Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

In what might have been a last-ditch effort to get something, anything, out of Andris Biedrins and the $27 million owed him over the next three seasons, the Warriors met with their center Thursday afternoon.

In a two-hour chat with Biedrins and his agent, Bill Duffy, Warriors general manager Larry Riley outlined a complete physical and mental training program for Biedrins to follow this summer.

"It's time to take actions that will get him moving in the right direction," Riley said. "Basically, we're going to rebuild his confidence."

Already a hyper sensitive guy, Biedrins has had plenty of reasons to lose confidence. He has been plagued by injuries the past two seasons and been a shell of his former self on the court.

Biedrins averaged 190 free-throw attempts a season from 2006-09, but, after shooting a historically low 16 percent from the foul line in 2009-10, Biedrins has shied away from the ball - getting to the line just 56 times in the past two seasons combined.

"Our plan doesn't deal with just the physical aspects. It encompasses the complete rebuilding of his confidence," Riley said. "He's embarrassed, and I put the onus on him. He has to dig in on this, and we're going to support him in every way that we can."

Biedrins missed the final 14 games of the 2010-11 season with a sprained left ankle and missed last month's exit interview with the Warriors because he was in Latvia for the birth of his son. There were complications with the premature birth, including infections, but with the child and Biedrins' fiancee doing better, he was available to fly back to the Bay Area for Thursday's meeting.

As usual, Biedrins will do the majority of his offseason workouts in Latvia, but this time the Warriors won't send a representative. Instead, BDA Sports Management, the group that represents Biedrins and has a great track record with nutrition and training, will handle the overseas portion of the rehabilitation plan.

"We did not get what we wanted from the center position this year," Riley said. "Andris is back to having to prove himself again. He's got so many things going on in his mind right now that it's a challenge to get him back.

"If he returns to some reasonable form of what he was, I still think we need more size and more depth."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/29/SPUQ1J9Q4A.DTL#ixzz1KzwJdhkk

In what might have been a last-ditch effort to get something, anything, out of Andris Biedrins and the $27 million owed him over the next three seasons, the Warriors met with their center Thursday afternoon.

In a two-hour chat with Biedrins and his agent, Bill Duffy, Warriors general manager Larry Riley outlined a complete physical and mental training program for Biedrins to follow this summer.

"It's time to take actions that will get him moving in the right direction," Riley said. "Basically, we're going to rebuild his confidence."

Already a hyper sensitive guy, Biedrins has had plenty of reasons to lose confidence. He has been plagued by injuries the past two seasons and been a shell of his former self on the court.

Biedrins averaged 190 free-throw attempts a season from 2006-09, but, after shooting a historically low 16 percent from the foul line in 2009-10, Biedrins has shied away from the ball - getting to the line just 56 times in the past two seasons combined.

"Our plan doesn't deal with just the physical aspects. It encompasses the complete rebuilding of his confidence," Riley said. "He's embarrassed, and I put the onus on him. He has to dig in on this, and we're going to support him in every way that we can."

Biedrins missed the final 14 games of the 2010-11 season with a sprained left ankle and missed last month's exit interview with the Warriors because he was in Latvia for the birth of his son. There were complications with the premature birth, including infections, but with the child and Biedrins' fiancee doing better, he was available to fly back to the Bay Area for Thursday's meeting.

As usual, Biedrins will do the majority of his offseason workouts in Latvia, but this time the Warriors won't send a representative. Instead, BDA Sports Management, the group that represents Biedrins and has a great track record with nutrition and training, will handle the overseas portion of the rehabilitation plan.

"We did not get what we wanted from the center position this year," Riley said. "Andris is back to having to prove himself again. He's got so many things going on in his mind right now that it's a challenge to get him back.

"If he returns to some reasonable form of what he was, I still think we need more size and more depth."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/29/SPUQ1J9Q4A.DTL#ixzz1KzwJdhkk

^^ I will never understand how someone has played basketball for almost everyday of their life and hasn't been able to learn a "normal" shooting motion.

^^ I will never understand how someone has played basketball for almost everyday of their life and hasn't been able to learn a "normal" shooting motion.

Originally Posted by CJ003

1_250_shawn_Marion.jpg

Warriors guard Charlie Bell was reportedly stabbed by his wife in a domestic dispute last weekend in Michigan.

Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell's wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.

According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.

This is not the only brush with the law for Bell in 2011. He was arrested and charged with driving under the influence in Oakland last February.

Bell appeared in 19 games for Golden State this season in a backup role, averaging 1.7 points per game.

The pre-trial hearing in the case is scheduled for May 6.

Tags: Golden State Warriors , charlie bell

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/02/11/-charlie-bell/l_gswarriors.html?tagID=77358

Warriors guard Charlie Bell was reportedly stabbed by his wife in a domestic dispute last weekend in Michigan.

Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell's wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.

According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.

This is not the only brush with the law for Bell in 2011. He was arrested and charged with driving under the influence in Oakland last February.

Bell appeared in 19 games for Golden State this season in a backup role, averaging 1.7 points per game.

The pre-trial hearing in the case is scheduled for May 6.

Tags: Golden State Warriors , charlie bell

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/02/11/-charlie-bell/l_gswarriors.html?tagID=77358

doubt it i think DEN is looking to lock him up.

in either case he's going to command 10M annually, at least.

doubt it i think DEN is looking to lock him up.

in either case he's going to command 10M annually, at least.

Director of athletic development Mark Grabow, strength and conditioning coach John Murray, director of scouting Scott Pruneau and scout Jim Mitchell are on the way out too, according to team sources. The team hopes to retain interim athletic trainer Troy Wenzel, who replaced Tom Abdenour in January

Director of athletic development Mark Grabow, strength and conditioning coach John Murray, director of scouting Scott Pruneau and scout Jim Mitchell are on the way out too, according to team sources. The team hopes to retain interim athletic trainer Troy Wenzel, who replaced Tom Abdenour in January

Originally Posted by offbad

I guess the Warriors are serious about Yao Ming.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

I guess the Warriors are serious about Yao Ming.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom