Let's Make NT's Dream Team vol. Your Five Best NBA Players at Each Position. UPDATE: TheTeamSoFar

Ever wonder what NT's own dream team would look like? We know what the dream team, the redeem team, as well as multiple championship teams have looked like. But what would our collective opinions on the best possible team constructed to win look like? 
Here's how it goes down. Each of us will choose a player at each position that we feel would contribute the MOST (at their respective position) to a championship/title/medal, whatever. Players can be from any era and will be in their prime. We should focus on all aspects that go into winning, including leadership, defense, hustle, ability to play within their role, basketball iq, offensive skill set, clutch factor etc. Let's pretend this team has to go up against the 'Monstars' and humanity's fate depended on winning a seven game series...
alien.gif

After a few pages, I'll edit NT's dream team into my original post based on tallying how many mentions each player gets at their position (i.e. if Shaq gets mentioned more than any other player at the center position, then he makes NT's dream team). I'll try to keep up with the editing as much as I can. So lets start this.

Here's my team:

C: Hakeem Olajuwon

PF: Kevin Garnett  

SF: Larry Bird

SG: Michael Jordan 

PG: Chris Paul (sorry Magic
tired.gif
)

Update

Here's the team so far:

NT DREAM TEAM

C: Shaq Oneal

PF: Tim Duncan

SF: Lebron James

SG: Michael Jordan

PG: Magic Johnson 

Iverson
Shuttlesworth
Kobe
KG
ShaQ

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Edit: Only wanted to add people that Ive actually seen play with my own eyes in their prime . Mike is a given didn't wanna include him
laugh.gif

Frazier, Jordan, LeBron, KG, Hakeem

Try bringing the ball up on this lineup.

Wanted to go with Pippen at the 3 & Bron at the 4, but I was worried about post defense. Plus Bron isn't a 4.

C - Dream
PF - Bill Russell 

SF - Larry Legend

SG - MJ

PG - Pip

I had to make some odd choices for a couple of positions on my list. I know Russell was considered a center in his time, but I think his defense/rebounding skills would greatly complement my choice for Hakeem as the main center. Well, I was kind of contemplating choosing Worm over Russ but I had to go with Russ on this one as he's a little taller than Worm and as we're also looking for intangibles, don't look further than his 11 rings. Either way, I guess Worm and Russ could be interchangeable at some point. 

I chose Hakeem over Wilt/Shaq/Kareem and other great centers, as he's got a more diversed offensive skill set. Dude can take you off the dribble, shoot over you or take you to the torture rack down low.

Larry? Besides his shooting stroke, he's got all the intangibles that you would need from your SF. He might not be the best defender, but as ya'll might have noticed the other 4 guys on the list are top notch defenders so eventually they'd offset whatever deficiencies Larry Legend might have. 

MJ = G.O.A.T.

As for Pip, he's not your traditional PG but we all know he can take care on PG duties on offens. As for defense, cat can definitely make the opposing PG's life a living hell.  

Originally Posted by donmega

C - Dream
PF - Bill Russell 

SF - Larry Legend

SG - MJ

PG - Pip

I had to make some odd choices for a couple of positions on my list. I know Russell was considered a center in his time, but I think his defense/rebounding skills would greatly complement my choice for Hakeem as the main center. Well, I was kind of contemplating choosing Worm over Russ but I had to go with Russ on this one as he's a little taller than Worm and as we're also looking for intangibles, don't look further than his 11 rings. Either way, I guess Worm and Russ could be interchangeable at some point. 

I chose Hakeem over Wilt/Shaq/Kareem and other great centers, as he's got a more diversed offensive skill set. Dude can take you off the dribble, shoot over you or take you to the torture rack down low.

Larry? Besides his shooting stroke, he's got all the intangibles that you would need from your SF. He might not be the best defender, but as ya'll might have noticed the other 4 guys on the list are top notch defenders so eventually they'd offset whatever deficiencies Larry Legend might have. 

MJ = G.O.A.T.

As for Pip, he's not your traditional PG but we all know he can take care on PG duties on offens. As for defense, cat can definitely make the opposing PG's life a living hell.  

Wait a minute... I thought we had to play them at there natural positions... If Not My List Changes Dropping Magic Moving Bron to Point and Playing Scottie at the 3

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by donmega

C - Dream
PF - Bill Russell 

SF - Larry Legend

SG - MJ

PG - Pip

MJ = G.O.A.T.

Wait a minute... I thought we had to play them at there natural positions... If Not My List Changes Dropping Magic Moving Bron to Point and Playing Scottie at the 3
Sorry fam, didn't notice that noted by the OP. If we'd be strict on choosing via natural positions, my list goes down like this:
C - Dream

PF - Worm

SF - Pip

SG - MJ

PG - Nash (Odd choice, but someone needs to facilitate and shoot if needed. And again, the other 4 are some of the best defensive players ever so they'd be able to keep Nash hidden on D.)

Yea we should only use players at their true position. No Duncan at center or Durant at power forward 
laugh.gif

Man I wanted to use Bron at the SF badly. It's hard to take anyone from any era over him at that position, but after seeing him give up against the celtics in his last season with the cavs and watching how poor his clutch ability has been I had to choose Larry. This dude will fight till the very end and is a proven winner.

This was a tough choice from picking from each position other than the guards, but it would be
Magic
Jordan

Bird

Timmy

Olajuwon/Kareem/Wilt (I just could not pick one)
laugh.gif
 - Any of them would be fine.

If I need a stop on the final play with us clinging to a one point lead, it would be

GP

Jordan

Pippen

The Worm

Olajuwon

Back
Top Bottom