Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

alright ive been on my grind reading everything i could get my hands on and im still sort of confused on what i need. this is my set up so far and i only want to take 1 trip to the store

Roland MV880 with VGA (more bang for the buck)
Turntable
49 key Midi Controller
4x4 midi interface
Macbook Pro
Monitors
Reason?

What are some cheaper alternatives to Pro Tools?(logic Exp?) and what should i do if i want to incorparate the sounds from a korg microkorg?

Any help is aprreciated

IM WAVING AUTOMATIC GUNS AT NUNS

You need a mixer and some audio cords so you can have all your equipment going at the same time

And I would get a desktop instead of that macbook becuase you're gonna need all the cpu and ram power for recording and storage space...so far you god, just consider what I'm tellin you to change

Coogi Sweaters...you should do as RhymeSik said and invest in a good microphone and also as an alternative to ProTools you should try Logic on your Mac, don't even bother going to the Apple store though you can find Logic Pro from anywhere between $300-$400...at the Apple store or at Guitar Center or wherever you go they'll probably sell it for $1000...Logic Pro is a great alternative to Pro Tools, some audio engineers/producers will even say its better...
For Sale:​
Retro 5 Olives sz. 7.5​
PM me for pics and info!​

what are some good MICS cause i dont want anymore STATIC in my music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BREAK NECKS ALL DAY FROM NIKE AIR TO JAYS ANYWAYS I REMEMBA ROCKIN PAYLESS BACK IN THE DAY I GUESS MY LIFE ALL CHANGED

wesdenzel, it depends on your price range...if your looking for a reliable Mic that is pretty cheap and is well known around the industry you should try the Shure SM-58, I think they go for around $100 or maybe less...

And I also got a question for those with an MPC 1000....I just picked one up last week and it was an open box but not used...but there was no USB cable with it and I was wondering if it was suppose to come with one or not. Any helps would be great...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI. XV. XVIII.​

Thanks RhymeSik...but I got one more question about Sampling, when I discard or delete a portion of the sample does it open room in the 16MB that comes standard with it? Cause when I do it nothing really happens, and I'm not able to really do anymore samples.. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right....
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

Quote:
when I discard or delete a portion of the sample does it open room in the 16MB that comes standard with it? Cause when I do it nothing really happens, and I'm not able to really do anymore samples.. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right....

I think you have to purge the memory to clear all the unused samples, to free up more space.....there's probably another way, but I don't have an mpc anymore so I'm going off memory.
opyight

Thanks for the MPC help, I read the manual and it doesn't really say anything about deleting the preset sounds to make more room but that makes a lot of sense and I will try to figure that out...

And as far as Pro Tools vs. Logic Pro, I agree with ClassicBdub, I prefer Pro Tools over logic right now just because the editing features are just so much more easier in Pro Tools, although I heard when Logic Pro 8 drops (if it ever does...) that it will fix the editing problems...

and the synths and plug ins are amazing in Logic Pro... just something to keep in mind if you guys are interested in getting a DAW....
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

I hate the audio editing in Logic.
I started on Acid, so I thought that everything had the ability to lock audio to a certain tempo, and you could adjust the bpm and the audio would adjust on the fly then when I got Logic I was really disappointed.
I was thinking about using ableton live, just for that purpose, but I would rather have everything in one, so I just deal with it.
I just hope in Logic 8 they add that audio flexibility, then it would be the perfect daw.

opyight

Thanks everyone, I'm about to go to Costco later today and see wassup with the CF cards...I was reading the manual and it said its only capable of reading a 2gig so I'll probably end up getting that...

On another note, I'm in the market for a new computer...desktop or laptop...and I was just wondering what type of computers you guys run, Im getting my degree in sound and everyone at my school runs a Mac and I'm curious to see if anyone runs PC and how it's working out for them...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

IF ANYONE HERE HAS AN ACTUAL REGISTRATION FOR REASON 3.0 AND IS A VERIFIED MEMBER @ PROPELLERHEAD.COM.... PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GET THE "The Salazar Brothers Reggaeton ReFill" ... NO IM NOT GOING TO MAKE REGGAETON... I HAVE AN IDEA FOR SOMETHING ELSE IN MIND... IF ANYONE CAN GET A HAND ON THAT REFILL HIT ME UP AND WE WILL NEOGIATE PRICES...
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
.:THE APOLLO KEYZ MOVEMENT:.

for all akai mpc users, what are the pros and cons of the 1000? i heard its the same as basically the 2000xl except the mk pads are defective and they are smaller than the 2k

i could get an 2000xl for 890 or a 1000 for around 700, and i cant decide, that 2k comes with a warranty & 45 day reuturn though

Back
Top Bottom