LET'S DISCUSS HEALTHY EATING VOL WE OFF RED MEAT

I wonder where meth is, he is supposedly on a strict plant based diet
eek.gif

I'd love to hear some stories of people making that transition on here.

I'm scared to try pesto. I'm really bad about trying something new. What's it taste like?
nerd.gif
I'll find the thread later, Meth is eats healthy as hell

yes, unless you're a 12 yr old girl. ancel keyes put people on 1800 cals/day for his starvation experiment.

stop believing stupid broscience ******** fad diets. i bet you think carbs are evil too craig.

Ehh I gets down with carbs. :smokin

Wait how the hell you know my name. :lol:

im trying to eat good with an intake of 2500-3000 calories, maybe a lil bit more with 3-4 days of weight lifting and 1 day of cardio
lately ive been eating baked salmon, baked chicken breasts, steam veggies (asparagus, and broccoli)
snacks in between would be either a protien/cliff bar, lots of water and a random fruit (banana/apple/orange)
however, i had some blood work done, and my doctor tells me to watch my cholesterol intake. i guess its a lil bit too high.
what foods do you guys recommend? or food plans. i love fish and i know its high in fat but its good fat. maybe i should cut down on fish?
thanks!!

eyes.gif

Staying under 2000 calories is bad for you now?
yes, unless you're a 12 yr old girl. ancel keyes put people on 1800 cals/day for his starvation experiment.

stop believing stupid broscience ******** fad diets. i bet you think carbs are evil too craig.
actually he put people on 1500 cals/day for his SEMI-starvation experiment, so eating under 2000 calories is not bad for you as long as you eat your essential nutrients and you want to lose weight. i would think that starvation occurs if you eat less than 1200cal/day

im trying to eat good with an intake of 2500-3000 calories, maybe a lil bit more with 3-4 days of weight lifting and 1 day of cardio
lately ive been eating baked salmon, baked chicken breasts, steam veggies (asparagus, and broccoli)
snacks in between would be either a protien/cliff bar, lots of water and a random fruit (banana/apple/orange)
however, i had some blood work done, and my doctor tells me to watch my cholesterol intake. i guess its a lil bit too high.
what foods do you guys recommend? or food plans. i love fish and i know its high in fat but its good fat. maybe i should cut down on fish?
thanks!!
to lower cholesterol eat foods high in soluble fiber and do more cardio based exercise. no need to cut down on fish, just make sure you're not eating foods with trans fat or saturated fat

Last edited:
I'm doing 1500 calories now.

It isn't the healthiest option, but I lose weight super fast at this calorie intake.

I'm still getting over 100g of protein, about 150g of carbs, over 60g of fat, and 5-7 servings of leafy green vegetables and fruit a day.

I'll probably do this for a month so that I can drop this fat I gained over winter and then I'll start easing back into maintenance calories.

It isn't the healthiest option, but I lose weight super fast at this calorie intake.

I'm still getting over 100g of protein, about 150g of carbs, over 60g of fat, and 5-7 servings of leafy green vegetables and fruit a day.

I'll probably do this for a month so that I can drop this fat I gained over winter and then I'll start easing back into maintenance calories.
when you start to ease back and pick up calories again just make sure you do more exercising to maintain the weight

eek.gif

I'm scared to try pesto. I'm really bad about trying something new. What's it taste like?
nerd.gif
i ate meat for 28 yrs of my life. now i cant even think of eating it ever again.

the average SEDENTARY female should be eating 2500 calories a day, average male 3000

humans need carbohydrates/calories for energy. would you attempt to put less fuel in your car's tank than needed to get somewhere?

our brains run on glucose. dat glycogen restore.

thanks!!

well obviously if you eat meat you're going to have high cholesterol, i did too. only advice i can give you is to eat more fruits and vegetables, they dont contain any cholesterol. eating 1 apple or banana or orange a day doesnt qualify as eating fruit to me. apples and oranges are low in calories, so you're only eating 100 calories out of 2500-3000 in fruit. the majority of your calories are coming from fat/protein which means poor health.

find a fruit you love and eat it to your heart's content. unfortunately a lot of the fruit we get here is poor quality since its shipped from other countries and not picked ripe.

you are losing water weight and eventually will put it back on/not be healthy. once you crash and burn from being undercarbed and not eating enough calories you will binge. 100 g of protein and 60 g of fat is ridiculous and will never give you optimal health.

Last edited:
i ate meat for 28 yrs of my life. now i cant even think of eating it ever again.

the average SEDENTARY female should be eating 2500 calories a day, average male 3000

humans need carbohydrates/calories for energy. would you attempt to less fuel in your car's tank than needed to get somewhere?

thanks!!

well obviously if you eat meat you're going to have high cholesterol, i did too. only advice i can give you is to eat more fruits and vegetables, they dont contain any cholesterol. eating 1 apple or banana or orange a day doesnt qualify as eating fruit to me. apples and oranges are low in calories, so you're only eating 100 calories out of 2500-3000 in fruit. the majority of your calories are coming from fat/protein which means poor health.

find a fruit you love and eat it to your heart's content. unfortunately a lot of the fruit we get here is poor quality since its shipped from other countries and not picked ripe.
i dont think anyone said that they dont eat carbs
laugh.gif

also, just cause you eat meat does NOT mean that you will necessarily have high cholesterol. it is the type of FAT that people eat that cause them to have high cholesterol. foods like butter, cheese, whipped cream, and coconut oil are all non-meat foods but they are very high in saturated fat

eek.gif

nerd.gif

humans need carbohydrates/calories for energy. would you attempt to put less fuel in your car's tank than needed to get somewhere?

thanks!!

you are losing water weight and eventually will put it back on/not be healthy. once you crash and burn from being undercarbed and not eating enough calories you will binge. 100 g of protein and 60 g of fat is ridiculous and will never give you optimal health.
Carbs are NOT an essential nutrient for humans.  We don't need carbs at all. 

eek.gif

nerd.gif

thanks!!

yes we do

but according to all the latest fad diets people should be following overweight people who arent fit's advice on nutrition and how to lose weight i.e. fatkins diet paleo primal ******** diet. those diets are all essentially low cal/low carb high fat/high protein.

carb cutting is all the rage "oh that has too many carbs in it, ill get fat"

most people dont know what carbs are. their definition of carbs is cakes, donuts, pasta, bread, pizza. not a mango.

meat contains lots of fat, fish is high in cholesterol

butter, cheese, whipped cream are all cow **** so once again where is cholesterol coming from? animal products
tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif

so you eat nothing but slabs of meat ?

but according to all the latest fad diets people should be following overweight people who arent fit's advice on nutrition and how to lose weight i.e. fatkins diet paleo primal ******** diet. those diets are all essentially low cal/low carb high fat/high protein.

most people dont know what carbs are. their definition of carbs is cakes, donuts, pasta, bread, pizza. not a mango.

butter, cheese, whipped cream are all cow **** so once again where is cholesterol coming from? animal products
yes but no one is talking about a specific diet right now and no one is suggesting cutting carbs from their diet (besides that guy that said carbs are not essential
laugh.gif
)

and EATING cholesterol will NOT raise your blood-cholesterol levels significantly. eating SATURATED and TRANS fats will raise your blood-cholesterol. cholesterol is not the problem, its the LDL that causes problems when people talk about blood-cholesterol levels

Last edited:
Haven't been eating BAD, just been craving Pizza, candy, etc. Not slipping too hard just been thinking about bad food, and that usually leads to me having it.

I dont believe in cutting the those thing. You can enjoy those things and stay healthy. Whole Foods sell personal pizzas made of brown rice flour and are 340 calories. I eat that for dinner sometimes. There is sugar free candy. I find sugar free gummies a lil better than regular ones.

I don't eat nothing but meat.  I do eat carbs but it's not an essential nutrient that humans absolutely need to live.  There are groups of people that live on very little to no carbs and are in excellent health. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrates  - Foods high in carbohydrate include fruits, sweets, soft drinks, breads, pastas, beans, potatoes, bran, rice, and cereals. Carbohydrates are a common source of energy in living organisms; however, no carbohydrate is an  essential nutrient  in humans.[sup][9][/sup]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient  - Not one essential nutrient listed there says carbs

Last edited:

I don't eat nothing but meat.  I do eat carbs but it's not an essential nutrient that humans absolutely need to live.  There are groups of people that live on very little to no carbs and are in excellent health. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient  - Not one essential nutrient listed there says carbs
if you want your brain to always be functioning on ketones then i guess you dont need carbs

Back
Top Bottom