Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

if you're just trying to learn basics then garageband is a good start. if you wanna get serious (which is sounds cuz you were considering an mpc) then youshould upgrade. i would say try reason or logic. reason is a lot easier to learn (i've used both and it's not even close) and you can find a crackonline, plus a lot of dudes on here can vouch for it.

just a heads up, the MPK 49 is on samash.com. i ordered it, but the warehouse called me today and told me that akai isn't shipping them out to them tillate november/early december so i wouldn't get it until mid december so i got an m-audio midi controller instead.

What would be the best MPC to get. I want to be able to send my chopped samples to it from my pc and be able to use it with reason to record. I already have aM-Audio Keyrig 49. And now i would like to get an MPC but dont know which to get. Also is there a refill for the type of synthesiser that pharrell used on Iknow on Jays album and drop it like it's hot which i believe is that same type. Thanks

EDIT*
Would i be good with this one i have pictured, would i be able to use this with an ipod or is it only usable with a pc. Also i saw the MPC 500 will i be betteroff with that one instead of the one i have pictured so i can produce on the go.
MPD24
MPD24.jpg

MPC500
MPC500_top_300.jpg

mpc 500 is certified crap. at least get a 1000, but if you're not even gonna use the sequencer on it then you don't need an mpc. you're fine withyour keyrig and reason.

i dont know how p is now, but him and chad had a list of like 7 different keyboards they used. the most modern ones were the microkorg and the triton from whati remember.

Thanks quest. I was still considering getting the MPD24 cause i find it easier to make a drum track with an MPC and like using the keyrig for additional soundsand piano.

Are the differences between the MPD24 and the MPC500 that the MPC500 can be used as a stand alone drum sequencer and the MPD24 used with a pc. Also whats sobad about the MPC500, should i just save for the MPC1000 and forget about the 500?

yea the mpd and mpc is computer/stand alone. yea on the mpc 500 just read the reiveiws. all of them give it crap. it looks nice cause its small and can run offbatteries but it only has 12 pads and i think its lacking tons of features.

to me the 500 sucks cuz it doesn't feel the same as a regular mpc (i have the 2kxl and have used a 2500 a few times) and it lacks a lot of necessaryfeatures. even the 1000 to me is ehhh, but from what i've heard it's pretty reliable and most people i've talked to that owns a 1000 is happy withit. what i've read about the 500 is that sequences go missing mysteriously and the overall feel sucks. for another 300 bucks you might as well get the1000.

if you dont like using computer sequencers then an mpc might be for you, but if you like reason then just stick to it cuz you can do more in reason than youcan on an mpc. i just use an mpc cuz i'm a hardware person (no ohsnaps).

All right guys thanks for the help. I think im gonna go with the MPD24 because i like using reason and was thinking about getting a laptop soon anyway. Any ofyou used the MPD24. How is it in terms of ease of use and stuff like that?

Ahem... Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but... Does anyone use SampleTank?

I can't figure this thing out. Mine doesn't seem to come with a Sound Library, because everything says "Instrument Not Found."

I couldn't figure out if it was just a VST that you imported sounds into, or if it came with any off the bat? As far as I knew, it seemed like it wassupposed to come with a ton of things. Any solutions/suggestions...? Appreciated.

Im almost positive you need to download sounds for sampletank

IK site sometimes has free packs on there..or just google it
wink.gif

Sampletank is good, real versatile...takes up alot of memory though..and is hard to tweak at times

Get a Bachelor's in Music Theory then a PhD in Music Theory then I guarantee you if you have any ounce of creativity within you, you will run the hip-hopproducing game. There are so many untapped musical possibilities out there but nobody wants to get an education in music, when clearly 99% of the people doingit are nowhere near the 'naturals or geniuses' they believe they are. Most are musically ******ed.

nobody's gonna go to school to become a producer... its good to learn music theory but its not really needed in the rap game... i dunno... i just know thatmy favorite producers dont really know how to play music... niether do i... and just because u know how to read/play music doesnt mean ur gonna b good atcreating it...

