LOCK!!! NEW THREAD IS OPEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't remember that we hold the all time losses in a row record too - 26 in 10/11.

Been a bad few years.

I guess they still believe they can sneak into the playoff even now. It is theoretically possible, but highly unlikely, as Cavs are 5 and half games out of 8th spot and there's less than 20 games left in the season. Too late to tank, too late to win. Lose-Lose situation. Goddamn man.

5.5 back. 11 games left.

They can't be that stupid.. can they?

playoffs :rofl:

get the hell outta here.. we don't deserve a damn thing the way they played.

Wish I was kidding. Or the W against NY goes to show how much NYK sucks as well... haha

Even if Cavs were to lose every remaining game, there is only a slim chance for a top 5 pick, which they don't even deserve to get after all the recent draft shortcomings.

Why couldn't they be a little more patient? Why didn't they realize that waiting one more year for another high lottery pick this year would have catapulted them into a legit team next season?

Come to think of it, I think getting NO. 1 pick in the last draft was a curse disguised as blessing. Everybody thought getting another No. 1 pick immediately meant playoff-bound. I swear, getting No. 1 in 2 years that experts labeled as weak is good and bad luck simultaneously in a weird way. Imagine if Cavs got No. 1 pick in 2010 and 2012, or 2012 and 2014... That would have been crazy, although with how they draft, you never know what they would have done.

The thing that irks me and everyone else is that this was supposed to be the year we took the next step.

We knew once Bron left that we would need to rebuild from the ground up and that patience was required.

Year 1 was a struggle and we all knew that would happen.

Year 2 we draft Kyrie and TT and all of a sudden new hope is given. We won some games (21-45), still struggled, but we at least had a piece and a star in the making.

Year 3 we draft Dion (to this is day is still highly questionable) and we grabbed Zeller. Only won 24 games and it's kinda like they didn't progress at all. That was when people, like myself, started to question whether or not Chris Grant knew what the **** he was doing.

Year 4 we get the #1 pick, and I think you all know what happened after.

So it's like this team hasn't improved and/or gotten better in the 4 years Post LeBron.

I have no clue what pick we'll get, or what they'll do in FA, but I'm telling ya man something needs to happen...fast... or the fans will be gone.

Gilbert needs to sack up and fire Brown. that's the first move he needs to make.

Then he needs to find another GM who actually knows how to draft and put a team together

then honestly get on his knees and pray that #6 comes back. and if not get a FA that can play with Kyrie because Kyrie will leave the first chance he gets if they don't improve drastically next year.

Last edited:
The thing that irks me and everyone else is that this was supposed to be the year we took the next step.

We knew once Bron left that we would need to rebuild from the ground up and that patience was required.

Year 1 was a struggle and we all knew that would happen.

Year 2 we draft Kyrie and TT and all of a sudden new hope is given. We won some games (21-45), still struggled, but we at least had a piece and a star in the making.

Year 3 we draft Dion (to this is day is still highly questionable) and we grabbed Zeller. Only won 24 games and it's kinda like they didn't progress at all. That was when people, like myself, started to question whether or not Chris Grant knew what the **** he was doing.

Year 4 we get the #1 pick, and I think you all know what happened after.

So it's like this team hasn't improved and/or gotten better in the 4 years Post LeBron.

I have no clue what pick we'll get, or what they'll do in FA, but I'm telling ya man something needs to happen...fast... or the fans will be gone.

Gilbert needs to sack up and fire Brown. that's the first move he needs to make.

Then he needs to find another GM who actually knows how to draft and put a team together

then honestly get on his knees and pray that #6 comes back. and if not get a FA that can play with Kyrie because Kyrie will leave the first chance he gets if they don't improve drastically next year.

I don't care about lebron coming back, he was at his best 2006-2007

I've been Cavs fan since 2001, when I started living in Columbus OH and watched them rise to the contention since they got LeBron. After that bastard left for sunny weather, I quit watching NBA for a year. I started watching again as Cavs got #1 pick, took Kyrie, and man, was his game entertaining as hell. I also thought this year was gonna be the year that Cavs take the step forward and become a playoff team, especially in the beginning when they signed Bynum. We all know how that turned out.

I agree that Cavs need to fire Brown ASAP. It was a questionable hire from the get go. This team was not built to play defensive style to begin with. They just don't have that kind of personnel. Get an offensive-minded coach who can get the team run and gun. Brown is probably the least creative coach when it comes to offense. Can't believe this guy supposedly learned from Popovich.

For this coming off-season, I dunno who are available as FA, but for draft, they need to find a long-term replacement (or short-term, since Deng is most likely gone) for SF spot. Then, develop Bennett for god's sake. As much as I like TT, I don't think he's a starter material for a legit playoff team. I don't know if Bennett can fit that bill, but I do see a higher ceiling for him than TT, that is, if Bennett ever repairs his confidence.

I also love Waiters' game, but his style will never mesh with Kyrie. I'd like to keep him for the 6th man role. Cavs need to find a legit shooter at 2 spot to play alongside Kyrie. Jack playing shooting guard is just laughable.

Let's see what Cavs do this off-season. I hope they make some sensible decisions. Otherwise, as everybody fears, Kyrie will be gone and Cavs will be left with no hope and future.

They are developing karesev as a shooter, we can only hope he puts up drazen petrovic numbers.

Kyrie Irving is making progress in returning from a strained left biceps, though he's still a week away from having it formally reexamined.

"He's getting closer but he's not playing tonight," Mike Brown said.

Brown was asked on Tuesday if he thought Irving would return this season.

"He's doing the things we need him to do, but it's too early for me to say,'' the coach said.

Via Mary Schmitt Boyer/The Plain Dealer

That injury was just unfortunate. I really thought this season Kyrie was gonna stay healthy and get rid of that injury-prone label, but bad luck happens. Hopefully he can come back and be healthy again soon.

We are really in a bad situation.

Not bad enough to get a top 5 pick, but also not good enough to make the playoffs.

My biggest fear is that the Cavs will play good towards the end of the season giving Mike Brown another chance.

Last edited:
28-44.

Any time the Cavs win I am happy, but like I said before we are just in a lose-lose situation. If I had to guess I'd say we get like the 9th pick, and then we go from there.

More I think of it the more I think they hold onto Brown. Don't think Gilbert has the balls to do it. Plus it would show no stability for this team, but I just don't think we can win with him as the coach.

Hopefully they fire him once the season ends. that's all I want at this point :lol:

I think playoff is pretty much out the window by now, barring a miracle finish. They won again today, and I kinda hoped they'd lose their way to finish the season for a higher draft pick.

My guess will be that they'll not make playoff, get a late lottery pick, and retain Mike Brown because of the fight they showed toward the end of the season. :smh:

I think playoff is pretty much out the window by now, barring a miracle finish. They won again today, and I kinda hoped they'd lose their way to finish the season for a higher draft pick.

My guess will be that they'll not make playoff, get a late lottery pick, and retain Mike Brown because of the fight they showed toward the end of the season. :smh:
:smh::smh::smh::smh:

What's worse is this year's draft is top-heavy, and talent level drops pretty quickly after top 5~6. I really wish I could turn back time and start this season over from last year's draft. If I were GM, I would have done what Philly is doing right now. Get Noel and go tank mode for this year's top 3 pick. Damn.

haha I just posted like the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom