let this thread die (NYK)

Jerry Sloan >>>>> Mike Woodson.

Next, we'll probably overpay Jeremy Lin

Heres to being stuck in mediocrity
grin.gif

The media lies and even exaggerates..

But Dolan is a well known baffoon who keeps yes men and snakes around him.

Dolan hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt. And his media policy will always have the media coming at the Knicks.

[h3]LeBron, Ibaka, Howard, Paul, Allen Named To All-Defensive Team[/h3]
May 23, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

James_LeBron_mia_120424.jpg
LeBron James headlines the NBA All-Defensive First Team, receiving 53 points.

Joining him on the First Team are Serge Ibaka, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Tony Allen.

On the Second Team is Defensive Player of the Year Tyson Chandler, Kevin Garnett, Luol Deng, Rajon Rondo and Kobe Bryant.

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (First Team votes in parentheses): Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 19 (4); Joakim Noah, Chicago, 14; Iman Shumpert, New York, 13 (4); Paul George, Indiana, 10 (2); Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City, 9 (2); Josh Smith, Atlanta, 8 (2); Dwyane Wade, Miami, 5 (1); Thabo Sefolosha, Oklahoma City, 5 (1); Grant Hill, Phoenix, 5 (1); Tim Duncan, San Antonio, 5 (1); Avery Bradley, Boston, 3 (1); Marc Gasol, Memphis, 3 (1); Metta World Peace, L.A. Lakers, 3; Shawn Marion, Dallas, 3; Joe Johnson, Atlanta, 2, (1); Mike Conley, Memphis, 2; Derrick Rose, Chicago, 1; Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia, 1; Carlos Boozer, Chicago, 1; Luc Mbah a Moute, Milwaukee, 1.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...len_Named_To_All_Defensive_Team#ixzz1viaANCLK

Congrats some more
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by QuestLife

i like how people already assuming Woodson is going to do exactly what he did in Atlanta. He took that team from lottery to second round,with basically nothing to start with. We have talent, the guys seem to like him. Hes old school and knows how to manage egos. I say give him a chance and lets see what he can do with a full season before we pass judgement. What hes done so far hasnt been bad at all.
Woodson hasn't shown to be a different coach than in Atlanta. Sure, maybe once he's the permanent coach and has a full offseason, training camp, and regular season.. it might change. But I didn't see enough, especially in the playoffs, to say "We NEED him back"

6-1 with some blowouts. With Lin, Melo, STAT and Chandler under Woodson is small sample.

Let's see what can happen with a full off-season and TC

Sloan was never coming here.

BTW, how is a defensive player of the year on the second team?! That makes no sense 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

*insert that guy w/ the "you can't be serious" look at the stadium* gif

I don't believe SAS talked or even heard anything from Dolan. SAS is the exact kind of media reporter Dolan doesn't want anywhere near the garden. So I can't believe that or what SAS' sources told him that Dolan said.

It's not a surprise that the media voters and coaches wouldn't agree here. Tyson got the DPOY on a technicality. He definitely deserved it since media decide to not give it to Dwight. This happened to Mutumbo as well.

I saw just the news on the espn ticker...how is that even possible..thats like bron winning mvp but get 2nd team all nba

It's like they gave him the award just to show how bad at defense the other Knicks are, then remembered he was still a Knick when all-defensive voting came.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom