Li-Ning Thread

Wade doesn't even wear the 3s off court
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Yeah, saw that. He must not be contactually obligated to only wear his own stuff in photos/IG/etc. Can't blame him for liking other shoes in addition to his own though. Not that you were, just saying. Dunno though, if I was him I woulda busted out one of those 3.0 Toe Shred CW's rather than what looks like the Pre-Grape.

For as long as I have been following Wade's shoe game (Air Jordan 2010) he's worn J's, and even when he switched to Li-Ning he wore TONS of 1 samples, one offs, etc. So in that regard I think he's really pushed his own brand quite far on his own. 1 pic out of tons of other WoW shoes doesn't really say anything about anything IMO. Even LeBron wears Air Maxes, Red Octobers during Finals shoot around etc. You "could" argue that it's still all Nike but fact remains it's not LeBron's line.

Wade is Cheif Brand Officer so as far as being "contractually obligated" or not kinda rests in his hands.

He knows only he can push his line forward with how he presents it, so again I'm pretty sure a 1 off pic in some J's means simply that...that day he felt like wearing J's.

For as long as I have been following Wade's shoe game (Air Jordan 2010) he's worn J's, and even when he switched to Li-Ning he wore TONS of 1 samples, one offs, etc. So in that regard I think he's really pushed his own brand quite far on his own. 1 pic out of tons of other WoW shoes doesn't really say anything about anything IMO. Even LeBron wears Air Maxes, Red Octobers during Finals shoot around etc. You "could" argue that it's still all Nike but fact remains it's not LeBron's line.

Wade is Cheif Brand Officer so as far as being "contractually obligated" or not kinda rests in his hands.

He knows only he can push his line forward with how he presents it, so again I'm pretty sure a 1 off pic in some J's means simply that...that day he felt like wearing J's.
This is what I agree with. I see nothing wrong with the pic. Its a grown man in a shoe... brand loyalty is great and all, but its a little crazy to think someone should be in that attire every time they go out. I do agree that he should of hit them with some sample 3 TNS something or whatever but its really not that big of a deal to me. 

To me the issue is that he left to go to Li-Ning so he could have that freedom. When you are under Nike your soul is bound to them and thats it. That is why Kanye went over to Adidas so he could have freedom to express himself. Wade left to go to Li- Ning because he could never get his own personal line under JB. Can't hate on wanting to basically be your own boss. 

So in total, this photo is a photo...its really not that big of a deal to me. And at the end of the day...I wear the shoe because I like the shoe, I wear the brand because I like the brand and the amount of effort and real materials(eather, nubuck, suede...etc) that are used which are slowly becoming extinct in the shoe world. 

Last edited:
I think I got my TNS 2.0 Low coming. Just waiting on shipping confirmation. If so, I can cross that off my list, and then I just have low priority 2.0's to get - VD, Christmas. Of course, there are a couple super hard to get 2.0's I'd still like, but we'll see.

My All-Star Orange/Yellows should be here today. It's a "loud" week or so for me - Pink AS 2.0, Palmers, LeBron 11 Low Multi and these. Looking like Willy Wonkas's up in here...

Last edited:

I think I got my TNS 2.0 Low coming. Just waiting on shipping confirmation. If so, I can cross that off my list, and then I just have low priority 2.0's to get - VD, Christmas. Of course, there are a couple super hard to get 2.0's I'd still like, but we'll see.

My All-Star Orange/Yellows should be here today. It's a "loud" week or so for me - Pink AS 2.0, Palmers, LeBron 11 Low Multi and these. Looking like Willy Wonkas's up in here...
Received my All Star on Friday. Today I pick up my dangers...they are at the post office awaiting my pickup.

Received my All Star on Friday. Today I pick up my dangers...they are at the post office awaiting my pickup.
Nice.

I like that picture of the AS - looks a little more subdued than a lot of shots, which is good. Just got mine a few minutes ago.

I bid on some Dangers, but halfheartedly, since I didn't "need" them.

Nice.

I like that picture of the AS - looks a little more subdued than a lot of shots, which is good. Just got mine a few minutes ago.

I bid on some Dangers, but halfheartedly, since I didn't "need" them.
I definitely DONT need them given I have Screws but always liked them. So I jumped them from the same guy I got my dynasty from. Given a return offender, price was easy cop price. 

I definitely DONT need them given I have Screws but always liked them. So I jumped them from the same guy I got my dynasty from. Given a return offender, price was easy cop price. 
I think I didn't really pursue them because I have Screws x2, Code Red, and Red Leopards.

But I'd take those Ruby Slippers with a quickness. And Red Stingwades/Venoms.

I think I didn't really pursue them because I have Screws x2, Code Red, and Red Leopards.

But I'd take those Ruby Slippers with a quickness. And Red Stingwades/Venoms.
Oh yea...I have code red as well. Never was a fan of the leopard. 

@AndresonJames, @Dc30, @Bluntobject50 - Thanks for the info on sizing!! Placed an order with sunlight on the 1st for joggers and matching hoddie and it just got delivered. Super fast shipping considering it got from Australia to Phoenix in that short amount of time. I went a size up and everything fits perfect. Thanks again!!

I think the Red Leopards are nicer in person than in pictures.

This!!!

I have been to SoleXchange, and Addicted 2 Sneakers shows the last few weeks, and was able to see a few pairs of the red leopards in hand finally. Bummed I missed out on the SS 40% off sale way back when...they are pretty dope in person. The material and 3M is actually kinda subdued so they have a nice matte look to them so they aren't as over the top as they are in pics.

@AndresonJames, @Dc30, @Bluntobject50 - Thanks for the info on sizing!! Placed an order with sunlight on the 1st for joggers and matching hoddie and it just got delivered. Super fast shipping considering it got from Australia to Phoenix in that short amount of time. I went a size up and everything fits perfect. Thanks again!!

Anytime bro...post some pics and maybe some pics of you wearing the stuff so we can see what it looks like!

Not a problem. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

I can see why Wade wore the 808s. They are so comfortable and the cushion feels bouncy and plush.

The "BHM" or whatever the CW is called, that The Edition Boutique is promoting as an exclusive drop, are available on Peak now.

Not a fan of the CW, despite the GITD sole. Just seems poorly thought out. Could have done so much with that black fractal upper and the sole, and we get lime green and yellow. And if it is a "BHM" CW it's a little late.

Eh.

Not a fan of the CW, despite the GITD sole. Just seems poorly thought out. Could have done so much with that black fractal upper and the sole, and we get lime green and yellow. And if it is a "BHM" CW it's a little late.

Eh.

This...over and over...

Who's the dude who said good stuff is coming just wait? Hope this isn't one of them.

This...over and over...

Who's the dude who said good stuff is coming just wait? Hope this isn't one of them.
There has been a lot of very good stuff on IG lately from a few people.

But, that stuff doesn't seem to be releasing. Those Storm Shadows, Stingwades, Philly Drips and Toe Shreds would all sell if they released, but instead we see this goofy CW. It's like whoever is deciding some CW's just seems out of touch with the market, at least the American market. I guess to someone this is a LeBron Jumpman-esque CW, just, well, not. And I can't see how it has anything to do with BHM. It's like leftover parts from the AS's slapped on a black upper.

SMH.

Hopefully they release a pair of all tumbled leather 3's...something similar to the Warrior 2's. It doesn't have to be the same colorway, but that leather is on point.

The "BHM" joints will be releasing on wayofwade.com Friday and possibly/supposedly SS as well, so if you are copping, don't pay Peak that extra $75.

I didn't see these posted. Rumored release is for the end of the year. "Blackbeard" & "Red Seas"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom