let this thread die (NYK)

Nash is going to Toronto let go of that pipe dream. We need to bring in Andre Miller and get a real backup center to spell Tyson this season Kwame Brown would be a great fit . Also we REALLY need to try to move Fields for something dude is beyond trash at shooting and playing defense he has no strengths to his game outside of cutting and the rare successful pick & roll he runs with Stoudemire or Tyson . I don't even want to talk about Toney Douglas

Toronto is gonna amnesty Jose Calderon to sign Nash dudes are gonna offer him 12 mill per
laugh.gif
. I hate Jose but I would love to have him on this team . His low turnover to assist ratio and his 3 point shooting would be great on this team. He would be a great backup to Lin and I could see them playing on the floor together also

Kwame Brown? Are you guys serious? The fan base that has ZERO patience wants a mentally fragile player to come and play significant minutes? Yeah, ok.

Calderon on the other hand would be a steady pick up. I can agree with you on that one.

SHUGES who else can the Knicks sign for the minimun that can defend and rebound ? He looks like the only guy who can be had at that price. Also check out Jordan's shorts pleeeaseee tell me these are gonna be similar to the ones we will wear this year
TrGo4.jpg

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Kwame Brown? Are you guys serious? The fan base that has ZERO patience wants a mentally fragile player to come and play significant minutes? Yeah, ok.

Calderon on the other hand would be a steady pick up. I can agree with you on that one.
QFT... Id rather Jerome Jordan than Kwame... Some of you guys talking about bringing dudes like Delonte West and Kwame here. Thats just bringing in players for the sake of bringing in players, come on now
30t6p3b.gif

we need to let go of laundry and toney and maybe dan gadzuric .I like the idea of Blair for Dan. Then you guys know who I want but that won't work you say. So idk who else

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Nash is going to Toronto let go of that pipe dream. We need to bring in Andre Miller and get a real backup center to spell Tyson this season Kwame Brown would be a great fit . Also we REALLY need to try to move Fields for something dude is beyond trash at shooting and playing defense he has no strengths to his game outside of cutting and the rare successful pick & roll he runs with Stoudemire or Tyson . I don't even want to talk about Toney Douglas

Doubt it. Money isn't as big an issue to him over winning. Toronto with him is AT BEST a 7th or 8th seed.

If we CAN'T have Nash...gimme Kidd or Felton (For Amare's sake)

As for a backup to Tyson, what about Camby? Isn't he a UFA?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Doubt it. Money isn't as big an issue to him over winning. Toronto with him is AT BEST a 7th or 8th seed.

If we CAN'T have Nash...gimme Kidd or Felton (For Amare's sake)

As for a backup to Tyson, what about Camby? Isn't he a UFA?
unfortunately your wrong.
Marc Berman of the New York Post, Nash said:

"I definitely feel I want to be validated monetarily to an extent. It’s still very important. I think money in many ways represents respect. For example, if you sign with a team and take half or less money, six months later they trade you. It has to be one of the factors. It’s not everything but it is important and will be one of the factors involved."

"It’s nice to have that idea, I want to win a championship. That’s also difficult. You can turn down a ton of money for a team you think can win a championship and there’s an injury and the chemistry isn’t right and you’re traded in six months. I have to put all the things into the hat."

Nash to New York has always seemed like a pipe dream, a best-case scenario that worked before Mike D'Antoni was fired and Jeremy Lin was delivered to a world-wide stage. Considering that the money clearly doesn't line up for the two parties, it may be time to close this book once and for all. 

Nash ain't coming he doesn't think a ing woukd solidify his career. He will get 11 mil from Toronto and go there.

SHUGES who else can the Knicks sign for the minimun that can defend and rebound ?

Reggie Evans? Kenyon? I just don't like Kenyon only b/c if they sign both him and JR, the team will look like the NY Nuggets. But other than that, Kenyon is solid. And he would probably be willing to take a low salary to come back to the tri-state and play with his boys again. Evans is just a nice solid rebounder. A better rebounder than any big man on the Knicks not named Tyson Chandler.

And it's crazy how when you look at the FA list, you see it littered with former Knicks. Nazr. Curry. AR. Turiaf. Wilcox. Jordan Hill. Shelden. Camby.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Some of yall gotta be more reasonable when it comes to what price players want and what kind of players we should get. I got all of my wishful thinking posts out my system so I can say with no emotion that unfortunately Landry is staying unless somebody offers a better player for him. I'm sure Glen has shopped him around and nobody has bitten.

At this point I'm gonna focus on one bum at a time and hope we get rid of TD before training camp.

Unless Glen likes something or sees an opportunity where we can improve a good deal I think they feel content with the current roster and going from there with only one or to FA signings for needs like pg/sg, and backup big man and they just may go cheap there too.

Also we're not getting Kidd, he's going wherever Deron goes. Not that I wanted him here, just letting yall know. So I guess we're banking on the "pipe dream" that is Steve Nash since Dragic is a longshot.

EDIT

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: ICYMI: Kostas Papanikolau will play for #Knicks in 2013-14, NYC-based agent Marc Cornstein guarantees to Post. http://nyp.st/KSkdSS

The Rockets are actively exploring trades of Luis Scola, according to sources.

Houston stockpiled big forwards, Royce White and Terrence Jones, in the draft as part of a plan to shop Scola.

Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin have also been made available.

