lightening up elephant print?

Not sure if this is the right thread. But does anyone remember back when people were trying to lighten up the dark elephant print from the Fire Red 3's from 06? What was the stuff they were putting on it to lighten it up?

Not sure if this is the right thread. But does anyone remember back when people were trying to lighten up the dark elephant print from the Fire Red 3's from 06? What was the stuff they were putting on it to lighten it up?

I wish to know this also, but to be nce before everyone flames you. This needs to be discussed in the sneaker care/maintenace forum. Also check the restoration thread.

I wish to know this also, but to be nce before everyone flames you. This needs to be discussed in the sneaker care/maintenace forum. Also check the restoration thread.

Acetone or nail polish remover if i remember correctly, i think it was mixed with water sometimes too

Acetone or nail polish remover if i remember correctly, i think it was mixed with water sometimes too

I heard it takes several applications and make sure to do it outside or in a well-ventilated area or you'll end up with a headache.

I heard it takes several applications and make sure to do it outside or in a well-ventilated area or you'll end up with a headache.

I think the dark elephant print looks pretty good with the Fire Red colorway. I would keep them that way, but theyre your shoes. good luck

I think the dark elephant print looks pretty good with the Fire Red colorway. I would keep them that way, but theyre your shoes. good luck

I prefer the dark on the fire reds also, but i did this when i converted some fire reds into katrinas. i used acetone, but even that wasn't enough. had to resort to watered down white paint and then go over the cracks in black for a better result. still nothing like OG fire reds.

I prefer the dark on the fire reds also, but i did this when i converted some fire reds into katrinas. i used acetone, but even that wasn't enough. had to resort to watered down white paint and then go over the cracks in black for a better result. still nothing like OG fire reds.

Back
Top Bottom