Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

I'm looking to get a MPC to use with FL, (none of that Reason @#%$). Is it fairly easy to set up, and what are some of the cheaper MPC's that are pretty good and still relevant.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font]​

let me tell you a story.....

I was once you. I thought the FL slicer was the greatest thing FL had just like edison. i cranked out some stuff too. then someone told me to use reason. i messed with it and i was lost. im like how do u do this and that. so i dumped reason out of frustration and went back to FL. then i met this cat who is now my partner and he uses reason. i saw the stuff he did with it and i wanted to learn. so i watched him and i taught myself how to use it. I dumped FL casue it got to the point where all im doin is point and clicking to make beats. when ppl say reason is too hard to use it makes me mad casue its not. i always think that those ppl dont want to take the time to expand their software game up. FL has weak sause sounds. it really does. reason on the other hand is far more in depth yes but once you figure it out its nothin. I know FL is a deep program it can be if you study it. but study reason instead and get more. you was asking to use a mpc with FL. naw man why would you want to use FL if you have a mpc. now all you need is sounds/samples. i know you aint using FLs stock sounds. im telling you grab you a midi controller and learn reason! thats waht i think confusses ppl. FL is mostly point and click. you dont have to have a midi controller. you can use your computer keyboard for crying out loud to play keys! reason you almost always need a midi controller to create tracks with a flow. plus it makes you learn other things. help me out TIME lol.
Looking to Upgrade Your Computer or Build Your Own?
Brand New Core 2 Duo Motherboard w/Retail Copy of Vista Ultimate $200 shipped(Over $700 Value) Super Steal!

"Ayo son im on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries" --Cormega

^i got u

dude i used FL for 7 @#%$ years(got reason feb 06)... its a deep program but the sounds are lacking big time...sure there's millions of vsts but @#%$ a vst when u can have a fantom, motif, triton, quadrasynth, virus synth, and countless other keyboards right there all key mapped for u...none of that "this note holds longer than that note" @#%$...sequencer makes mr hankey all on FLs(tho i heard the newest one was aight)... o and if u like choppin samples recycle is God's gift to producers... i used to hate choppin samples so i rarely ever did it...recycle is almost cheating its so damn easy...o and how could i forget THOR! ? so now theres 3 different synths, all the effects u need, the best sounds(from a sequencer) pound for pound, and besides everyone on here who uses reason beats > yours... and thats no knock my DOPE FL users...

sorry if u get offended by that last line but professor time always likes to drop a lil jokey joke at the end of his schoolings... but yea reason is the @#%$...the @#%$ aint really hard to learn u just used to that dumbed down @#%$ sequencer in FL...most sequencers including audition, pro tools, DP, and cubase use the track format as reason does so once u learn that ull pick up the other @#%$ easier... i honestly think they made reason for hardware dudes who want something portable also but was scared of software being on some other @#%$ that they not used to (like FL)... u can wire ur setup any way u want...its crazy and it works almost exactly (if not) like hardware.... instead of seein building blocks(jab)...plus its all about the sounds...if ur sample based ur cool wit fl but for original beats wit real sounding instruments... theres plenty of other useful devices in reason but i just touched on the @#%$ i use...u @#%$ u cant honestly be that scared of a little sequencer now can u? theres tutorials for reason 4 on youtube already...thats how i learned the sequencer...sat down for 2 hours straight...not tryin to make a beat but tryin to learn my equipment...
AIM : CORNROBCUN​
TEAMMUSICFORUM
"Most Valuable Producer"

I started on Reason............and i'll never leave...........but i still rotate between Acid and FL.There all good programs but somethings u can do in 1 but not the other.
Never Try..... Never Fail

I'm confused about the pointing and clicking thing. I've always used a MIDI controller to make beats with FL. You're a convincing bunch. I'll give Reason one more full fledged shot (It took me a while to learn FL but if Reason is that much better, I guess my time would be better invested in that). Now I deleted Reason, so if anyone can help me out in getting the latest version of Reason(possible a direct send). My aim is bimbady. Thanks.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font]​

That video made a lot of sense to me. I'm starting to get the basics down pact. The sounds do sound a lot better, I can't even lie. I'm gong to post my first ever REASON beat tommorow in the beat thread. :pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font]​

Alright im 20 years old an im tryna get into music more, its been a big part of my life for a while and i wana go fruther than just listening. Ive been writing for a while but have never made a track or anything. So i come here with questions in hopes yall can gime some advice.
My 1st question is what program can i get where i can take an instrumental that i download (example: I get Money Beat) and be able to record over it at a good quality?
My 2nd question is what program can i get that will allow me to take for example the I get Money Beat and put Nas lyrics from one of his songs over that beat?
My 3rd question is what is a program that i can start to create my own beats ?

also i have a yamaha keyboard will this help me make some beats ? I made a reply for all my questions cuz it seems every1 else is more knowledgable asking questions about stuff i dont even know what it is but i hope you guys can help me out

1.theres plenty...cool edit/audition, pro tools, acid, dp, and many more...mostly a matter of preference...quality is based on the mic...ur gonna want a condensor...that means uu need a preamp...

2. fruity loops, mix meister, acid...plenty more of these as well

3.get a midi to usb cord 4 ur yamaha and use it with reason...

nuff said...
TEAMMUSICFORUM
"Most Valuable Producer"

Mez, picture cuttin a loop and lookin at it in the wav editor... u simply place markers where u want a chop to begin and end... when u save the file all of the chops are placed in order, one on each key... therefore no need to load up multiple chops just to get one melody... it only works if u got a controller tho... they have vst rex players that u can use in fl...
TEAMMUSICFORUM
"Most Valuable Producer"

Whats the best program for cutting samples. I currently use cool edit pro. And exactly how do you use recycle. I loaded up the loop i wanted then i got lost from there.
TEAMYANKE​

Logic 8 is the truth you get sophisticated pluggins great sounding virtual instruments and its only $500USD. Checkout Myspace.com/TenfNCal I know these guys they use Logic and they made some good remixes with it.

Logic Pro can automatically sync any sample to whatever BPM you have going without changing the pitch of your sample. The capabilities to chop samples by zooming in pasting etc are very comprehensive and the pluggins also help make your stuff sound official. I hope this helps Will0827.

Quote:
Mez, picture cuttin a loop and lookin at it in the wav editor... u simply place markers where u want a chop to begin and end... when u save the file all of the chops are placed in order, one on each key... therefore no need to load up multiple chops just to get one melody..

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font]​

Back
Top Bottom