^True, but it won't hurt you either...it will only make you that much better if you know your chords and what compliments what and so forth...I don'tbelieve that having music theory=Best hip hop producer though...I mean, I've met a lot of people who have gone through a lot of music theory and I thinkthat most of them not only learn music theory but they also do like some sort of ear training and they just know what will go good with what, which chords toplay to give it a nice flow and so forth...but then again any joe can just play something off of a midi keyboard and Logic/Reason and have a straight banger...

i guess it all depends on how deep u wanna get into it... i taught myself some simple chord progressions... and for only being on the keys for a year i thinkive come pretty far but im always willing to expand my knowledge... i just hate school...

mpd24 + laptop >>>>>>>>>>> mpc 500

just picked up an oldschool super synthesizer + waves diamond bundle and 25 gigs worth of plugins and vst's
pimp.gif

don't even know synthesis but I'll figure it out...anybody know a good place to start????????????

and i got a bunch of recording programs like acid pro 6, cubase, nuendo...which one do yall recommend?????????

also, I'm thinkin of sellin the waves diamond bundle if anybody's interested, I'll let it go for super cheap
eek.gif
. send me a message if your interested.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

nobody's gonna go to school to become a producer... its good to learn music theory but its not really needed in the rap game... i dunno... i just know that my favorite producers dont really know how to play music... niether do i... and just because u know how to read/play music doesnt mean ur gonna b good at creating it...

music theory helps you point in the right direction of a certain expression you want...If yall were smart yall would take your dream to a different level.And by different level, I mean expand your hobby past hip hop. Rap is mad boring to me now. I plan on ressurecting the game but best believe I'm finnaget rock n roll money, RnB money, country, techno, 60's cover band, 70's cover band, 80's cover band money, film scoring money, live audioengineering money, video game foley money etc.
None of that really has to do anything with music theory I'm just sayin yall should expand yalls horizon. Just incase the rap game doesn't panout, you got other things to fall on while you aint in the game, plus if you get an audio job somewhere, u can use their equipment
wink.gif

And going to school to be a producer doesn't have anything to do with music theory. I'm going to school to be a music producer and film director, andit's more technological. They teach you how to mic things in order to get certain sounds, what to look for when your eq'ing...etc. The keyboardshortcuts for protools I've learned are worth my audio production class alone
laugh.gif

AYOOOOOOO, where you get the waves plug ins at??
nerd.gif

music theory helps you point in the right direction of a certain expression you want...If yall were smart yall would take your dream to a different level. And by different level, I mean expand your hobby past hip hop. Rap is mad boring to me now. I plan on ressurecting the game but best believe I'm finna get rock n roll money, RnB money, country, techno, 60's cover band, 70's cover band, 80's cover band money, film scoring money, live audio engineering money, video game foley money etc.
None of that really has to do anything with music theory I'm just sayin yall should expand yalls horizon. Just incase the rap game doesn't pan out, you got other things to fall on while you aint in the game, plus if you get an audio job somewhere, u can use their equipment
wink.gif

And going to school to be a producer doesn't have anything to do with music theory. I'm going to school to be a music producer and film director, and it's more technological. They teach you how to mic things in order to get certain sounds, what to look for when your eq'ing...etc. The keyboard shortcuts for protools I've learned are worth my audio production class alone
laugh.gif

Thats exactly how I feel, ain't no doubt you can stay doing hip hop all on your spare time but whats really important is how are you gonna pay thembills...cause for every beat you make there are about 10,000 other producers doing the same exact thing. Expanding your knowledge is only seperating yourselffrom everyone else.

Pro Tool shortcuts
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
just hit me up, got'em from a studio connect.

I'm talkin super cheap if yall interested, i'm talkin 10 percent. Professional+%!+ here, take your productions to another level.

I look out for nt
wink.gif

lol i can get that @#%% for yall too... @#%% u wanna buy a program, refill, beat, song, verse or whatever hit ME up...

and yea yall right about learnin all that @#%%... i just hate school... id rather learn from somebody in the studio...

plus rap IS going to pan out for me... even if not wit beats...

Back
Top Bottom