let this thread die (NYK)

^ Melo's never been in a championship game though. Yall dudes make the wildest statements some time and seem so justified in it.

SAS deep down wants Pringles gone and for the offense to defer to Melo btw. I knew that for weeks he just ain going hard on firing him cuz it's his last year and he most likely won't be back.

Can't believe the @%$+ I read in this post sometimes......team has had a losing record for a decade and &%$#@#$'s proud.

Originally Posted by DubA169

He should model his game around pierce
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

but yall act like melo is a championship caliber player
he never was and never will be
images

Yea its college but its not like hes never been a winner. Dudes is just buggin tho. Hes in a slump with a coach that refuses to defer from his system to fit the players he has. No1 is gonna be able to thrive in a system like that. The only real D'Antoni player this team has is Novak and he doesnt even play him as much as he should. The only reason "Linsanity" worked for a couple games is because teams didnt know how to guard him and they werent running actual plays. They were just running around like it was open gym. Now people know how to guard Jeremy and you see what happens. He goes 5-18 now. 

If we get in a coach who will actually coach and Melo is still sucking it up then I will be with ya. But until then im not putting anything on Melo except for the lack of D on some possessions (because he does show signs) but to be honest no1 on this team actually buys into it because Antoni doesnt teach it. Even Tyson takes some plays off because our perimeter D is terrible aside from Shump and the other teams guards always have free roam in the lane. 

I tried. But you gotta stick with your team through the best and worst of times no matter how long it takes. If we feel this bad as a effortless team I wonder how the FAN for the wizards feel
roll.gif

I don't understand how a coach who praises ball movement and team concept has to change for the players? The coach was brought here to have an fast uptempo team and Dolan got rid of a young quick team and the star's don't even have a desire to run.

Change the coach if you want a slower team, because when this team was running when Melo/Stat weren't clogging the lanes they were actually winning and playing harder defense. They played inspired because everyone felt involved and there is absolutely no disputing that.

^They were also mostly playing sub .500 teams.

I already see us becoming a more half court team when we change coaches. We obviously need to be more methodical with our offense and actually call plays.

Would rather have a half court offense. That's how you win in the playoffs. And that's what I grew up watching anyway

Fields shouldn't be shooting more than melo. I'm not for his equal opportunity college system.

I agree the defense looked much without amare and melo. Completely different tone.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't understand how a coach who praises ball movement and team concept has to change for the players? The coach was brought here to have an fast uptempo team and Dolan got rid of a young quick team and the star's don't even have a desire to run.

Change the coach if you want a slower team, because when this team was running when Melo/Stat weren't clogging the lanes they were actually winning and playing harder defense.
Again, his stars dont run the floor that well. Melo has never been a Fast Break player and neither has Stat since his surgery. D'Antoni isnt the coach for this team. We dont have the PG that he needs to run a fast passed offense. Like I said he had it for 7 games because no1 knew how to guard Lin but now everyone just plays him to the left and he cant even run with the second team out there and Melo and Stat on the bench. Bron would have been great for his offensive scheme and that is why he was brought in. To entice Bron to come here but it didnt work.
If you think we would have been able to keep up the whole run and gun we had without Melo and Stat I think your sorely mistaken. Teams would have forced Lin to the left like they are doing now forcing him into crazy turnovers, and to be honest no1 but Melo is even making  shots right now.

Its ugly right now. But Melo hasnt missed the playoffs his entire career. Im not gonna blame this all on him when Dantoni has Lin taking almost more shots than Amare and Melo combined

MDA was never allowed to succeed here. yes, he's a system coach. And he had a brief stint with a team that fits that system during the first half of last year. If I'm MDA and I know I am out the door, I go out with a bang. Play my guys and play my way. I pray to all gods we get Phil in here next year. No parts of Calipari.

i'm out of this thread, i'm just gonna edit the thread title lol....a few silly things being said in here....Later! lol

I don't get it . Those teams in Denver were always top three in scoring also lead the league in pace a few times so the notion that Melo can't play in an offense where the ball is pushed is false . The only difference is that Dantoni's system is not complex at all it's generic as hell and easy to stop if it's not lead by Steve Nash and three great perimeter players.

Did I just read someone say they are proud of the Knicks being losers? Damn that's sad. This team is way too streaky and I can't take it. Watch them win ten in a row lose 7 win 5 then lose 4 come on mannnnn

Double foul what

Melo was dumb fr that before haha. Thatwas badI'm watching on espn. Hubie and trico are good to switch it up

Back
Top Bottom