Living in 2009 APPRECIATION Vol. My grandpas life must have sucked

This thread is pretty self explanatory. Think about where were are right now technologically. Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was theyear 1809. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?

Not only do we have everything they had back then in a more efficient way, we have tons of !+#% that make everything easier.

-cell phones
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(makes getting girls way easier)
-the internet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-cars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-laptops
-videogames

It's crazy to think what the world will be like when we're old considering how crazy things are now compared to what they were even 50 years ago.Technological growth is exponential so even as good as things are now, theyll get even better, faster.

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for someother thread.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by HKM206

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.
indifferent.gif

omfg_abe_simpson_in_and_out.gif

appreciated nonetheless when it comes to technology

T On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.
indifferent.gif

this is true but inevitable...as technology advances, our lives become easier..but it's what we want.. right?

Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?
Slaves? 1909? I think you need to pick up that book.

This thread is pretty self explanatory. Think about where were are right now technologically. Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?

Not only do we have everything they had back then in a more efficient way, we have tons of +%$+ that make everything easier.

-cell phones
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(makes getting girls way easier)
-the internet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-cars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-laptops
-videogames

It's crazy to think what the world will be like when we're old considering how crazy things are now compared to what they were even 50 years ago. Technological growth is exponential so even as good as things are now, theyll get even better, faster.

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.
indifferent.gif

Yes, let us pick and choose what we like and appreciate it
eyes.gif

'94-99 > _____

sometimes I wish I was alive during the 70s so I could of beasted over Pam Grier, pushed a fleetwood, and jammed some Curtis Mayfield or Wille Hutch
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my gramps got my grandma pregnant 11 years out of 12.

so i guess i know what i'd be doing back then..

Alright so maybe i was 50 or so years off with the slavery, but the point was for emphasis. 100 years ago our lives would be drastically diffferent than whatthey are like now and I'm pretty happy I live now instead of back then.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

roll.gif

Originally Posted by General Johnson

100 years ago our lives would be drastically diffferent than what
they are like now

You don't say...

Nothing gets past this one.

indifferent.gif
I applaud you for taking that quote out of context. You trying to gain some e-fame or something?

they are like now

You don't say...

indifferent.gif
I applaud you for taking that quote out of context. You trying to gain some e-fame or something?
roll.gif

Yeah. Am I famous yet?

Originally Posted by hellaones

sometimes I wish I was alive during the 70s so I could of beasted over Pam Grier, pushed a fleetwood, and jammed some Curtis Mayfield or Wille Hutch
pimp.gif

Applaud this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
quote of the year....

they are like now

You don't say...

indifferent.gif

nah, you just dumb and stating the obvious.

they are like now

You don't say...

indifferent.gif

nah, you just dumb and stating the obvious.

got em!

technology is appreciated

its scary to think how much more advanced society will get........IF humans survive the test of time

Originally Posted by hellaones

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom