LET'S DISCUSS HEALTHY EATING VOL WE OFF RED MEAT

for you guys eating skinny cow, you should check the ingredients label before eating it

http://thehealthyapron.com/2011/05/31/is-it-healthy-skinny-cow-ice-cream/

Well, i was doing M&M's and Candy. In my eyes the skinny cow is better.

I sorta get the feeling your motive is to debunk as much as you can in this thread which is fine cause its nice to know.

Its a nice treat. I have been wanting ice cream and have been avoiding it. The skinny is a nice fix, for when I want ice cream.

We all can go online and find an article that says something is not good for you.

I believe in eating what you want to eat but in moderation.

I can avoid eating all this stuff by just raising my own cows, growing my own fruits and veggies or I can pray that God doesnt let a Ice Cream Sandwich take my life. I rather the latter.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. It has artificial ingredients that may or may not be poisonous for human consumption. If you can't pronounce it, chances are it is not from God's green Earth.

For someone trying to ease into a healthier eating lifestyle I would recommend a treat with a simple ingredient list like a Larabar, that Breyers or fruits (whole foods are best). Or you can make your own treats and substitute healthier options e.g. instead of butter or shortening use coconut oil. The important thing is sweets in moderation, which I struggle with at times but hey we are not perfect and tomorrow is another day

I can see how you can suggest a Larabar when someone wants ice cream. Like suggesting water to someone that wants a beer.

I'd prefer to just have a small, sensible portion of Breyers or other simpler ice cream. If you can controlyyourself, of course. Whenever I bought the lower calorie sweets choices.. I just end up eating two instead of one... Defeated the purpose and wasn't as good as the real thing.

for you guys eating skinny cow, you should check the ingredients label before eating it

http://thehealthyapron.com/2011/05/31/is-it-healthy-skinny-cow-ice-cream/
Well, i was doing M&M's and Candy. In my eyes the skinny cow is better.

I sorta get the feeling your motive is to debunk as much as you can in this thread which is fine cause its nice to know.

Its a nice treat. I have been wanting ice cream and have been avoiding it. The skinny is a nice fix, for when I want ice cream.

We all can go online and find an article that says something is not good for you.

I believe in eating what you want to eat but in moderation.

I can avoid eating all this stuff by just raising my own cows, growing my own fruits and veggies or I can pray that God doesnt let a Ice Cream Sandwich take my life. I rather the latter.
i definitely understand what you're saying and the last thing i want to do is rustle anyones jimmies about nutrition. just wanted to lay out that thinking that eating ice cream with lower sugar content isn't really a "healthy alternative" since the ice cream itself isnt healthy (from its ingredients)

its definitely tough for people to just change their life style over night and i know everyones gotta go at their own pace

I'd prefer to just have a small, sensible portion of Breyers or other simpler ice cream. If you can controlyyourself, of course. Whenever I bought the lower calorie sweets choices.. I just end up eating two instead of one... Defeated the purpose and wasn't as good as the real thing.

When I was in the Navy, I worked with seals. This one guy was pro health. We could not figure how he could be so pro health and yet eat Double Tree Cookies.
One day he told me that it was either that or smoking. The cookies kept him from smoking. Both were unhealthy but sometimes you have to pick the lesser of two evils.

Any advice for someone looking to begin eating healthier that doesn't like most vegetables? I eat most kinds of meat and pretty much any fruit that is put in front of me. However I detest lettuce, tomato, and pretty much all other greens for that matter.

Any advice for someone looking to begin eating healthier that doesn't like most vegetables? I eat most kinds of meat and pretty much any fruit that is put in front of me. However I detest lettuce, tomato, and pretty much all other greens for that matter.
try taking some veggies you dont like, and find different of cooking them. or try mixing them in wuth something you eat on the regular. 

Start eating mostly chicken/fish and adding spinach or broccoli to it.

The key is exactly what the person above said, start throwing the veggies you don't like that you know are good for you into your regular meals.

Last edited:
Start eating mostly chicken/fish and adding spinach or broccoli to it.

The key is exactly what the person above said, start throwing the veggies you don't like that you know are good for you into your regular meals.
try taking some veggies you dont like, and find different of cooking them. or try mixing them in wuth something you eat on the regular. 
Appreciate the advice fellas. Problem is Ive just been so engrained with non-veggie eating I don't really have a desire to try them. Guess I'll have to look at some ways of cooking them differently and sampling some new ideas.

