Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte June 4 | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SW - Luke milk.gif

I binged the whole Star Wars Rebel because of that "background/backstory" recommendation.

It doesn't really apply to enjoying the show or understanding the story besides having pre Episode IV backstory and knowing whom Thrawn, Ahsoka, Fulcrom, Ezra, Sabine, etc are. Would it help if you watch Episodes 1-9, Clone Wars, Rebels, Star Wars Rebel One, Mandalorian Seasons 1-3, Book of Boba Fett, etc? Yes but not greatly besides a geeky in-depth understanding.

But the live-action versions of the characters are muted versions of the cartoon because of less characterization.

Sabine was always impulsive (and designed a weapon to disintegrate Mandalorians). Maybe there's a pay off her balancing Jedi and Mandalorian. Being a Mandalorian, etc.

They should have gotten someone else to portray Thrawn. It's nice to have the voice. But his age and physical composition isn't representative of a four-star general/admiral, especially one who in the show actively engaged in physical combat.

But if you're not enjoying the show, it's more indicative of the show than the previous work.
I think the casting and the current depiction of the characters work though. It's been how many years (10, I think)since Ezra and Thrown disappeared. So seeing Thrawn older and not holding the same stature would be expected IMO. Especially when exiled to another galaxy.

The only thing that didn't 'hit' for me was the moment Sabine and Ezra meet again. Idk, being gone for that long and you just casually act that way towards Sabine? Maybe they'll go into detail with Ezra in the next episode to show that he's holding back something as well? Idk.

As a former military guy, generals are generally on top of maintaining their physical fitness and proficiency. I realize they have an old man playing Thrawn but based on his depiction in the Rebels show, he was doing all those danger room like exercises with robots. I'd imagine he would've been going down and hunting. Thrawn is an a-like personality.

It’s all kinds of whack. But i’ll still watch i’m enjoying it.

Fat old thrawn makes no sense. His books are so good this representation so meh.

Ezra being super casual after bae comes galaxy crossing to find him. Lame.

I think the casting and the current depiction of the characters work though. It's been how many years (10, I think)since Ezra and Thrown disappeared. So seeing Thrawn older and not holding the same stature would be expected IMO. Especially when exiled to another galaxy.

The only thing that didn't 'hit' for me was the moment Sabine and Ezra meet again. Idk, being gone for that long and you just casually act that way towards Sabine? Maybe they'll go into detail with Ezra in the next episode to show that he's holding back something as well? Idk.
yea no tears or long embrace

ezra looked like he was drunk or high must have partied too hard with the ninja turtles the previous night

^^^nah i don’t see it. They never once acted like they had any feelings towards each other. Sabine took to Ezra first but i think that’s cuz they were both about the same age. But they def have sibling vibes.

The main question is how this is all gonna tie back in to the palpatine clone plot. Are the things that are being transported from the catacombs some type of clone vessels? Sprinkled with a bit of night sister magick?

yea no tears or long embrace

ezra looked like he was drunk or high must have partied too hard with the ninja turtles the previous night
I mean he's an older and I assume wiser Jedi. I wouldn't expect that from him personally but lets see what his relationship with the force has become.

Back
Top Bottom