let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

The thing with Lin is...I don't think the TO's will ever improve.

He has heart but he was overlooked all of those years for a reason.

He's not a great dribbler, that causes most of his TO's and I have never seen anyone significantly improve that as an NBA starter.

His TO's will improve, I have no doubts about that.  He has shown the ability to adapt and to adjust.  You gotta keep in mind Lin played the 2 at Harvard all 4 years, he's still learning how to be a true facilitating PG.  He's a better scorer than he is a PG, though.  I'm sure he has the ethic and the IQ to work on reducing the TO's, this was pretty much his rookie year.   

I mean, out of all the players on the Knicks roster, Lin and Shump have the the most potential to be solid to great players.  Some of you will really let Lin walk if you can get Nash? Y'all will regret that
laugh.gif

I don't know anything about the Knick's cap situation, but if we can bring Nash in WHILE retaining Lin, that would be great.  Lin can learn from one of the best, and the Knicks have much needed depth at the PG spot.  Hopefully Amare can bounce back and get back to his 09-10 form.  Fields really has to go, as much as I like dude as a person, he's pretty much Luke Walton with better athleticism and without the court vision.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by tim teufel

When it's all said n done the best memories of this year for me came when stat and melo weren't playing smh how sad is that. That game against the lakers at the garden
smile.gif

Linsanity, especially the game winner against Toronto was crazy but this took the cake for me....
anthony-7.jpg

the best Easter of all time
pimp.gif

Honestly, we will be better this year we did all of this while everything happened this season, well be good and healthy next year. Sign a few role players well be good.

No stress.. let's see what the offseason holds.. I like Woodson, but I'm honestly not 100% sold on him. Could care less about basketbal right now.. I'd rather see anybody win as long as it isnt MIA.

why in the hell do the knicks get so much love on here?

1200 pages for an 8 seed bounced in the first round in 5?

Well, it was a good season , rollercoaster ride for sure. On the topic of the series, i feel like we really could have used Walker. Gadzuric didnt even sniff the floor. It was just an awkward addition. I know alot of the team really liked billy too. Im not even a fan of his game but hes solid defensively, long, and can hit the 3. Could have been a useful addition, much more effective than novak was st the SF position. But whatever.Linsanity will always hold a special place in my heart. One of the most thrilling months of sports, period. It was fresh off the Superbowl win. That friday, We played boston, and lin checks in first half. Had like 4 points 2 assists. Next day, checks in vs the Nets and the rest is history. so many fun moments, so many SMH losses. And i dont give a fuuuuuu man. Ill take this loss like a man but goddamn it dont tell me we would lose in 5 if we had the whole roster healthy!! That post-dantoni lineup, the 10 man rotation. !! Why does everyone forget how well EVERYONE played together. We had the starting unit solidified, and MOBB DEEP was runnin shh. THAT was my favoritr team. Those two weeks. I was never happier than that. Then lin goes down. Amare goes down. Yall know the restListen up knick fans, dont bow your heads. We had a hell of a season. Injuries hit us hard, but theyre part of the game. with a full season ahead , we will really be ready to throw all the chips in. i know we say that every year but if you cant sense the optimism that this team has, in the direction were going, in the culture that has changed, then you aint no fan to me. Great season man, hope to see yall in september

“@TheRealJRSmith: Damn didn't know this man people didn't want me in #NY might just get what you asking for! #sorrykidz

Originally Posted by ricky409

why in the hell do the knicks get so much love on here?

1200 pages for an 8 seed bounced in the first round in 5?
It's not exactly rocket science. New York has a large population that loves basketball.. and that kind of fanbase would be large on a sneaker website.

For the price, JR is a really good deal for his talent.

I doubt we replace his scoring capabilities for the same price next season if he does leave.

He's also a moron. He'll keep you in some games with his scoring, and he'll shoot you out of some games with his chucking.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

He's also a moron. He'll keep you in some games with his scoring, and he'll shoot you out of some games with his chucking.

My favorite line ever about JR was Chuck saying a few years later, "They should allow JR wear his home uniform on the road."
roll.gif
roll.gif

JR needs order. I think Woodson got through to him at times this year, but i'd rather see him slash than stand behind the three point line and bomb it. I think he's gone, doesn't strike me as someone who plays to win though.

lol @ people coming in our thread asking why the Knicks get love...it's a b-ball team in the largest media market, genius.

People do realize Shump is out til at least December. I rather see JR than fields in that 2 spot

WTH did the people that wanted JR earlier in the year expect. This season can't possibly be the first time you seen em play.
We won't find anyone close to him with the type of budget the Knicks have.
Like I said it would be a blessing for him to sign his option

Novak had no business in that game. He can't get open and he can't play D. Which mean he is not really helping.

I hate Fields but I say sign him cause he is cheap. At the very least sign & trade him. His summer shooting coach should be shot for robbing us this year. Everybody cringes when Fields is open and tries to shoot.

JR Smith can see the way out. He shot us out the game in that third quarter. How does a max player in Amare get ;like 10 shots a game ?

Melo had a good game on the low. I think we lost this in the second half more than Miami won. But an L is an L.

So we're in the off season. Let everyone go but Novak and Lin.

Sign and trade Amare + Fields + Pick + Cash + Douglas for D. Howard ? : ) oh and add JR Smith in there

it just registered that its over. got me pretty sad

cant see how u blame melo for this loss unless u mean you blame him for the trade

tyson wasnt all that

Back
Top Bottom