LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Masoli ain't going to be a backup
roll.gif

I def. see him starting the season, regardless of what Stanleys backers think. Masoli is to talented, but i wouldn't be surprised if dude got into trouble again.

Any update on Dee Hart? Last time i checked he was 70% Michigan & 30% Bama

Originally Posted by tmay407

Dan Beebe is backing off of his "$20 million in revenue for TAMU, UT, and OU" claims that he made earlier.
You mean that money wasn't real...?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

God damn idiots. Every one of these ADs that decided they'd tuck their tails and follow Texas right back into this sham...

Texas A&M better stick to their god damn guns this time around. Blow this stupid conference up and let everybody go make their money.

http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=162871a...4517089397703/R=0/X=2/SIG=1624u1kef/*<a href=/tr.adinterax.com/re/cox,ZooAtl_Parenting_728Exp_5-128561D,C=ajc_zoo_atlanta,P=news_atlanta_ajc,A=zoo_atlanta,L=atlanta/0/0/tc,c:noscript/http://clk.atdmt.com/TGA/go/239788238/direct/01/">http://tr.adinterax.com/r.../go/239788238/direct/01/">
5-128561d_728x90_zooatl.gif
b
Why you should pull for Mark Herzlich
8:01 am July 27, 2010, by Tony Barnhart

Greensboro, N.C.—Preseason meetings are supposed to be about games. It’s supposed to be about whose team is going to be best, who’s going to start at quarterback, and all of those fun things that we like to talk about as we kick off the official start of college football.

But every now and then we have to be reminded that behind the uniform and the statistics and the TV coverage and the billions of dollars that are generated from college football, there are human beings playing this sport.

You meet a kid like Mark Herzlich of Boston College. You get a chance to sit with him in a golf cart for four hours and between shots, you get to hear his story.

And it’s a helluva story.

A certain clarity comes to life when you only have one goal. And this time last year Mark Herzlich was thinking about one thing and one thing only.

“I wanted to live,

[h1]N.C.A.A. Sanctions Will Take a Toll on the Trojans[/h1][h6]By PETE THAMEL[/h6][h6]Published: July 28, 2010[/h6]
At the W hotel on Lexington Avenue in Midtown Manhattan on Tuesday night, the Pac-10 unveiled its new logo, philosophy and direction. Years of apathy about marketing disappeared in a literal cloud of smoke: at a cocktail reception, the Pac-10’s new logo was projected on a wall of smoke piped into the Whiskey Blue lounge.

http:///www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/29/sports/y-usc-1.html">http://www.nytimes.com/im...7/29/sp...=600,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes')">Enlarge This Image
http:///www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/29/sports/y-usc-1.html">http://www.nytimes.com/im...7/29/sp...=600,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes')">
y-usc-1-articleInline.jpg

[h6]Stephen Dunn/Getty Images[/h6]
N.C.A.A. sanctions will be a hardship for Coach Lane Kiffin.

[h3]Related[/h3]
http:///www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/29/sports/y-usc-2.html">http://www.nytimes.com/im...7/29/sp...=600,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes')">Enlarge This Image
http:///www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/29/sports/y-usc-2.html">http://www.nytimes.com/im...7/29/sp...=600,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes')">
y-usc-2-articleInline.jpg

[h6]Damian Dovarganes/Associated Press[/h6]
Reggie Bush’s jersey at Heritage Hall is expected to be removed.

Well-known guests mingled, with the name tags ranging from Chase Carey, News Corporation’s chief operating officer, to ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit. But amid the optimism, uncertainty hung in the air.

All the revamped branding cannot change the league’s new on-field reality — it will have to thrive this season and beyond with a watered-down version of its flagship program, sanction-riddled Southern California.

The new U.S.C. football media guide perhaps summed that up best, showing a picture of Lane Kiffin, the Trojans’ first-year coach, staring at a cloudy horizon. On the inside, a flurry of asterisks — about 100 over all — tried to erase many of the accomplishments of the Pete Carroll era.

As the Pac-10 tries a bold makeover, U.S.C. is lurching into a meek new era. Seemingly doomed to a long period of mediocrity in the wake of a two-year bowl ban, the loss of 30 scholarships and a flurry of attrition from the ranks of its recruits, the once-mighty Trojans are contemplating life as one of college football’s have-nots.

“They have an us-versus-the-world mentality right now,

Originally Posted by RoOk

Masoli ain't going to be a backup
roll.gif

I def. see him starting the season, regardless of what Stanleys backers think.
Yep. Might take a game or two, just so he can figure out the system and get a rhythm with the offense, but he'll be out there doing his thing. The only worries I have for him, is that the SEC defenses are much bigger and slightly faster than the Pac10's. So he wont be able to just bowl over people like Tebow had been trained to do.
And that with how much of a party school Ole Miss is, he might get caught doing some %!@% he's not supposed to and end up in the papers again.

Tony Steward

Menendez

Position: Linebacker.

Size: 6-1, 220 pounds.

Accolades: Nation’s No. 2 overall recruit in the country (No. 1 in the state) and a five-star prospect, according to Rivals.com.

Notable offers: Florida State, Clemson, Florida, Alabama and Miami.

