LETS TALK AVIA

Transports were fire back when I was a kid. I remembered the look of the shoe but it took forever to find a google image to get a name.

Wow a Avia thread. Had a pair of all black leather joints back in 7th grade. Nice sneaker. Can't recall the name of the model though.

The few of runners they had were pretty sick. There was a pair that was mostly black with this weird double strap system but I can't remember them really.

Had these 858s when I was a kid that I loved.  Along with Drexler, Stockton also wore Avia back in the day

You gotta be extra old to appreciate this but….

Just scooped them. On sale for Memorial Day.

OMFG, illphillip you just gave me a flashback

When Pearl Washington (RIP) was at Syracuse he wore some Navy Blue ones, AVIA even put out a black and white poster with him wearin em in a locker room. His was actually a low top version, id pay ANYTHING for a pair of those

post made me feel old as hell, like eye am

thanx 4 takin me wai wai back Sir

pearl.jpg

OMFG, illphillip you just gave me a flashback

When Pearl Washington (RIP) was at Syracuse he wore some Navy Blue ones, AVIA even put out a black and white poster with him wearin em in a locker room. His was actually a low top version, id pay ANYTHING for a pair of those

post made me feel old as hell, like eye am

thanx 4 takin me wai wai back Sir

pearl.jpg

EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT

If it’s any consolation I’m old enough to remember Pearl. I was a St. John’s fan So he played at Cuse during the Mark Jackson/Chris Mullin/Walter Berry era at SJ. Just as I was getting into hoops as a shorty (I remember Sherm + DC at Cuse a little better). And it was a big deal when they played because Pearl was an NY dude.

Was it these?

YES YES YES , the base color was grey ,and no red on em, BUT thats as close as ive seen in forever

2 times please

Walter Berry ........ wow, just wow. Only cat I liked more than Berry was Mr Willie Glass !

I never missed when those cats came to the Dome, Carnesseca was class through and through

thank you VERY MUCH GOOD SIR, VERY !

YES YES YES , the base color was grey ,and no red on em, BUT thats as close as ive seen in forever

2 times please

Walter Berry ........ wow, just wow. Only cat I liked more than Berry was Mr Willie Glass !

I never missed when those cats came to the Dome, Carnesseca was class through and through

thank you VERY MUCH GOOD SIR, VERY !

EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT

That was a legendary era of Big East hoops. I kind of forgot about Willie. Same squad as Shelton Jones.

Malik Sealy. Jayson Williams. Boo Harvey. Michael Porter.

Rony. Sherm. DC. Billy Owens. Moten.

Legendary Hoyas squads. Villanova won it all. Seton Hall.

Good times.

I'm happy I grabbed a pair. For me, they fit very TTS (I'm a size US 9.5 in Jordan III and ength-wise they fit exactly the same). Very comfortable.

This colourway came with white laces. I switched to black laces and look way better to me.

The "Avia" and "830" logos on the black/white and white/red are printed, whereas on the white/blue/red and black/white/red colourways "Avia" and "830" are stitched. That's another reason why I grabbed the black/white/red.

Even though they're super hi-cut, the shoe collar is very soft. Therefore, it's easy to slip them on and off (unlike AF1 highs).

Finally, for under $100, it's a no-brainer. These are classics.

I'm happy I grabbed a pair. For me, they fit very TTS (I'm a size US 9.5 in Jordan III and ength-wise they fit exactly the same). Very comfortable.

This colourway came with white laces. I switched to black laces and look way better to me.

The "Avia" and "830" logos on the black/white and white/red are printed, whereas on the white/blue/red and black/white/red colourways "Avia" and "830" are stitched. That's another reason why I grabbed the black/white/red.

Even though they're super hi-cut, the shoe collar is very soft. Therefore, it's easy to slip them on and off (unlike AF1 highs).

Finally, for under $100, it's a no-brainer. These are classics.

Thanks for the review, man! Gonna try to grab a pair in the next couple of weeks.

I didn't realize Scottie Pippen wore Avia earlier in his career until a few years ago. I'll always remember him wearing Nike when I saw him at the apex of his career when the Bulls were dominant in the '90s.

I might cop the green 830. The cut of the Pippens look real interesting tho - they look like the 80s definition of a low-top shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom