Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

I know the thread is dead, but what is a good beginner software to produce?
nerd.gif

CaptainKicks wrote:
nerd.gif

Fl was pretty easy for me to pick up

Just watch some tutorials and gain basic knowledge of what your using.

What type of effects or filters does Hit-Boy use on the kick drum in "!%%%#$ in Paris" for that thick, heavy, reverberated sound? Is it just a simple reverb effect?

man i just realized hit boy is 24 years old thats crazy, i never produced in my life but just knowing that just makes me want to produce, i got a imac and will def try to learn but as a hobby after school semester is done, but hit boy prob got crazy pro tools right like in what range is his studio worth prob?

far far from an expert, but def know its not really all about the "worth" of your studio setup.  some dudes be buying a bunch of equipment and wasting $.  There are dudes making good beats with FL studio and a beat up windows laptop.

For the dude asking bout good software to start with the mac, id recommend logic pro.  very powerful program, but still user friendly.  lots of good sounds already in the program too.

and for whoever asked about maschine, everybody i immediately know that uses it, learned from youtube.  i'd start there if you dont have someone in your corner to help hands on.  It's pretty much like all of the other tactical joints tho, just probably one of the more user friendly and also comes with a lot of good sounds.

im just gettin back on to Niketalk after bein gone a couple yrs...I saw this thread and figured i could contribute... check out www.six7music.com to see my bio and whatnot.. U got any questions about anything from engineering to producing to songwriting... let me know...

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by ps2child

yo. ive been struggling with a part of my production for a minute. i thought i had it figured out but i didnt. im trying to get my kick drums and a sub bass to sit well in a mix. for some reason i always get some kind of distortion where one is over powering the other. now i know the basics (at least i think i do). I use reason 3 btw, and i know how to eq certain sounds too remove unwanted frequencies and such. but i cannot grasp it still for these lower end signals for hard kicks and sub basses on a track. an example would be a track by slum village called players. yea smooth as hell yet the bass and drums stand out on there own. my tracks dont have to sound as good as that but atleast more separated. suggestions? if a reference track is needed ill post one.
Dope avy
pimp.gif

But some suggestions would be to compress the two kick drums separately...I've argued with a few people as to if you were to compress before/after the EQ, I always figured it made more sense to compress pre EQ...so you wouldn't compress everything you just subtracted/boosted...but I'm sure compressing the two would help a little with the low frequency overload your hittin on your kicks...maybe compress the two kicks to the same compressor with the same threshold/ratio...iunno, i'm kinda loaded and i'm just throwing out suggestions brodi lol good luck.
My chain is usually, EQ - Compression

I always EQ, than compress as well... Have you tried side chain compression? Use the kick as the input on the compressor you have on te bass. Every time the kick hits it will attenuate the bass. That should help.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

nerd.gif

Try out Ableton Live. There should be a DEMO for it.
Logic is good too.

Ive been using Logic for years, but just recently switched to Ableton (still use logic to mix)

Try out Ableton. Its easy, fast workflow that wont interrupt your creativity.

If you need help check out gearslutz.com forum. 

Back
Top Bottom