Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

it seems to me like everyone only knows about akai

anybody touch roland products? that 606 looks nice considering its about 400 cheaper than an mpc 1000 and can do about the same and its easier to sample

yeah the 606 is cool and all but its not as revolutionary as the mpc has been. the roland came out big with its 808 model which became famous in the world of hip hop. the 404 is good for djing and you wanna add sound effects to your set and drops. i honestly love the 1000. its was either a 1000, 2000xl for me. the ram and internal hard drive makes it a great buy, very upgradable along with the OS update which makes it a 2500 minus the 300,000 notes and i think tracks.

most people who mess with roland usually get the mv8000 i think or its the mv8800 one of those two.

sik our set up is the same, i am planning on getting more hardware keyboards.
Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

Sik - nice addition - it truly is a beast (MPC) ...Right now i'm saving for a fantom x6

yeah that mv8000 is what i was looking at, it just seems like everyone uses that mpc and its sound is too formatted in hip-hop

i mean it has a built in sequencer and you can burn your music to cd, i think thats ill, it doesent seem like the mpc 2000 is vastly ahead, what am i missing?

payless the burn to cd feature you can get that on the mpc 2500. the mpc 2000 has been discontinued for a while. the equivalent to the mv8000 is the mpc 4000. when you go that high up it ust becomes more of a pref and brand loyalty.

dont get it twisted the mv8000 is also used in hip hop alot. two big dogs i can recall dat use it a great deal is RZA and Dupri.

Another thing if you listen to alot of dance music, bmore music, the tracks are usally sampled on the mpc, or a stand alone unit equal to it and then taken into an auido edit program like albeton or something along those terms.

you have rock groups like linkin park which use the mpc also. so it doesnt just cater to one style of music.

hip hop just made it big because in the early stages it was affordable. hip hop was made on recycling, and being cost effective. people in the pjs couldnt by a guitar, set of drums, and keyboards all willy nilly.

sik i have a microkorg right now. nice lil beast. love it too def.

Add Me

payless the burn to cd feature you can get that on the mpc 2500. the mpc 2000 has been discontinued for a while. the equivalent to the mv8000 is the mpc 4000. when you go that high up it ust becomes more of a pref and brand loyalty.

dont get it twisted the mv8000 is also used in hip hop alot. two big dogs i can recall dat use it a great deal is RZA and Dupri.

Another thing if you listen to alot of dance music, bmore music, the tracks are usally sampled on the mpc, or a stand alone unit equal to it and then taken into an auido edit program like albeton or something along those terms.

you have rock groups like linkin park which use the mpc also. so it doesnt just cater to one style of music.

hip hop just made it big because in the early stages it was affordable. hip hop was made on recycling, and being cost effective. people in the pjs couldnt by a guitar, set of drums, and keyboards all willy nilly.

sik i have a microkorg right now. nice lil beast. love it too def.

Add Me

The thing i dont like about the Microkorg is its interface is terrible...its so easy to lose the sound your working with if you dont haew what ur trying to do...It really messes up the work flow

As far as the MV vs MPC its all about preference.. I had the 4k but i didnt like the chopping features..but i would def. get another...because its basically a all in one machine. The VGA screen of the MV8000 is nasty though

yeah ive seen dupri with his roland joint

i didnt mean to say it only caters to hip hop but i was saying that it seems everybody is using that mpc to create music and i was trying to get something a little different, even though at the heart they do the same thing

i dont really plan on making hip hop beats, and if you could have the power of a mpc 4000 for about 1.5 grand less why not use that but i never hear of anybody using roland

anybody in here on the level of recording their own drums?

Back
Top Bottom