Scola was included in last December's proposed trade that would have netted Pau Gasol.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221908/Rockets_Searching_For_Trade_Of_Luis_Scola#ixzz1zJirF6pV

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221908/Rockets_Searching_For_Trade_Of_Luis_Scola#ixzz1zJirF6pV
this is the team to trade with, been saying it before all of these rumors. I truly believe we could help each other out. Id take any of those players mentioned, they have 2 PGs, they need a #1 scorer and Amare can offer that to them and I would trade them anybody else outside of Melo/Chandler.

Kostas 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You're lying to yourself if you believe you're helping Houston by giving them STAT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

When Healthy what rank is STATue among PF?

How about Scola? I can guarantee its not close
This is true but sad thing is you can't guarantee STAT is gonna stay healthy. So that's a risk and then his contract being uninsured would just be a dumb decision to take on  money wise. Plus son is just getting another year older. This aint even about comparing him to Scola.

Also that lil piece clearly says HOU has stockpiled on big men. If they really need a true #1 scoring option I don't see why they'd choose a big man, specifically a PF given who they drafted.

Not a chance in hell Houston would accept that STAT trade. Love it or not, Amare (and his contract) will be here for the foreseeable future. Trade scenarios involving STAT are pointless.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This is true but sad thing is you can't guarantee STAT is gonna stay healthy. So that's a risk and then his contract being uninsured would just be a dumb decision to take on  money wise. Plus son is just getting another year older. This aint even about comparing him to Scola.

Also that lil piece clearly says HOU has stockpiled on big men. If they really need a true #1 scoring option I don't see why they'd choose a big man, specifically a PF given who they drafted.
theyre looking for a #1 option to have their young core play around they are looking for Dwight but it aint happening, Stat might have a long contract but at least that guarantees he will be staying with Houston which they cannot do with Dwight.

And yes STAT is another year older but he is still younger and much better than Scola, plus he would work well with a shooter like KMart and now Lamb, a PG to run the pick and roll with, and young players especially a guy like Royce White who is a great passer.

I think Houston does that deal considering there is literally 0 risk for Houston besides Amare's contract but I think that the reward outweighs the risk because, lets be honest STAT is worth it if you dont have to give much up and you wont win without him. His contract may be bad but people werent saying  this until his production dropped when we got Melo, and on a team that he fits in well with like Houston he would most likely be just fine and considering the pieces they can put around him.

They are looking to trade Scola and they are basically getting Amare for Scola straight up in this deal, and STAT is younger than Scola, better than Scola, and Scola's contract still sucks, and they still have a great PG to put on the floor whether it be Dragic or Lowry. I dont see Houston getting a better deal than this if they are looking to win and want to unload Scola. I think people in this thread are wildly underestimating Amare's ability. His contract is worth the risk when he is needed to get a team to the next level and they dont have to give up anything in return... which is why Donnie Walsh (one of the best GMS of this generation btw were not talking about Isiah) gave Amare that contract in the first place. Houston will be in a similar position to where we were, we just dont need him anymore because him and Melo dont mesh but thats not the case in Houston. They have a team ready to play and win around Amare if they got him.

Nobody is taking STAT, nobody.

and sign anyone but JR, only old player I would gladly take is Nash since he's a durable player, otherwise I'd stay away from any aging player. Last thing this team needs are more old players, roster needs depth not players on IR.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

theyre looking for a #1 option to have their young core play around they are looking for Dwight but it aint happening, Stat might have a long contract but at least that guarantees he will be staying with Houston which they cannot do with Dwight.

And yes STAT is another year older but he is still younger and much better than Scola, plus he would work well with a shooter like KMart and now Lamb, a PG to run the pick and roll with, and young players especially a guy like Royce White who is a great passer.

I think Houston does that deal considering there is literally 0 risk for Houston besides Amare's contract but I think that the reward outweighs the risk because, lets be honest STAT is worth it if you dont have to give much up and you wont win without him. His contract may be bad but people werent saying  this until his production dropped when we got Melo, and on a team that he fits in well with like Houston he would most likely be just fine and considering the pieces they can put around him.

They are looking to trade Scola and they are basically getting Amare for Scola straight up in this deal, and STAT is younger than Scola, better than Scola, and Scola's contract still sucks, and they still have a great PG to put on the floor whether it be Dragic or Lowry. I dont see Houston getting a better deal than this if they are looking to win and want to unload Scola. I think people in this thread are wildly underestimating Amare's ability. His contract is worth the risk when he is needed to get a team to the next level and they dont have to give up anything in return... which is why Donnie Walsh (one of the best GMS of this generation btw were not talking about Isiah) gave Amare that contract in the first place. Houston will be in a similar position to where we were, we just dont need him anymore because him and Melo dont mesh but thats not the case in Houston. They have a team ready to play and win around Amare if they got him.
I'm not denying at all that a healthy STAT would benefit HOU. Everything I've talked about is what's more critical. All you have to do is ask is HOU ready to accept a #1 scoring option that is injury prone, most recently having an ongoing back problem, that is uninsured that will give you no cap flexibility once you trade for him?

STAT is better than Scola, you will not get an argument from me there. As far as his contract, yeah it may be bad too but I don't they're trying to give him way for a situation that's not definitely better.

And again with who they drafted, I'd think they'd want #1 scoring wing player or center. They got rookie pfs they want to develop. With them shopping Martin, it's clear they'd rather an upcoming sg like Gordon who they are pursuing in a trade.

On another note, as far as us signing old players other than Nash I'd gladly take Andre Miller on this squad.

Back
Top Bottom