Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

I would have jumped at that deal, but maybe they will give him a couple weeks then do the deal. If nothing else, they free up space to sign or do a sign-trade with the cap space.

I would have jumped at that deal, but maybe they will give him a couple weeks then do the deal. If nothing else, they free up space to sign or do a sign-trade with the cap space.

I know you guys are quick to hacking Beans, and I can understand why. BUT, I wanna give Biedrins 1 more season to redeem himself. He doesn't seem the same after that groin injury from the 09-10 season. He averaged 11-11 in 08-09 (Which isn't that long ago even though it seems to be). Aside from that, a legitimate center is unbelievably difficult to find in the NBA. Ask Greg Oden and Yao Ming. When the likes of Chris Kaman are in the conversation among the best centers in the league, you can kinda tell that the position is...in a nicer way to put it...a little on the thin side. They drafted Tyler, and have a new system with Marc Jackson. I understand his contract is bad, but it's not like the Warriors were contenders last year anyway. Why lose someone at their lowest value when they have the opportunity to have a fresh start and turn it around?

As far as the Ellis-Iguodala trade proposed. I'm sold on it.
Monta Ellis is hurting the development of Stephen Curry as a PG. As much as I love both players, they can not coexist. Ellis is a slasher and volume shooter who needs the ball to make an impact. Curry on the other hand is a distributor with a lethal jumper.
When the Warriors made that magical run in 2006 when they upset the 67 win Mavericks, they had a fully developed true PG in Baron Davis at the time. They also had Steven Jackson who was a deadly option at the 3 who was a nightmare match up for Dallas. Unfortunately, Stephen Curry is not that PG yet, and Monta Ellis will not allow him to become that PG. When Baron Davis left, Monta grew accustomed to being the ball handler for the team, and was basically the teams only option for years. Why should he allow Stephen Curry, who has joined the team after he has, to step in and take that from him? It's a valid logic from his standpoint, but the wrong one at that. Along with that, Don Nelson runs a gimmick system that has never won anything. It didn't work then and it won't work now. The model for an NBA championship is defense.
Monta Ellis is the better athlete but Stephen Curry is the better overall player for the team. With scoring options developing in Dorell Wright and a post presence now in David Lee, the Warriors need someone who can spread the wealth. Monta can't do that, Stephen can.
Even though the Warriors drafted Thompson, he's still a while away to become a starting SG in the league. They need to pull the trigger on the Iguodala trade and allow him to run the backcourt with Curry. Thompson and Jenkins off the bench will provide them an excellent punch when the starters need rest. WIth this trade the starting 1-4 will be covered with a valid 1-4 off the bench (if Reggie Williams stays). The 5 spot is tricky, no one is sold on Biedrins starting, but everyone knows finding a quality center in the league is one of the hardest tasks to accomplish.

ONLY thing now is Marc Jackson's system. He has the power right now to create the best roster he can that will fit his system. Shoot first SG over a defending SG who doesn't need the ball to impact and allow your star to grow...might have to go with the latter on that one.

I know you guys are quick to hacking Beans, and I can understand why. BUT, I wanna give Biedrins 1 more season to redeem himself. He doesn't seem the same after that groin injury from the 09-10 season. He averaged 11-11 in 08-09 (Which isn't that long ago even though it seems to be). Aside from that, a legitimate center is unbelievably difficult to find in the NBA. Ask Greg Oden and Yao Ming. When the likes of Chris Kaman are in the conversation among the best centers in the league, you can kinda tell that the position is...in a nicer way to put it...a little on the thin side. They drafted Tyler, and have a new system with Marc Jackson. I understand his contract is bad, but it's not like the Warriors were contenders last year anyway. Why lose someone at their lowest value when they have the opportunity to have a fresh start and turn it around?

Monta Ellis is hurting the development of Stephen Curry as a PG. As much as I love both players, they can not coexist. Ellis is a slasher and volume shooter who needs the ball to make an impact. Curry on the other hand is a distributor with a lethal jumper.
When the Warriors made that magical run in 2006 when they upset the 67 win Mavericks, they had a fully developed true PG in Baron Davis at the time. They also had Steven Jackson who was a deadly option at the 3 who was a nightmare match up for Dallas. Unfortunately, Stephen Curry is not that PG yet, and Monta Ellis will not allow him to become that PG. When Baron Davis left, Monta grew accustomed to being the ball handler for the team, and was basically the teams only option for years. Why should he allow Stephen Curry, who has joined the team after he has, to step in and take that from him? It's a valid logic from his standpoint, but the wrong one at that. Along with that, Don Nelson runs a gimmick system that has never won anything. It didn't work then and it won't work now. The model for an NBA championship is defense.
Monta Ellis is the better athlete but Stephen Curry is the better overall player for the team. With scoring options developing in Dorell Wright and a post presence now in David Lee, the Warriors need someone who can spread the wealth. Monta can't do that, Stephen can.
Even though the Warriors drafted Thompson, he's still a while away to become a starting SG in the league. They need to pull the trigger on the Iguodala trade and allow him to run the backcourt with Curry. Thompson and Jenkins off the bench will provide them an excellent punch when the starters need rest. WIth this trade the starting 1-4 will be covered with a valid 1-4 off the bench (if Reggie Williams stays). The 5 spot is tricky, no one is sold on Biedrins starting, but everyone knows finding a quality center in the league is one of the hardest tasks to accomplish.

ONLY thing now is Marc Jackson's system. He has the power right now to create the best roster he can that will fit his system. Shoot first SG over a defending SG who doesn't need the ball to impact and allow your star to grow...might have to go with the latter on that one.

probably dont match up salary wise but how about a jj hickson(or varajeau) and baron davis(or jamison) and a first round protected pick for beidris and monta ellis?

probably dont match up salary wise but how about a jj hickson(or varajeau) and baron davis(or jamison) and a first round protected pick for beidris and monta ellis?

The Davis/Varejao for Ellis/Biedrins deal works, but I would never do that deal. It leaves the Warriors without a 2 (now have 2 PG's) and no Center.

The Davis/Varejao for Ellis/Biedrins deal works, but I would never do that deal. It leaves the Warriors without a 2 (now have 2 PG's) and no Center.

Originally Posted by daprescription

We don't have a starting sg, but we still have a sg. I mean Klay would still be somewhat effective. I still wouldn't do this trade though
laugh.gif

GeRAWRd wrote:

I can somewhat understand your point about keeping beidrins. But there is no guarantee that he is going to improve, plus with Jackson as our coach there is less of a chance. Being a former pg I see him spending more time working with Curry and the guards then getting Beidrin back into shape. 

Originally Posted by daprescription

We don't have a starting sg, but we still have a sg. I mean Klay would still be somewhat effective. I still wouldn't do this trade though
laugh.gif

GeRAWRd wrote:

I can somewhat understand your point about keeping beidrins. But there is no guarantee that he is going to improve, plus with Jackson as our coach there is less of a chance. Being a former pg I see him spending more time working with Curry and the guards then getting Beidrin back into shape. 

I'm sick of "just wait 1 more season" game with Biedrins. Sometimes, they're just not that good and need a new situation.

I'm sick of "just wait 1 more season" game with Biedrins. Sometimes, they're just not that good and need a new situation.

What new group? Whoever that group is, are they going to put the basketball in the hoop for him? Keep him healthy/motivated? Him help with his limp wrist trot from end to end without any kind of impact on the game? Is Jerry West going to make Biedrins into a real basketball player? Is Mark Jackson? When will these cop-outs end?

What new group? Whoever that group is, are they going to put the basketball in the hoop for him? Keep him healthy/motivated? Him help with his limp wrist trot from end to end without any kind of impact on the game? Is Jerry West going to make Biedrins into a real basketball player? Is Mark Jackson? When will these cop-outs end?

Originally Posted by What up

this.
biedrins is alrdy at the apex of his abilities. highly doubt he's going to do anything that surprises people anymore.  

Originally Posted by What up

this.
biedrins is alrdy at the apex of his abilities. highly doubt he's going to do anything that surprises people anymore.  

Exactly. I've given the benefit of the doubt to Biedrins in the past. But from him and his agent threatening to go back to Lativa for add'tl $/yrs to him constantly playing for his wack !%$ country team while forgoing drills/conditioning to get better for us, I'm over it. If we don't work out a deal to move him, then I hope we can apply amnesty on his contract so it won't count against the (new) cap.

F him, he needs to mature as a player or just stay in Euro.

Exactly. I've given the benefit of the doubt to Biedrins in the past. But from him and his agent threatening to go back to Lativa for add'tl $/yrs to him constantly playing for his wack !%$ country team while forgoing drills/conditioning to get better for us, I'm over it. If we don't work out a deal to move him, then I hope we can apply amnesty on his contract so it won't count against the (new) cap.

F him, he needs to mature as a player or just stay in Euro.

We all know that Beidrins sucks and I have watched enough games this season both on television and in person to know that he doesn't contribute anything while on the the floor. And I'm sure the new ownership is well aware of how much Beidrins is struggling. But if Beidrins is as bad as well think he is, why hasn't the front office traded him already? The deal in place is sound and at the very least we are getting rid of Beidrins horrible contract. So what's stopping Riley and Lacobs from pulling the trigger? 

We all know that Beidrins sucks and I have watched enough games this season both on television and in person to know that he doesn't contribute anything while on the the floor. And I'm sure the new ownership is well aware of how much Beidrins is struggling. But if Beidrins is as bad as well think he is, why hasn't the front office traded him already? The deal in place is sound and at the very least we are getting rid of Beidrins horrible contract. So what's stopping Riley and Lacobs from pulling the trigger? 

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Seems like Biedrins is the Alex Smith of the Warriors.
laugh.gif

I think the Warriors want to get more out of him; understandable given he's a big man...as bad as he is, there are definitely teams out there that think they can make him play like he did before 2009. I don't  blame them for trying to get more value...maybe they're trying to see if they can get Chuck Hayes or something.

Back
Top Bottom