let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Why is Lin taking more shots than Melo and Amare?? Does he think he's Westbrook now?

This is what half our dumb fan base wants. Dudes wanna boo Melo but let Lin go 3-18. I like Lin. But how you gonna boo one of best scorers in the league but it's cool when a walk on comes in and consistently takes the most shots on the team while not even shooting a great percentage. But it's the coaches fault. Linsanity is wat saved his job in the first place so he is riding with that. We need a real coach like yesterday.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Why is Lin taking more shots than Melo and Amare?? Does he think he's Westbrook now?

This is what half our dumb fan base wants. Dudes wanna boo Melo but let Lin go 3-18. I like Lin. But how you gonna boo one of best scorers in the league but it's cool when a walk on comes in and consistently takes the most shots on the team while not even shooting a great percentage. But it's the coaches fault. Linsanity is wat saved his job in the first place so he is riding with that. We need a real coach like yesterday.
ding

DAntoni holds no one accountable at all. Melo and Amare dont play defense and its become acceptable.

Its like he believes things will adjust magically out there without adjustments. #%@! is pathetic.

Anthony: -16
Stoudemire: -12

Davis: -16

Only guy to post a positive difference was Landry Fields with a +2. 
roll.gif
 I never got why some of you guys constantly call for his head.  He's one of the only guys who moves well without the basketball yet you turn around and vilify STAT for being a black hole.  Not saying he's marginally great but... there's a reason why J.R. has always come off the bench.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I don't even feel it anymore 
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Antony is a great player. He's also a negative on team chemistry. There's a reason why the Knicks always show more effort when him and Amare are on the bench. When your star players can't put the effort defensively, it carries to the rest of the team in all facets of the game.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

This teams given up. We've gone down by 20 or close to it in too many games and even in the games we got back into it wasn't our "superstars" that got us into it.

There's 2 games left until the deadline.

Im not saying we need to win these games, but if things don't change in the attitude and effort then it's likely it will drag on for the rest of the season. And if those things don't change then something in the personnel or coach has to change.

I thought it was bad when we were hoping for Baron to be the savior but *!* are we waiting for Jeffries now?

We need Dwight.

So the game starts off and Melo is playing really good. I'm thinking with a 12 pt quarter on 5/7 shooting he'll probably have a 30pt game. Plays all or the majority of the 1st. Gets subbed out in the 2nd and doesn't show up for the rest of the game. Jumper is gone and struggles for anything in the paint.

Amar'e didn't even bother to show up at all. I officially believe his knees are gone for good. I guess son needs DNP for matinee games. He looked like he had no lift AT ALL. The one time I saw him contest a Lou Williams layup son started wincing like his knees were in pain, last to get back on offense. Even worse he just did not look for his shot this game. There were times he got the ball close to the basket and didn't even look at the rim, tucked the ball and looked around to pass, usually to Fields of all ppl. He was playing hot potato most of the night. His problem may be a combination of no lift and lack of confidence in the paint, son should stop caring about his shot being blocked and play big. He really played like he didn't care this game imo.

Lin continues to turn the ball over. The way this team does that coupled with their defense is just so disgusting too watch.

JR still lost out there, can't find his shot. Don't know what's wrong with him or Melo as far as their perimeter shot.

Mutha acamxcklas I just woke up to see this L. I don't even know what to say. it makes ZERO sense why we should lose by 12 against the 6ers. like what??

If Two Superstars, a deep bench, a 3 point machine in Steve Novak, a pretty decent rookie pickup in Iman Shumpert, a former all-star point guard. A guy who was pretty much viewed as a coaching mastermind prior to his tenure here.... AND the largest phenomenon in basketball for the past few years...

And this is what we're doing?

I'm convinced we have the root on us.

Bout time the crowd started chanting fire Dantoni
When does the Fire Melo chants begin as well?
Our two best players don't play a like of defense and just go through the motions. Team only plays intense full court press when those two are sitting, that speaks VOLUMES

I've been hearing fire the coach fire the coach since 2001 every single season, gets old. Stop gassing the names on the jerseys the roster is flawed, thank Dolan for that.

Knicks have not nor will they ever win as long as Dolan owns the team.

Yeah. These guys just don't compete consistently. From the coach to the players. I'm ready to see some changes. If they aren't going to try and turn it around then something has to be done.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Bout time the crowd started chanting fire Dantoni
When does the Fire Melo chants begin as well?
Our two best players don't play a like of defense and just go through the motions. Team only plays intense full court press when those two are sitting, that speaks VOLUMES

I've been hearing fire the coach fire the coach since 2001 every single season, gets old. Stop gassing the names on the jerseys the roster is flawed, thank Dolan for that.

Knicks have not nor will they ever win as long as Dolan owns the team.
this roster is not flawed.  we have one of the best looking teams on paper and a coach who does not know how to utilize it.  a good coach can easily get lin to be smarter with the ball, get melo and amare to show more effort on defense.  melo and amare are the types of players that need a tough, hard nosed coach to get the most out of them.  what they dont need is the type of coach who is going to make it as easy for them as possible and that is exactly what dantoni is.  he should just do whats right and quit for the sake of this team since dolan wont can him already.

Back
Top Bottom