Longest work streak.

like 11 days with 8-10 hours rest in between while on call

felt like **** and ended up closing my eyes for 2 seconds on the highway driving home cause I was so tired after like day 8 or 9

Yea dont do this. I know people have died on the wheel being fatigued from work. Its weird and easier said than done but sleep at work or in your car if you have to.

Younger years - about 3 - 4 months straight. It was only 4 - 5 hour shifts in retail, so it wasn't that bad.

Less than younger years - about a month or maybe a little more. Usually 4am - 4pm, but it varied. Scariest thing was driving if I didn't get good rest. I was terrified the first time my head bobbed behind the wheel of a car. Made damn sure to do whatever it took to stay alert after that.

Stupidest thing is I was asked if I wanted to work extra and didn't even really need the money. Never again.

Never worked more than 6 days straight and never will. And those 6 day stretches weren’t voluntary and only happened 2 or 3 times. Eventually management learned I’m not about that 1 day weekend life when I stopped showing up for OT. :lol:

Props to you folks doing your thing though, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. I loved the extra $$ those hours brought in, but not more than my free time and positive headspace.

Ive rounded with a pharmacist during my training. Working in the hospital seems a lot more rewarding. :lol:
But that retail money speaks. Sometimes it’s like 20k more than a hospital pharmacist plus yearly bonuses. not sure they if still do sign on bonuses anymore but that was like another 10-15k back when I finished school 10 years ago. At least in ny I don’t know what the rates are in other states.

^they probably have to pay that much to fill the spot

everyone i know comes from a retail pharmacy hated it. they all talk about how demanding it is and i believe them
everytime i go to walgreens there's only like 2 personnel and they're always busy. the pharmacist always looks stressed.

^they probably have to pay that much to fill the spot

everyone i know comes from a retail pharmacy hated it. they all talk about how demanding it is and i believe them
everytime i go to walgreens there's only like 2 personnel and they're always busy. the pharmacist always looks stressed.
It’s exactly why they pay so much. specifically cvs and walgreens pay top notch. I hated it so much man. So unnecessarily stressful.

Reporting back after working 35 days straight. No bueno. Im supposed to be getting this whole week off but coverage issues so I will start back again wed through sunday...then Ill take a week off for real.

But that retail money speaks. Sometimes it’s like 20k more than a hospital pharmacist plus yearly bonuses. not sure they if still do sign on bonuses anymore but that was like another 10-15k back when I finished school 10 years ago. At least in ny I don’t know what the rates are in other states.
Kinda off topic, but is it worth being a pharmacy technician?

Also can you wear the kind of shoes we're into (jordans, 90s kicks, ect) if you work in a pharmacy?

I did 35 once - I have 4 jobs anyway and that takes up 5.5 days or so usually. In 2021 I worked in one of the covid vaccine centres at the weekend - because it seemed like the right thing to do and the extra money was handy. You could sign up for whatever shifts you wanted so I started doing 8 hours Saturday and Sunday when the demand was there. It didn't really seem like work because it was different and not stressful, but after 28 days straight I was wrecked.

After that I started doing a 12 hour shift at the weekend and having a day off and that was much better. It's definitely not good for you to keep doing that. I do have a habit of liking to learn things the hard way.

I work in the hospital.

I average about 14 hours per day so the most ive done was 5 days straight

When i was working as a cook at a restaurant i did the whole month once

Get it in NT fam!
yesterday had a day off after 19 days straight.
Felt weird but was still able to get a work out in.

got a 2 week trip to france for the rugby world cup in sept coming up. Stacking up!

Kinda off topic, but is it worth being a pharmacy technician?

Also can you wear the kind of shoes we're into (jordans, 90s kicks, ect) if you work in a pharmacy?
You ok being paid 22-25 an hour just starting out then go for it. And as far as shoes I always did but every pharmacy is different. you have some pharmacy managers that don’t care and want you to be comfortable like me and then some that want you to dress professional (old heads)

You ok being paid 22-25 an hour just starting out then go for it. And as far as shoes I always did but every pharmacy is different. you have some pharmacy managers that don’t care and want you to be comfortable like me and then some that want you to dress professional (old heads)
Thank you.

Per our company policy we have to get an off day after working 13 straight. I have literally worked that 13 on 1 off schedule for 4 months straight. That one off day don’t do **** for you lol. Feels like your soul is leaving your body when working that much.

I only work ot if I’m forced to now. The money is good but I’m actually trying to enjoy life. Budget properly, make sound investments and you can spend less time at work and retire early.

Per our company policy we have to get an off day after working 13 straight. I have literally worked that 13 on 1 off schedule for 4 months straight. That one off day don’t do **** for you lol. Feels like your soul is leaving your body when working that much.

I only work ot if I’m forced to now. The money is good but I’m actually trying to enjoy life. Budget properly, make sound investments and you can spend less time at work and retire early.

ill probably never fully retire but i gotta start planning on how to work less and make as much as i am now when im older.

Back
Top Bottom