Let's get married? vol. what would you do

You meet someone but they don't tell you their citizen status because they weren't born here. 3 years into the relationship they get a letter saying he/she will be deported in 2 weeks and tell you. You love them, no kids, no business together, nothing keeping you together but emotions. What do you do? 

Spoiler [+]
My Bahamian homeboy who came here at a very early age meets girl, never tells her he's an immigrant. A few years later she finds out but sticks around and hold each other down. The gf's sister snoops and finds out. Now the pressure is on homeboy to make this official to her parents.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

That's a pretty crucial detail to leave out....I'd pass.  I'm good. 

the coming out to the parents part?
well in his case.. the sister was cool with their situation. he's well liked but the fam. he needs to ask for the permission to 'marry' her. he feels positive he'd get the approval. im just afraid they'd find out eventually, idk.

foreign poon 
pimp.gif

I'd do it if we were in love and she was a dime and loyal to me

If you're going 3 years in a relationship without finding out something like that, you're asking for problems down the line. Childhood upbringing is something that should definitely be brought up early on in a serious relationship.

the pressure is on cuz he's an immigrant or cuz its been 3 years?

i don't see why the immigrant part matters to her parents

Originally Posted by crcballer55

If you're going 3 years in a relationship without finding out something like that, you're asking for problems down the line. Childhood upbringing is something that should definitely be brought up early on in a serious relationship.

What if she tells you in the 2nd year of the relationship and is actively trying to citizen status but gets the letter in the 3rd?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

the pressure is on cuz he's an immigrant or cuz its been 3 years?

i don't see why the immigrant part matters to her parents

the issue is the parents have no idea but the siblings told him he needed to make this official. they have actually been together for close to 10 years. 

Crucial details that could affect where things lead and such should be shared in the first few months of a relationship.  For example, someone shouldn't leave out that they are in the Navy and are going to be stationed somewhere else in a year.  They should be up front and let the person know what they are getting into rather than drop a bombshell on them and expect/force them to scramble around.  It is easy to make rationale decisions when less feeling/emotion is involved.  Obviously once someone has 3 years invested in a relationship they are more likely to make that move. 

Originally Posted by Tero

foreign poon 
pimp.gif

I'd do it if we were in love and she was a dime and loyal to me
sounds like this case is foreign penis though.
I couldn't do it. Too many implications with that. I'm pretty sure no one goes around thinking "oh she might be a foreigner" when looking for wife-material, you kind of assume that they have their legal status as a citizen. Changing that assumed fact three years into a relationship is a deep wound.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by crcballer55

What if she tells you in the 2nd year of the relationship and is actively trying to citizen status but gets the letter in the 3rd?
Even if it's 2 years, that's still too late for something like that. Communication is KEY in any successful relationship. If a person is willing to hide something for any length of time, you can almost guarantee the relationship will be broken, or at the very lease, severely strained for its duration.

Find out how much she's willing to pay to stay. Marry her... Get the cash... Then dip.... Shes obviously a liar anyway! You can file for divorce later on with the money...

Id tell her, "Meet me at thee alter with your white dress, we aint getting no younger we might as well do it!"

You must have fell asleep watching that episode of 'Martin' when Pam marriage that Puerto Rican dude so he can stay in the country.

Spoke to my boy earlier and he had the talk with the dad. He got the approval. I wish it was on more traditional terms tho.

Spoke to my boy earlier and he had the talk with the dad. He got the approval. I wish it was on more traditional terms tho.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

You must have fell asleep watching that episode of 'Martin' when Pam marriage that Puerto Rican dude so he can stay in the country.

That episode was funny.. Im about to watch it right now..

I'd get married numerous times to immigrants about to be deported for money, as long as I get paid. In fact if them Nigerian scam artists were on that steez I might've already been scammed if they did it right.

Definitely with a prenup though.

I don't see the problem here but maybe that's cuz I assume anybody talking to me with a non-NYC accent is an immigrant anyway. Only thing I separate is those fake ppl my age and younger trying too hard with a Caribbean accent cuz their parents was from one of the islands. I would not see it as a big deal if a chick I was dealing with came out and told me she was an illegal immigrant, aint that serious to me. Millions hustling in America today. Not like she a fugitive.

Nah, not worth the extra commotion.

It took you three years to figure that out 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'd get married numerous times to immigrants about to be deported for money, as long as I get paid. In fact if them Nigerian scam artists were on that steez I might've already been scammed if they did it right.
This
You're missing out on free money, b.

Turn mormon and start marrying vietnamese womenz for that 10k fee

You marry, what? like 6 of them, thats 60k already for 3 years AND FREE P BRUH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNND  A FREE CHEF

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEE

I could of sworn an NT'er made a thread about something like this, around 13k for a fixed marriage and he got all the other perks too. 

Back
Top Bottom