In his words: I’m in Tallahassee on an unofficialvisit to Florida State right now [Wednesday night]. I can tell you FSUis back on top with Clemson. Before I thought I could sign with Clemsonif signing day was tomorrow, but now I don’t have that decisiveness.

I’ll be here until Friday morning, and I’m looking forward toestablishing a better relationship with the coaches and hanging outwith the players.

I’ll probably wait until close to signing day to make a final decision. 

I want to be 100 percent about my choice.

FSU and Clemson have separated themselves a bit from the other schools on my list.

I didn’t end up going to Florida’s Friday Night Lights. I went lastyear and figured it would be the same deal, so I stayed back and spentsome time with my family.

smokin.gif

Every big school is a party school.

He'll be starting soon enough, but I'm glad we get to see him play again.

Odd that it was Ole Miss, WVU & K State on his list...3 schools that are fairly notorious for their lenient standards of admission.

Those confederates have some cute little southern belles all over the place.

Michigan got a commit from LB Kellen Jones out of Texas. Should be a wait and see game for the rest of the commits.

schadjoe
Following
Lists

At ACC Media Days Clemson safety DeAndre McDaniel
less than a minute ago via txt
Reply Retweet

Clemson players were asked a few questions about items seen on their Facebook pages
1 minute ago via txt

NCAA, as first reported by Rivals, did visit w a few Clemson FB players recently.

Glen Stanley (Juco, former UCF ---> Tennessee ---> USC commit) to FSU

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hopefully this is the start of some good news over the next couple weeks.
pimp.gif

Never again, Boise State.

I've always taken up your cause when power-conference teams have ducked you Smurf-Turf titans. Not anymore. Not since you began acting just like the snobs who have looked down their facemasks at the Broncos for years. Thanks to this Idaho flap, you've forfeited your right to ever complain about any program that -- due to fear, multinational conspiracy or a plain old lack of respect -- declines to schedule you.

You joined the Mountain West, Broncos, not the Skull and Bones. You're not too good to play Idaho, the in-state rival you've faced every year since 1971. You're certainly not too good to face the Vandals in Moscow (unofficial motto: It could be worse. You could be in Pullman.)

What would you hook-and-lateral lovers say if the chancellor of Nebraska or some other power-conference school said he wouldn't send his team and fans to Boise because he had an aversion to potential losses, tiny stadiums, miniscule television markets and comically colored playing surfaces? Oh, wait. That's what most of the power-conference schools do say. And you go crazy. You cry foul. You hold it up as another case of the man keeping the little guy down.

So how do you think Vandals fans felt this week when your president, Robert Kustra, described an away game in Moscow to the editorial board of the Idaho Statesman this week? "It's a culture that is nasty, inebriated and civilly doesn't give our fans the respect that any fan should expect when visiting an away team," Kustra said, according to the paper.

(I'll pause here to allow you to consider whether Kustra prefers to watch his games with a glass of chardonnay and a block of gruyere or a bottle of pinot noir and a wheel of brie.)

You Broncos claim to want to play big-time opponents. Then use the Vandals to practice for the inebriated, less-than-civil fans you'll see at better stadiums across the country. Heck, Kustra described 11 of the 12 fan bases in the SEC. In fact, most SEC players don't consider their careers complete unless their bus nearly gets overturned in Baton Rouge or someone flings bodily fluid at their coach's wife in Gainesville.

If you don't want to deal with drunk fans, then you'll have to schedule BYU 12 times a year. Unfortunately, Mountain West bylaws only allow you to play the Cougars once every regular season. So that's not an option.

Kustra explained his attack by pointing to a column that ran in The Argonaut, Idaho's student paper, titled, "Why do we hate?" Though the column was relatively tame, Kustra said it further reinforced his belief that Vandals fans have no respect for Broncos fans. He also said he couldn't tolerate the denigration of his school's academic programs by those ivory-tower elitists at the Harvard of the Palouse.

Thank goodness Kustra isn't president at Florida State. He'd probably try to cancel the Florida game. Or at Clemson, where he'd probably try to cancel the South Carolina series.

In fairness, Kustra did spend most of his career in Illinois politics and has never served at a university in a big-time football conference. So it's no surprise that he fails to understand that part of the joy of a rivalry is poking fun at the academic reputation of a rival. Clearly, he's never heard this old joke:

Q: Why do people go to [insert agricultural or similarly secondary state institution]?

A: Because they couldn't get into [insert flagship university].

Or maybe Kustra's protests are a smokescreen for the real reason you Broncos don't want to play the Vandals. Elsewhere in his comments to the Statesman board, Kustra gave another reason why he backed Boise State coach Chris Petersen's decision to discontinue the series. This one sounded a lot less whiny and a lot more like the ones we've heard from the schools that routinely flee from potential games against the Broncos.

"I guess [Idaho] coach [Robb] Akey would argue that if he upsets Boise State, then that's a really big deal, but why is that to Boise State's advantage?" Kustra told the Statesman.

