|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Dukie is probably killing Mitch. Looking forward to his subtle dig towards Duke at Deng's presser.

Deng $16.83mil salary is worth $12.53mil last season.. Seems high right now, not too bad if you put it in last year's numbers

c2e75cb5-8295-44bc-8349-f2f4e139ce1a_text.gif

@garykester 4m4 minutes ago
Bresnahan reported that the Lakers envision Ingram being the starter right away.

At least we're showing everyone were not just stuck in our Laker ways anymore.
This should be a good look for other free agents looking at us in the future.

We're willing to spend now and not just on home runs.

I just wish Moz and Deng weren't the examples we used but meh :lol:
One step at a time.

deng has been healthy the past two years playing 74 and 72 games. 

he played a lot of pf too. 

thats a lot of money considering we couldve added a younger with experience for probably half the cost. 

i dont hate it the deal. maybe its another 3 with a TO on the 4th too

i posted we we needed another 4 ( meaning a veteran type of back up)

and this sort of gives us that, solid player to play if and when luke decides to play small ball. 

Last edited:
I love Deng and I love the signing.

Mentor the youngins, unselfish, effort every single night, can play small ball 4

the money is irrelevant to me at this point.

One more vet and the departure of NY and LouWill will be a solid B- offseason.

After the smoke has settled, it's fair to look at it this way:

long-term deals for declining players is not good. But Moz and Deng were plugged in at positions of need and still offer solid production (at least in Deng's case). Three year deals for both of them would have been ideal, but when you're as bad as we are you have to expect to overpay in either money or years.

No longer upset with how FA went.

the young core and their development is what we should look at the end of the year. 

deng and moz wont get in the way of that, maybe for randles if he doesnt improve his shot

whos gonna be the captain  of the team? 

clarkson, russell, deng? 

Last edited:
After the smoke has settled, it's fair to look at it this way:

long-term deals for declining players is not good. But Moz and Deng were plugged in at positions of need and still offer solid production (at least in Deng's case). Three year deals for both of them would have been ideal, but when you're as bad as we are you have to expect to overpay in either money or years.

No longer upset with how FA went.

REPPED for rationally thinking it through

I agree

Last edited:
Richard Jefferson really did make these 30+ versatile vet wings some money. Luol should thank him personally :lol:

I'm thinking this 4th years are gonna be player options...

I think they would want one more bite of the apple before they are gone.

What I like about Deng is that if Luke decides to go small ball, which I think he will do a lot this season, Deng can play that stretch 4 which he did a lot with the Heat after Bosh went down. If we play small ball, we can have Black or Nance at the 5, and Deng at the 4. It will give D'Lo some options to pass around the perimeter. This signing can potentially open things up on offense.

Last edited:
I like luol deng signing and if Timo's knees arent shot then that could be a good signing as well

The length of the contracts are kind of absurd and they are kind of an overpay but 1) You pay for what the market is 2) The lakers who are already missing on free agents, have to OD a tiny bit to get players to come and 3) you hope that over the length of these contracts the young guys continue to develop and add wins on to the team

Which is what ultimately I think theyre trying to do which is good. Gotta start winning and you arent winning with just young guys. Damn the draft lal has enough young players. Time to start trying to win games and show improvement with the youmgsters and if all goes well, these moves do that.

We suddenly have a very versatile roster
I like it

Now I want to see how we spend our remaining cap space

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom