Melo is an upgrade in so many ways from Walker.

You're an idiot if you can look at Walker on the court and not think that's the ****tiest, dumbest version of Melo possible.
Our biggest problem is the hit our post defense will take with _effries gettin less minutes, but that's neither here nor there with what an active offense will do for Amar'es game when he gets back. And with Jorts coming back next month, that's some depth right there.
Thank you. So much of this. There's a lot of variables. Dudes are acting like there aren't bums on our team still and Pringles was not playing Novak and kept playing TD to start the season.

No reason our two stars and Lin can't coexist. People wanna put all on Melo like he wasn't playing hurt, without a pg, and STAT did not bring his game to start the season. Why you think things looked so ugly when Melo is forced to have the ball in iso every time cuz aint nobody but him making shots? Aint no reason Lin's game can't mesh with Melo getting the ball a few possessions.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

but..Jeremy Lin, Chris Duhon, Ray Felton, Steve Nash and Leandro Barbosa are making Toney Douglas look like the worst player in the history of organized basketball.
Basically.
laugh.gif

I tweeted this earlier, but saying it here... It will be interesting to see how Lin does against the Lakers interior defense. He's alot more effective when he penetrates compared to his shooting which is adequate at best. No doubt Bynum and Gasol will be waiting for him in the paint.

We ain't gonna win againt the lakes without melo and amsre. I just wanna see how he plays

Then you should fire D'Antoni and a get a coach that can properly use the roster. You have pieces but it takes you this many losses to figure it out?

Then you should fire D'Antoni and a get a coach that can properly use the roster. You have pieces but it takes you this many losses to figure it out?
If I could I would fire him for that reason and so many others but I'm not about to put not playing Lin on Pringles. Aint many teams playing, let alone starting the 12th man on their bench (who got cut by two other teams) that they signed as insurance if one of their pgs were out. Coaches in the L didn't have a real training camp to give new guys on the roster a chance. I knew our draft picks would get play but that's about it. Plus outside of our front court on paper our front office didn't do much in attaining talent outside of a sharp shooter in Novak.

Randy Wittman(Wiz Coach) got text from his son Ryan, who faced Jeremy Lin in college. "He told me they did a much better job guarding him than we did"

everyone, chill with the racism & keep this thread going. try to make it 4 in a row against LA... I'm ready for Fri.

Lin getting all the attention but what about Novak? Past 2 games, he's 10 of 17 from the 3 point line and shooting 65% from the field.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Lin getting all the attention but what about Novak? Past 2 games, he's 10 of 17 from the 3 point line and shooting 65% from the field.
son I had the 'Novak greatest shooter in the L vol. Kerr reborn' thread made pics and all, but X'd out on accident and got lazy
laugh.gif

He and _effries are as much a part of these wins as Lin.
dyyhard wrote:
Randy Wittman(Wiz Coach) got text from his son Ryan, who faced Jeremy Lin in college. "He told me they did a much better job guarding him than we did"

laugh.gif

lmao@that thread attempt. I've had similar things happen to me when attempting to create a thread. Hey, Jeff Van Gundy said Novak is one of the best pure shooters he's ever seen so that must be worth something right? I watched dude shoot around at half time at the Knicks vs Suns game at the Garden earlier this season and he barely missed. He took maybe 20 warm up 3 pointers and I'd say he missed 1 or 2. And the ones that went in were all net

Originally Posted by endemic415

Originally Posted by d3simet

tumblr_lz3p58uDif1qb2il4o1_400.gif

laugh.gif
i think Landry is presenting him a pair of sunglasses
Lin is brushing them, puts them on, puts them away

must be from a movie they both watched when Lin was sleeping over
yea i think theyre putting on glasses. and the first part, i would assume that theyre reading/studying (Stanford/Harvard)
and the last part, this might be a stretch but i think theyre fixing their collars or their button up shirts 

and 
laugh.gif
 at a movie when Lin slept over 

Originally Posted by arrjae2

laugh.gif

yea i think theyre putting on glasses. and the first part, i would assume that theyre reading/studying (Stanford/Harvard)
and the last part, this might be a stretch but i think theyre fixing their collars or their button up shirts 

and 
laugh.gif
This is what I like to see on the bench teammates having fun & not being zombies all the time! I'm glad the knicks are rolling again hopefully a win over the lakers Friday brings more energy to the locker room!

True that Lin didnt do well against Rondo, and it was Rondo's first game back.

But thats before Lin had his breakout game. Now his confidence is WAY up there, and he can play HIS game as opposed to worrying about making mistakes on the court that will send him to the bench then D-league again.

Originally Posted by arrjae2

laugh.gif

and 
laugh.gif
Nah still looks like they're flipping to a page, putting on glasses, and then tucking the glasses in their shirt pocket or in between where the collar meets in the middle. Look at Fields he's tucking it.

Back
Top Bottom