Longest work streak.

Long time ago **** union job, was a temp so had no say

30+ days

Worst time of my life

How often do you get called?
once or twice on the weekends in the day time, if that.
some weekends don’t hear a peep.
weekdays very rare occasion and always at the end of regular work hours. so i would just have to stay later.

2 years prior was a different story though. was madness. im usually only on call every other weekend as there are only 2 of us sharing the responsibility. will be a 3rd soon though.

it’s good money especially when you don’t get called in.

Whats the longest number of days in a row you've worked. I have 21 shifts scheduled at 1 job and 7 at another for the next 30 days starting today. Ive had long stretches but this is my first time working a month straight.
IMG_3642.gif

2 years i believe. Worked my full time job M-F then did 10 hour shifts on both Saturday and Sunday for my part time gig.

Would never work two jobs again.

I did about a month and change straight last summer.

Not worth it.

Once I mentioned it to some of my bosses and they didn’t even notice 🤣

They were more scared that I might of got them in trouble with some kind of labor law.

I did 2 weeks straight at my former job like 10 years ago. To be fair it was an easy job, literally show up and sit around for 8 hours. This was around the time I turned 21 so I would show up hungover/no sleep. Once I was clocked in I’d head back to my car and take a nap :lol:

I can’t picture forcing myself to work more than 5 days straight now.

2 years i believe. Worked my full time job M-F then did 10 hour shifts on both Saturday and Sunday for my part time gig.

Would never work two jobs again.
Preach my boy Preach
I think it’s fine when you are young but stack that money

Have a straight tunnel vision
I’m at the age where you can barely get me there for overtime unless we have a abundance of things to do

It seems like when you come in early those hours take forever to pass

Not worth it.

They were more scared that I might of got them in trouble with some kind of labor law.
Same thing happened to me when I worked at Walmart (my second job after quitting Burger King )
We were there for the whole store construction and we worked overnight once they cleared OT it was on we used to get off at 7 am and came back at 10 am for a nap then get off at 3 and then came back a 7pm to overlap into our overnight shift

GM told us to start going home
Saying how he wanted us to enjoy our time off

These jobs always offer unlimited OT until you start hitting them over the head with 20 hours of OT
Taxes just eat that all up though

When I worked retail at macys and Uniqlo like a decade ago… during Christmas time I did 6am to 11pm… as far as my career goes I usually do the regular 8 hour shift… but in my first job I use to do overtime to compensate for the low pay…worked 8am to 6:30pm… did that for close to two years

Not worth it.

Lol yea my base salary at one job is based on 2 weeks a month of work. Because it can be so grueling they give me 2 weeks off a month. In that 2 weeks off Im only allowed to work 1 as overtime. So with this other job I got im just filling in that extra week. But Im pretty sure im violating something in my contract. :lol:

Between 2 jobs in 2020, I took 10 days off the entire year. Everything was shutdown so there wasn't much choice of things to do if you really adhered to the protocols. Best thing for me was I had unlimited access to a court (shooting gun as well and would shoot for hours on end) where it was nobody but me, indoor track and a weight room. I had never locked in so much, just due to boredom. I'll never work like that again; it really made me realize at these jobs you are just a number, and they will replace you in a second.

Crazy thing is I never was tired of going that hard in the paint. Kobe saying, when you are focused on a goal you don't see fatigue. I was trying to do somethings financially and get in the best shape that I had ever been in. Hate it took a pandemic/shutdown for me to lock in like that. I think everyone should have got something out of the pandemic/shutdown whether it was good, bad or indifferent.

Last edited:
A month straight 7 days a week 8-13 hours a day when I was pharmacy intern and making like $13 an hour. Thought I was really doing it too

Damn. Yall didnt have work hour restrictions like medical interns and residents?
Retail and hospital pharmacy are different. You get paid more in retail but have to deal with regular retail bs. Like people just not showing up or caring enough or being constantly understaffed so Cvs didn’t give a **** at that time. That was in 2011 when they were rapidly expanding to take advantage of the opioid pandemic tho

On the other end of the spectrum, I’m currently on the longest non work streak of my adult life at around 5 months now :wow:. Didn’t realize how fast time been flying. Haven’t had so much fun in such a long time I forgot how it goes.

Well, not employed by any entity at least.

I think I want a part time gig to get me outside a little more tho. Something fun like fashion retail or a bougie supermarket.

What about the people who do school and work and don't have a day in the week where they are not doing one or the other or both? Because I did that for 8.5 years lol.

I know a guy who got fired from hospital pharmacy and now works at wal mart pharmacy.

He misses the hospital.

There’s folks willing to work max hours because they’re good at it but the damn labor laws f it up. I get it because corporations abuse it but then i don’t mind working hella hrs for a phat *** paycheck
What about the people who do school and work and don't have a day in the week where they are not doing one or the other or both? Because I did that for 8.5 years lol.
what about school work and kiddos. oh yeah, and a wife lol

like 11 days with 8-10 hours rest in between while on call

felt like **** and ended up closing my eyes for 2 seconds on the highway driving home cause I was so tired after like day 8 or 9

Back
Top Bottom