Try some of the green smoothies. If you can get past the color, they are REALLY delicious and a quick/easy way to get in your greens.

Spinach is my 2nd favorite food, I eat it raw ****** all the time and even for a snack.

Try eating some nuts as well, those are great in omega-3 and have tons of protein, almonds are the best snack after the gym. :smokin

Any recommendations on brands/types?

Make your own...they're super easy.

My fave:

Kale
Ice Cubes
A little bit of water
Banana
Agave

or

Kale
Ice Cubes
A little bit of water
Fresh squeezed juice from a navel orange
Banana
1/2 Avocado
Agave

*I don't mess w/ store brands.

Been eating grilled chicken and salad all this week. Only thing different I had was turkey meatballs and marinara but skipped the noodles along with a big salad. Any other cheap easy recipes fellas?

Make your own...they're super easy.

My fave:

Kale
Ice Cubes
A little bit of water
Banana
Agave

or

Kale
Ice Cubes
A little bit of water
Fresh squeezed juice from a navel orange
Banana
1/2 Avocado
Agave

*I don't mess w/ store brands.

Great recipes just be ready to the toilet with that kale.

Naked green machine try that
i just had a conversation about that drink in my nutrition class and how it is 0 points in weight watchers
laugh.gif

**** eatin healthy

we off dat

Popeye's Spicy Chicken Recipe
374565_530520986986098_166232330_n.jpg

3 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup hot red pepper sauce (I like Louisiana Hot Sauce)
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 quart buttermilk (optional)
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder (to taste)
1 (1 to 2 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into pieces
Peanut Oil, for frying

1. Place cut-up chicken in a large bowl, and cover with buttermilk. Cover and chill for two hours, or overnight. This is an optional (but recommended) step.

2. In a large bowl, add eggs, water, and red pepper sauce. Whisk until combined.

3. In a large gallon freezer bag, mix flour, pepper, paprika, and cayenne.

4. Remove chicken from buttermilk (if marinated) and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

5. Place all chicken pieces in freezer bag with flour mixture. Shake until all pieces are evenly coated.

6. Remove chicken pieces one at a time, shaking excess flour. Dip each piece in the egg mixture, and return to bag of flour. After all pieces of been dipped in the egg mixture and put back in the bag, give it a second shake to coat chicken pieces again.

7. Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees. Working in batches, drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil. Fry for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally if oil does not completely cover chicken. Keep in mind that dark meat chicken takes longer to cook than white meat. Watch your wing segments, as well; these will finish cooking first.

**** eatin healthy

we off dat

Popeye's Spicy Chicken Recipe
374565_530520986986098_166232330_n.jpg

3 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup hot red pepper sauce (I like Louisiana Hot Sauce)
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 quart buttermilk (optional)
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder (to taste)
1 (1 to 2 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into pieces
Peanut Oil, for frying

1. Place cut-up chicken in a large bowl, and cover with buttermilk. Cover and chill for two hours, or overnight. This is an optional (but recommended) step.

2. In a large bowl, add eggs, water, and red pepper sauce. Whisk until combined.

3. In a large gallon freezer bag, mix flour, pepper, paprika, and cayenne.

4. Remove chicken from buttermilk (if marinated) and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

5. Place all chicken pieces in freezer bag with flour mixture. Shake until all pieces are evenly coated.

6. Remove chicken pieces one at a time, shaking excess flour. Dip each piece in the egg mixture, and return to bag of flour. After all pieces of been dipped in the egg mixture and put back in the bag, give it a second shake to coat chicken pieces again.

7. Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan to 350 degrees. Working in batches, drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil. Fry for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally if oil does not completely cover chicken. Keep in mind that dark meat chicken takes longer to cook than white meat. Watch your wing segments, as well; these will finish cooking first.

Man, that looks good but it aggravates my GURD. Stomach acid coming up in the middle of the night is not good. I learned to air fry on my Nuwave though. So Easy Pass on the deep fried stuff.

I will eat a piece once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
I started tracking a lot of my intake. it's helping out tremendously.

80% produce 20% whatever... so far so good...

I started tracking a lot of my intake. it's helping out tremendously.

80% produce 20% whatever... so far so good...

Ive found calorie tracking to be very helpful. I have winged myself off of it now though. I only check when I introduce something new. I stay well below 2000 calories evethough my lifestyle could afford 2500. I save up for special occasions.

Back
Top Bottom