Limited Edition Reebok x Swizz Beatz Kamikaze Red/Grey/Light Grey

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

these shoes are so cheaply made

held a pair in my hands

pure trash
I dunno fam, they retail for $99 and they can quite easily be had with 20% off if you look around. And what similarly priced shoes are you comparing them to?

I also don't want to start a flame war as I've got a 'deep' Jordan retro collection too, but I have to point out that the quality of retro JB product in the last few years has not been on par with the ridiculous price increases. 

dude the leather used on these shoes 
makes Jordan's look like there hand crafted in Italy 

held a pair in my hands

pure trash
I dunno fam, they retail for $99 and they can quite easily be had with 20% off if you look around. And what similarly priced shoes are you comparing them to?

I also don't want to start a flame war as I've got a 'deep' Jordan retro collection too, but I have to point out that the quality of retro JB product in the last few years has not been on par with the ridiculous price increases. 

Reebok uses cheap leather for $99
Jordan uses cheap leather for over $99

It all depends on how u choose to spend ur own money.

I have the grey/green pair and the black/white pair, and I have been rocking them all summer.
Cheap leather? Sure
But also durable, no tearing, no problems with stiching , they retain their shape pretty well and they are light weight ( for a bulky sneaker ).

So if u like the design, I would say they are wroth picking up especially with all the coupons floating arond to get them under retail.

I have the grey/green pair and the black/white pair, and I have been rocking them all summer.
Cheap leather? Sure
But also durable, no tearing, no problems with stiching , they retain their shape pretty well and they are light weight ( for a bulky sneaker ).

So if u like the design, I would say they are wroth picking up especially with all the coupons floating arond to get them under retail.

held a pair in my hands

pure trash

Again fam, don't take any offense but the sneaker is constructed with several different materials.The leather on the 'wave pattern' that you're harping about is on par with the leather found on current JB retro product. The rest of the shoe is comprised of mesh, patent leather and nubuck. As I stated before, Reebok is trying to be 'relevant' again and they haven't overpriced these sneakers.

It's OK not to like these, but please don't slag the quality or construction when it's equivalent to similarly priced Nike product.  

held a pair in my hands

pure trash

Again fam, don't take any offense but the sneaker is constructed with several different materials.The leather on the 'wave pattern' that you're harping about is on par with the leather found on current JB retro product. The rest of the shoe is comprised of mesh, patent leather and nubuck. As I stated before, Reebok is trying to be 'relevant' again and they haven't overpriced these sneakers.

It's OK not to like these, but please don't slag the quality or construction when it's equivalent to similarly priced Nike product.  

I have to agree with you on this. You can't compare the quality of a $150+ Jordan retro with the quality on a $100 Reebok. Logically the more expensive shoe should have better materials. Who really knows these days tho..
ohwell.gif

I have to agree with you on this. You can't compare the quality of a $150+ Jordan retro with the quality on a $100 Reebok. Logically the more expensive shoe should have better materials. Who really knows these days tho..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by macgyver35

ohwell.gif

Hey Mac, the retro IIIs and VIIs that dropped this year have been terrible. It's almost crazy how people are gobbling them @ $150 and complaining about quality on a $99 sneaker (which can be had for less)...

Originally Posted by macgyver35

ohwell.gif

Hey Mac, the retro IIIs and VIIs that dropped this year have been terrible. It's almost crazy how people are gobbling them @ $150 and complaining about quality on a $99 sneaker (which can be had for less)...

Found a coupon code for reebok.com CBSTF = 30% off

That will get you the Kamikazes for $69.99 plus tax

Found a coupon code for reebok.com CBSTF = 30% off

That will get you the Kamikazes for $69.99 plus tax

Originally Posted by chrisbone123

Cheap leather? Sure

^ Exactly, i copped 3 diff colorways of the Kamikazes & they are clearly nice shoes.... the only issue i have is the "creasing on the soles" but i THINK i might have a solution for that (going to try it soon)

But for 99.99 or less they are a layup, &  i was checking them side by side vs a few of my jordans & i was like damn these are DOUBLE the kamikazes & you can see the materials on parts of them were alot nicer.

To each his own  , i'm still a huge jordan head but sometimes after one wear they are creased and i'm like these are a waste for 2bills

Cheap leather? Sure

^ Exactly, i copped 3 diff colorways of the Kamikazes & they are clearly nice shoes.... the only issue i have is the "creasing on the soles" but i THINK i might have a solution for that (going to try it soon)

But for 99.99 or less they are a layup, &  i was checking them side by side vs a few of my jordans & i was like damn these are DOUBLE the kamikazes & you can see the materials on parts of them were alot nicer.

To each his own  , i'm still a huge jordan head but sometimes after one wear they are creased and i'm like these are a waste for 2bills

Originally Posted by Type X

Cheap leather? Sure

The midsole does crease, but that's to be expected with 'foam' based midsoles. Besides shoes are meant to be worn and creasing is alot better than the paint chipping/cracking prevailent amongst Nike's 'painted' midsoles.

Originally Posted by Type X

Cheap leather? Sure

The midsole does crease, but that's to be expected with 'foam' based midsoles. Besides shoes are meant to be worn and creasing is alot better than the paint chipping/cracking prevailent amongst Nike's 'painted' midsoles.

^^^
Thanks for the coupon bro.

Anyone with any Reebok contacts know if they're going to continue with their reimagining of older Reebok signatures? We've had 4 Kamikaze GRs drop, a boat load of samples/PEs shown but what about the rest of the 'Classic' series? Blasts, Preachers, etc..

Back
Top Bottom