**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think all QBs should necessarily be compared to each other thou.. yes they're are playing the same position.. but the bar is obviously extremely low for certain guys, so why should they auto get slotted over certain dudes

Like the jags, for example should have started looking at their options elsewhere.. can't be mad at the vikes for going after cousins with the pieces in place

Like I don't necessarily think the Browns problem was looking outside the box and bringing ideas from other sports into football, it was how they went about that process and whoever was evaluating talent for them

RBs to WRs is a better comparison.

I do think that respectively speaking Leveon is an Odell or AB. The difference is that you can get Leveon production outta 2 or 3 guys. That’s not happening with WRs unless you’ve got a beast playcaller and good to great QB.

Plus a WRs yard per touch is much higher.

I wouldn't just compare any RB thou.. like I'd be more inclined to say that regarding certain RBs, real duel threats like leveon, gurley or even kamara

Zeke being a hard one since he's hamstrung by the offense and what he's asked to do

I guess to me ultimately I look at the variety of things that could be done in an offense once certain guys are there.. a simple motion could throw everything on defense in whack

Or a guy like Donald on defense who you can line up all along the line and could even play some OLB.. so you use that but you also bring in talent for support so if teams double or triple or decide to chip with the RB or TE, there are consequences

If your QB is a Brady or Rodgers type then def, the RB isn’t as meaningful to the team. But with a game changing/offense carrying QB like David Johnson they’re absolutely as crucial to the offense.

Someone like David Johnson doesn’t allow you to come rushing at the QB every time because then you’re getting killed in the run game. It forces the defense to put more focus on the runner which alleviates some of the pressure on the QB which will prevent a mediocre QB from getting forced into a ton of turnovers

Last edited:
If your QB is a Brady or Rodgers type then def, the RB isn’t as meaningful to the team. But with a game changing/offense carrying QB like David Johnson they’re absolutely as crucial to the offense.

In this case, won't Bell be more valuable to the Steelers with Ben essentially gone in another season or two? Hypothetically of course. He's the boy who cried retirement.

In this case, won't Bell be more valuable to the Steelers with Ben essentially gone in another season or two? Hypothetically of course. He's the boy who cried retirement.
Which is why the contract offer was BS. They back loaded the deal it so in 2 years when Ben retires, they can cut Bell and start fresh. They where going to run him into the ground, to maximize the small window they have left.

With all this “analytics” they should use it to properly compensate certain players. No way Bradford or Keenum deserve that kind of money. Stop this position wage scale

I’m a Steeler fan and was saddened by them not making a real effort it seems to lock him up... yea the money was ok but it was 2 year deal and you walk out if he declines... RB is tough to gauge the real value...

Building your squad around a rb makes no sense unless you have an outstanding defense. Each position is payed differently, we all know that, so stop comparing them.

NFL union needs to do something that makes rookie rbs paid more because they getting used and abused and when it's time to get paid they getting dropped because that's the game.

Building your squad around a rb makes no sense unless you have an outstanding defense. Each position is payed differently, we all know that, so stop comparing them.

NFL union needs to do something that makes rookie rbs paid more because they getting used and abused and when it's time to get paid they getting dropped because that's the game.

i think it depends on the RB.. like marshall faulk you can build around.. i think the rams system is more based around gurley than it is goff

cowboys is that line and zeke, although i think the redheaded stepchild is going wayyyyy too much jamal lewis (and others) and not being smart about the offense

that ingram/kamara tandem was huge for the saints and now that they know what they got in kamara could be even scarier

but i think it's more so having a coach that is smart enough to realize what he has and play to the team's strengths.. like the panthers with cam, CMC and curtis samuel

you nailed it :pimp:

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom