lets take it back to late summer 05 the last true SBs

the tiffs who else besides me them being around 120 resell value after the RD in September. now these can not be had for less than 400 bucks. the last truesb's for me at least. i miss the colors being so clean yet so affective like the boca jr's,and the hunters. the sb game is done no good release hasdropped in a min esp for the low tops. F a MF doom

I'll agree

We got a few though:
nike-sb-purple-pigeon-dunk.jpg

^^^ true and the hawaii's that came out were the last true good releases. just my 2 cents.

kill that last true sb nonsense, people are just complaining because the hyped up kicks are now few and far between

Those "purple pigeons" were the last pair of dunk sb's that I bought. Nothing good came out after them. Every dunk sb you see now is so weak.

I love it when the uninformed make threads.....

First off, SB's represent a line of sneakers that goes well beyond just Dunks. So if you're talking about just Dunks, you should probably say DUNKSB's.

Second, Dunk SB's were pretty much dead by the time the "Tiffany's" came out. That release was the epitome of hype and the death of asubculture.

I mean, there were riots for the Espo's and Pharrell's, yet everyone harps on "Tiffany's". Which are actually Diamond Team Dunks."Tiffany" Dunks was just another horrible nickname for a sneaker for the masses.

All that sneaker represents is sneaker culture going truly mainstream. For better or worse? That's your call.

The very fact that you talk about "resell" value just points to how ridiculous things got around this time. And that you may be part of the problem.They're sneakers. Not cocaine or real estate.

Hunter's were just an atrocious sneaker by the way. Last nice pair of Dunk SB's may have been the "Buck" Dunks. And I still wound up sellingmy pair.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I love it when the uninformed make threads.....

First off, SB's represent a line of sneakers that goes well beyond just Dunks. So if you're talking about just Dunks, you should probably say DUNK SB's.

Second, Dunk SB's were pretty much dead by the time the "Tiffany's" came out. That release was the epitome of hype and the death of a subculture.

I mean, there were riots for the Espo's and Pharrell's, yet everyone harps on "Tiffany's". Which are actually Diamond Team Dunks. "Tiffany" Dunks was just another horrible nickname for a sneaker for the masses.

All that sneaker represents is sneaker culture going truly mainstream. For better or worse? That's your call.

The very fact that you talk about "resell" value just points to how ridiculous things got around this time. And that you may be part of the problem. They're sneakers. Not cocaine or real estate.

Hunter's were just an atrocious sneaker by the way. Last nice pair of Dunk SB's may have been the "Buck" Dunks. And I still wound up selling my pair.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE CALL THEM "TIFFANY" DUNKS!! or TIFFS!!
They're Diamond Supply Co. dunks!!
The only thing that was cool / odd was that the Alien Workshop FC's came in a silver box!! Why was that?

And the coolest SB hands down ever made was that one E CUE that had that Dragon Lasered onto the side of it and came in a dragon lasered Wood box

im still looking for a pair for a decent price... But it seems that the price continues to rise and the seller is gonna scam you...

Anything after the Gry/Purple dunks are trash.

The dunk wagon came thru so Nike had to "keep with the times"

Stick to the 3 color scheme Nike

nike-sb-dunk-mf-doom-main.jpg

how could you not mention these as one of the dopest SBs in awhile? and they dropped in summer of '07!

illphillip ive been in the game for years. so sit down with that bull ++@. i remember the espos and the nerd dunks. dont tell me that sb's was more thisand that nike made those shoes to get people who didnt rock skate shoes to wear them with the ''limited'' appeal and the good colorways.

This is just a mere opinion, everyone thinks Nikes have died out, each line "isn't what it used to be," yet Nike's annual earnings seem toclimb, and SBs seem to sell out. Let's remember that SB's are now what they used to be and started off being, bland colors that years later are lookedat as classic. Irons, plain gray with a blue swoosh, Hulks, just all green, etc. It was these collabs, movie inspirations, etc. that threw the whole thingcrazy, though it was fun at times. The SB like has branched out beyond the Dunk and some pretty nice Blazers, Harbors, P-Rods have come as result. Nike alsohas to stay true to what SB's are meant for, skateboarding, not pleasing resellers or sneakerheads.

Wasn't here before they died, but I have seen some recent (in the last two years) that I thought were pretty hot. Ex. Send Helps

I love the silver box and older pink box releases, but my favorite Dunk SB is suprisingly a gold box release......

TAKASHI 2

i might have to argue. and i might have to agree.

black box had some classic releases.

purple pigeons? peewees? send helps?

the cleanest ones imo were slept on HARD. paul urichs, strummer afters, weigers, boarder blues, deck highs?

mf dooms were really hyped, but i say the hype was right for these, because of how decent the colorway is, black, grey, 3M? plus you can pretty much put anycolor laces on em, which make em very versatile.

oh yeah, i forgot the takashi 2s, which actually are decent looking too, they have a combination of a good colorway, intricate detail, and nice quality.
but everything else, is crap. HYPE OR DIES? THREE BEARS? WHAT THE FU*KS? DR. FEELBADS? #OMO JRS? GIVE ME YOUR MONEY CAT PACK? GIBSON GAY-TAR DUNKS?

but then again, have you guys seen the new upcoming releases? Gore-Tex Un-Medicoms? Suede Gray Mids? Germany His? Tokyo Canvas Mids? only 4 good releases.

the rest? aw hell no.the hideous put-em-in-the Thrashins, Spiderman mids? wth? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pack? oh god.

i actually dont agree with this topic, although i myself have only bought a handfull of SB's since the Diamonds i would have to say that De La's,Hawaii's, Send Helps, MF Dooms, Supreme Blazers & Supreme Trainers all pretty solid in my eyes and i purchased all of them.

I ended up passing on the grey and purple joints as well as the boarder blue's, Pee Wee's & Takashi 2's but i think were all pretty solid aswell.

One older (kind of) Dunk SB which i think never got the appropriate shine for how dope it was is the Bandaids, i have worn them the last 2 days and seriouslylove these shoes.

Back
Top Bottom