|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

because his own team (the people who know both their coaching abilities the best) chose luke to replace kerr for half the season over jarron 
All Luke did was run Kerr plays that ish don't take much ability...
everyone in the NBA runs basically the same sets and plays

a good coach knows when to call what plays and how to manage rotations

luke did both very well 

everyone in the NBA runs basically the same sets and plays

a good coach knows when to call what plays and how to manage rotations

luke did both very well 
Got a point bro....Idk man just don't to hire somebody jus to fire them in 2 years 

This will be 4 coaches since 2012 
mean.gif

As much crap as we give Screamin' A... and it's well deserved... I'm with what I just heard from him.

He said we need to head to GSW, and speak to a man by the name of... and obviously, I was totally expecting 'by the name of Luke Walton', and I was already pre-eyeroll... but nah, he said we need to speak to a man by the name of...

Jerry West.

His son is already with us, and he was talking about somehow getting Jerry back.

I've said before, the whole Kobe/Shaq thing... the rape case... 'basketball reasons'... Nash's injuries... Dwight's softness... Phil's departure (again)... $48.5 mil... NONE of that destroyed us more than The Logo leaving us for the Grizz back 2002. He traded for Kobe, signed Shaq as a FA from Orlando, and landed Phil. How'd all that turn out?

It's no coincidence that GSW is flourishing while he has taken office there.

By all accounts he created an environment of paranoia.
Also, they immediately went to the finals following his departure.

I think he's an okay coach, but would prefer they look elsewhere.

Mark Jackson? You're kidding right?
I know it's status quo to joke about him being terrible and being sad watching his former team contend for ANOTHER championship... but he's a decent coach.

His religiosity is his biggest flaw, not his Xs and Os.

Coming off of Byron Scott, MJax would look like Phil. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Players loved him and were upset he was let go, he put that battery in Curry and Klay back to make them feel like they was the future...

He drafted Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes 

He wasn't fired for his coaching ability he just had management shook

Players loved him and were upset he was let go, he put that battery in Curry and Klay back to make them feel like they was the future...
He drafted Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes 
He wasn't fired for his coaching ability he just had management shook

I think Jerry west and the GM probably did most of the scouting and drafting.

Also, the last thing I want is the the FO being out of the loop of the new coach's regime, they need to work hand in hand and have constant communication with everything.

I agree with you he isn't a bad coach per say, but the Lakers can and hopefully will hire someone who can manage the kids and not create an environment of paranoia

I think Jerry west and the GM probably did most of the scouting and drafting.

Also, the last thing I want is the the FO being out of the loop of the new coach's regime, they need to work hand in hand and have constant communication with everything.

I agree with you he isn't a bad coach per say, but the Lakers can and hopefully will hire someone who can manage the kids and not create an environment of paranoia
Jackson has shown he can coach/manage young talent they loved playing for Jack

Who is yo lead choice?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm saying its mute because he creates the environment of paranoia.

My wish list is:
-Luke
-Luke
-Luke
-Ollie
-Messina
-JVG

Solid list so far from what I've seen from across different reporters

Luke Walton
Ettore Messina
Jeff Van Gundy
David Blatt
Mark Jackson
Kevin Ollie
Jay Wright
John Callipari (intrigued by him is the report)

That's really not a bad list by any means. A couple of "Ehhh let me think about that." But no Kurt Rambis', Byron Scott's, Brian Shaw's, or Mike Dunleavy Sr.

Last edited:
'intrigued by him' meaning 'There is Laker in intrigue in him' or 'He is intrigued'?

It better not be the second.

'intrigued by him' meaning 'There is Laker in intrigue in him' or 'He is intrigued'?

It better not be the second.

Lakers are. From the way it was written.

@Mike_Bresnahan 1h1 hour ago
Lakers will also talk to some college coaches. Calipari is "intriguing," but Lakers not entirely certain on him, I've been told.

Last edited:
He is a deity in Lexington, KY.

Nothing is sure, and obviously he'll leave someday, somehow... but our existence right now, I just couldn't see it happening. No way.

He is a deity in Lexington, KY.

Nothing is sure, and obviously he'll leave someday, somehow... but our existence right now, I just couldn't see it happening. No way.

Yeah he shouldn't leave Kentucky. He has it made there.

But if any coach attracts Free Agents, it will be Cal. Players know Cal is about his players over everything. That will get a lot of people from Superstars, to rotation guys listening.

But again, he should stay in Kentucky where he has it 100x better.

Glad Byron is gone.

Now the key thing for the Lakers hiring they're next coach is to hire a coach who is hands on and can guide young players.

It's got to be Luke, Jeff Van Gundy, Kevin Ollie, Mike Krzyzewski, or maybe even Mark Jackson.

John Calipari isn't coming to coach here.

He's going to want $8 to $10 million per year for 5 years guaranteed and he's going to want have control over player personel decisions.

Something Jim Buss & Mitch said no to and why Thibs isn't here and the main reason why Phil Jackson isn't here anymore.

Last edited:
Kupchak and team Vice President Jim Buss made the decision jointly, according to a person who was familiar with the situation. Team President Jeanie Buss “absolutely” did not take part in the process, continuing to allow her brother, Jim, and Kupchak to preside unencumbered over the team's basketball operations.

Scott was informed of the decision after the Lakers' minor-league affiliate, the Los Angeles D-Fenders, lost a playoff game Sunday night at the Lakers' training facility in El Segundo. Scott had been called in for a meeting ahead of time and was told at the facility he would not be retained.

Source:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-ln-lakers-coach-byron-scott-fired-20160424-story.html

No thank you to Cal or K.

Let's also hope they don't call DFish. :smh:

I won't flip if it's Mark Jackson, but I prefer we avoid him.

Also no to JVG. Been out the game too long.

Luke, Ollie, Messina, Monty, Blatt are the 5 I'd focus on. Jay Wright isn't a bad dark horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom