Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Johnny Jetson

ANybody @!@@ with the MPC500, is it outdated?

Im thinking about trading in all I got to get that %$$+

i have honestly never even heard of it... they tryin to hit everybody with every budget...
laugh.gif

id look into native instruments mashine if i were u

co f'ing sign

I need that Trilogy, can't find a good working version. I will of course return the favor with vst plug ins/sound pack add ons

i see everybody is on software lol, can someone recommend a good cd deck?

preferably a cd/record deck

thanks in advance

Just got that 30 gig Omnisphere VST for the PC and Mac. If anyone needs it for free get at me. Dr. Dre himself uses this VST

also.. what programs do ya'll use on the daily for your beats?
i got reason and fruity loops for my pc but i stick mainly with fruity loops cuz my hardware game isn't too up to par. just a midi keyboard mainly

Whats a good vst for strings and orchestral sounds? Ive been using Hypersonic but its getting kindve played to me..thanks.

Can somebody breakdown mixing and mastering to me please casue everyone is telling thats whats holding me back I cant get the hang of it.

Originally Posted by cartune

Can somebody breakdown mixing and mastering to me please casue everyone is telling thats whats holding me back I cant get the hang of it.

Here's a pretty good guide...there's no strict guideline to the mix/master process...just gotta have a good ear

Originally Posted by bleed05

Originally Posted by cartune

Here's a pretty good guide...there's no strict guideline to the mix/master process...just gotta have a good ear
but i dont i dont even know what software to use is this T Racks software good? I be asking some producers im cool with and they get all stingywith info which i kinda respect I just need a 101 course

u need eq, reverb, delay, compression, limiter...

all them plugin packs essentially come with the same %%!%... learn how they work and when/where to apply them first then ull b able to see which ones u like best by ear...
This is true.

Regardless of how powerful your plug-ins are, the mix will only be as good as your ability to use them.. This is all dependent on your ear and your monitoringenvironment. You have to be able to listen to your stuff critically, be able to tell when something is too loud, to quiet, drowning out other instruments, etc.and use the right tools to solve these problems. Listen to your stuff in several types of environments and speakers, especially if you're not using studiomonitors that are set up properly. For example, your beat might sound great on your speakers at home, but when you throw them in a car the bass is sooverwhelming that nothing else can be heard.

Check out the guide at tweakheadz.com, in particular the sections on EQ and Compressors. Also check out obiaudio.com's article section on production, lots of quality info there.

You can definitely get quality sound out of free plugins once you have a solid understanding of the concepts behind them. A little reading goes a long way,those two sites should get you started.

Question! whats the quickest and easiest way to record something from my dvd player into my DAW...What cables would I need? I think its audio out of my dvdplayer into my audio in on my laptop....correct??

When you use the piano roll in FL Studio and use the computer keyboard to play sounds, is there any damn logic in which button plays what?
laugh.gif

Yeah I know get a real keyboard.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

When you use the piano roll in FL Studio and use the computer keyboard to play sounds, is there any damn logic in which button plays what?
laugh.gif

From what I remember, it's supposed to be a representation of an actual keyboard. I don't have FL on this laptop right now, but I think Zwould represent middle C, so S would be C#, X would be D, and so on.. it might not be that exact layout but I'm pretty sure that's the concept.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

laugh.gif

1.jpg

^ I just typed fl studio keyboard to midi lol but loendradio was pretty much on point.

There is too much beat maker lingo in here. Say I am on day 1(today) which program do you recommend downloading. Reason sounds like its better than Floops.Will I need to download sounds? Also, how do i go about sampling songs?

Ayye! what some effects you guys like to add to samples..and in reason how to you make them louder?/

Originally Posted by Timpace

Ayye! what some effects you guys like to add to samples..and in reason how to you make them louder?/
i usually dont add effects on samples... cept for whatever filter... thats also how u make them louder... try the notch filter...
Props.. "filter" i guess thats what i meant then...because when i convert and import into recycle then reason i notice a loss inquality..so thanks Time

i usually dont add effects on samples... cept for whatever filter... thats also how u make them louder... try the notch filter...
Props.. "filter" i guess thats what i meant then...because when i convert and import into recycle then reason i notice a loss in quality..so thanks Time

np... also do u have the rex player set to high quality interpolation? make sure that low BW isnt on either...
Yea i do..my main prob was sound overall rather it be the rex., or nnxt/nn19..but big thanks on the help..!!
smokin.gif

Filter obviously and I like to add hella reverb and delay.

im running a axiom 25 w/ fl9.

when i link my knobs to my main volume/tempo etc & i turn a knob it jumps like crazy and isnt consistent @ all.

any resolutions?

Back
Top Bottom