It may only be coincidence, but these comments came after Akey led the Vandals to their best season since 1998. Boise State fans should remember 1998. It's the last season the Vandals beat the Broncos, and it capped a period in which Idaho went 15-2 against Boise State. Are the Broncos afraid Akey is building a competitive program in Moscow? Judging by last season's 63-25 margin, that's unlikely, so what's the harm in keeping an in-state rivalry alive?

Could it be that you Broncos, who now have one of the nation's best programs, have turned into the same kind of snobs you used to despise? It's quite a bit different when the cleat is on the other foot, isn't it?

So enjoy the hard-won spoils of your program's rise, Boise State. Go ahead and cancel the Idaho series after this season if you feel it suits your needs. But if you do, don't start whining when teams from richer conferences refuse to schedule you. We don't want to hear it.

You Broncos aren't scrappy underdogs anymore. You're now the man.

And you're trying to keep the little guy down.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Never again, Boise State.

I've always taken up your cause when power-conference teams have ducked you Smurf-Turf titans. Not anymore. Not since you began acting just like the snobs who have looked down their facemasks at the Broncos for years. Thanks to this Idaho flap, you've forfeited your right to ever complain about any program that -- due to fear, multinational conspiracy or a plain old lack of respect -- declines to schedule you.

You joined the Mountain West, Broncos, not the Skull and Bones. You're not too good to play Idaho, the in-state rival you've faced every year since 1971. You're certainly not too good to face the Vandals in Moscow (unofficial motto: It could be worse. You could be in Pullman.)

What would you hook-and-lateral lovers say if the chancellor of Nebraska or some other power-conference school said he wouldn't send his team and fans to Boise because he had an aversion to potential losses, tiny stadiums, miniscule television markets and comically colored playing surfaces? Oh, wait. That's what most of the power-conference schools do say. And you go crazy. You cry foul. You hold it up as another case of the man keeping the little guy down.

So how do you think Vandals fans felt this week when your president, Robert Kustra, described an away game in Moscow to the editorial board of the Idaho Statesman this week? "It's a culture that is nasty, inebriated and civilly doesn't give our fans the respect that any fan should expect when visiting an away team," Kustra said, according to the paper.

(I'll pause here to allow you to consider whether Kustra prefers to watch his games with a glass of chardonnay and a block of gruyere or a bottle of pinot noir and a wheel of brie.)

You Broncos claim to want to play big-time opponents. Then use the Vandals to practice for the inebriated, less-than-civil fans you'll see at better stadiums across the country. Heck, Kustra described 11 of the 12 fan bases in the SEC. In fact, most SEC players don't consider their careers complete unless their bus nearly gets overturned in Baton Rouge or someone flings bodily fluid at their coach's wife in Gainesville.

If you don't want to deal with drunk fans, then you'll have to schedule BYU 12 times a year. Unfortunately, Mountain West bylaws only allow you to play the Cougars once every regular season. So that's not an option.

Kustra explained his attack by pointing to a column that ran in The Argonaut, Idaho's student paper, titled, "Why do we hate?" Though the column was relatively tame, Kustra said it further reinforced his belief that Vandals fans have no respect for Broncos fans. He also said he couldn't tolerate the denigration of his school's academic programs by those ivory-tower elitists at the Harvard of the Palouse.

Thank goodness Kustra isn't president at Florida State. He'd probably try to cancel the Florida game. Or at Clemson, where he'd probably try to cancel the South Carolina series.

In fairness, Kustra did spend most of his career in Illinois politics and has never served at a university in a big-time football conference. So it's no surprise that he fails to understand that part of the joy of a rivalry is poking fun at the academic reputation of a rival. Clearly, he's never heard this old joke:

Q: Why do people go to [insert agricultural or similarly secondary state institution]?

A: Because they couldn't get into [insert flagship university].

Or maybe Kustra's protests are a smokescreen for the real reason you Broncos don't want to play the Vandals. Elsewhere in his comments to the Statesman board, Kustra gave another reason why he backed Boise State coach Chris Petersen's decision to discontinue the series. This one sounded a lot less whiny and a lot more like the ones we've heard from the schools that routinely flee from potential games against the Broncos.

"I guess [Idaho] coach [Robb] Akey would argue that if he upsets Boise State, then that's a really big deal, but why is that to Boise State's advantage?" Kustra told the Statesman.

It may only be coincidence, but these comments came after Akey led the Vandals to their best season since 1998. Boise State fans should remember 1998. It's the last season the Vandals beat the Broncos, and it capped a period in which Idaho went 15-2 against Boise State. Are the Broncos afraid Akey is building a competitive program in Moscow? Judging by last season's 63-25 margin, that's unlikely, so what's the harm in keeping an in-state rivalry alive?

Could it be that you Broncos, who now have one of the nation's best programs, have turned into the same kind of snobs you used to despise? It's quite a bit different when the cleat is on the other foot, isn't it?

So enjoy the hard-won spoils of your program's rise, Boise State. Go ahead and cancel the Idaho series after this season if you feel it suits your needs. But if you do, don't start whining when teams from richer conferences refuse to schedule you. We don't want to hear it.

You Broncos aren't scrappy underdogs anymore. You're now the man.

And you're trying to keep the little guy down.

Yeah...he's mad.

Back
Top Bottom