|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm confused, after whiffing again on big time free agents instead of preserving what cap space we did have for next summer we sign 2 guys one still decent in Deng and another crap shoot in Mosgov to 3 year deals at minimum? Why? Cause if we're going to suck I'd rather suck all the way and add another young piece via the 2017 draft or FA (Biyombo) to the core and just let them grow together. This just seems like a half assed effort in the middle.

I think its clear that sucking repels even halfway decent FA and isn't great for development. We have enough young pieces to where we can put our foot down and say its time to try to get better for them. That's what the dubs did when they got Iguodala. I see where you're coming from, but our pick next year again isn't guaranteed and I think we've gone to that well too many times. 

You realize no one will come here until we're at least decent, right?

And that the way to get decent is to support our young guys, right?

And that to support them means equipping them with teammates to build off of, right?

One more bench piece oughta do it. I'm guessing this takes us out the running for harkless.

Tanking was completely out of the question. I like the way the roster is setup given that Deng still has some game left and moz can get over his injury. Gives the young guys room to grow and if they make real strides which I think they will then this team can make some noise. This is the type of offseason I expected before going into last season but somewhere along the line I tricked myself into thinking we'd actually have a shot at guys like Whiteside etc. We dodged hella bullets and didn't hamper the development of our core, this is a good situation for a rebuilding team.

is dengs 4th yr a team option like mozgawd or is it a full 4yr contract :nerd:

mamba taking ltb's title 

wink.gif

Orlando signed biyombo
Maybe we think Tarik can be biyombo if given minutes

Last edited:
We should throw the rest of our money at a decent player for 1 year. Courtney Lee is fielding offers for 4/40, or someone like that.

Last edited:
Mozzy
Julius
B.I....G
DLo
Clarkson

Bench
Lou
Deng
Nance
Tarik
AB
Marcelo

And.... Zachary Auguste :pimp:

Deng is going to do wonders for AB and Ingram. I also think DLo takes over the 2. He wants it, he believes he can fill those Kobes. I'd run all 4 of the top picks (clarkson included) together to start games cause that's what we building around. Bring Lou and Deng in as stabilizers for our bench and key stretches during games kinda how they used Livingston and Iggy in State.

Zubiac I think goes to the D-League or back overseas for a while. Zach is 25 and all hustle. I think his game is more suited to play now while Zubiac develops

And idk what Orlando is doing... Don't they have Vucevic???? The guy avg like 20 and 8 :smh:... The hell they trading and signing to bigs to come off the bench for??? (Aaron Gordon at the 4)

Last edited:
I was assuming to let the kids flourish we'd let them take the ball and run with it, adding only backup/complementary pieces to fill needs

I'm guessing the names/money/years are throwing me off but is it safe to assume Deng and Mozgov will be used as complementary pieces to the kids?

Looking at Affalo's deal 2 yrs 25 million, what would have been so bad about doing that for both of these deals we have? Deng's number if fine, but we still overpaid for Mosgov.

Because Deng has higher value than Afflalo, even though he's older.

Comparing Biyombo's contract to Mozgov's is a discussion.

Biyombo is 23 and healthy and got 70...

Mozgov is 30, bad knees and got 64 million.

Lakers got Mozgovs deal done 10 mins into free agency.....
Biyombo was had on day 3.

Sigh.....

Don't think the Lakers could've played Biyombo and Randle together on offense, but defensively makes more sense.

Biyombo is 23 and healthy and got 70...

Mozgov is 30, bad knees and got 64 million.

Lakers got Mozgovs deal done 10 mins into free agency.....
Biyombo was had on day 3.

Sigh.....

All valid points

But Moztard is a better basketball player. More polished offensively and more skilled, and a bigger body. So IFFFF healthy, won't be a bad signing given this market

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom