Lookin for a pitbull puppy any tips?

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Dont do it bro. Terriers are so hyper and destructive. They dig holes, attack animals, need lots of exercise. I had one as a teenager and it was a nightmare. Get a big dog like a bullmastiff. They just chill.

You should have known that pitbulls are high energy dogs before you got one.  They get destructive when they are bored and have a lot of built up energy.  Exercising them is the solution to this problem.  A tired pitbull is a good/happy pitbull.

Don't do it. If you want something similar, American Bullies are cool. They look even more yoked than a pit, but the aggressiveness is bred out. Google them! Pits though? Hella ghetto cliche, homie

Don't do it. If you want something similar, American Bullies are cool. They look even more yoked than a pit, but the aggressiveness is bred out. Google them! Pits though? Hella ghetto cliche, homie

OP what bloodline are you trying to go with. what do you want AKC or ADBA? get one form either these two registration do not go with anything else because it is not a true register dog. if you dont want a pit that is big then go with a ADBA. try looking up different sites and if you need a couple just pm me and ill send you the links. i ve had pits since 99 so i know a lot and have experience that breed.

OP what bloodline are you trying to go with. what do you want AKC or ADBA? get one form either these two registration do not go with anything else because it is not a true register dog. if you dont want a pit that is big then go with a ADBA. try looking up different sites and if you need a couple just pm me and ill send you the links. i ve had pits since 99 so i know a lot and have experience that breed.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Drive through East Oakland 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ghetto Cliche? Nah.

I currently own two pits one 2yrs old and one 5 months, im pretty far from ghetto. They are just one of the most loyal dogs you will ever own.

Tips:
Becareful who you get your pit from, blues are very popular and normally go for the most money. This has lead to inbreeding which will make for a very unstable dog.
Spend as much time as possible with your pit when he/she is a pup to set the expectations of there behavior. They will test you when he/she gets older.
Feed your dog good food, the cheap food is full of filter which will lead to health problems and a bad coat.

Ghetto Cliche? Nah.

I currently own two pits one 2yrs old and one 5 months, im pretty far from ghetto. They are just one of the most loyal dogs you will ever own.

Tips:
Becareful who you get your pit from, blues are very popular and normally go for the most money. This has lead to inbreeding which will make for a very unstable dog.
Spend as much time as possible with your pit when he/she is a pup to set the expectations of there behavior. They will test you when he/she gets older.
Feed your dog good food, the cheap food is full of filter which will lead to health problems and a bad coat.

Please adopt. There are so many great dogs, specifically pit bulls available in your local shelter.

Please adopt. There are so many great dogs, specifically pit bulls available in your local shelter.

Originally Posted by manny1

Is the UKC not legit?

Originally Posted by manny1

Is the UKC not legit?

We have a Pitt mix (w Bassett Hound) and we rescued her. She's such an awesome dog.

You can have the most %%**%@%! day and she'll be there wagging her tail as soon as you walk in.

I want to rescue another Pitt someday. They're good dogs if treated like a pet and not abused.

We have a Pitt mix (w Bassett Hound) and we rescued her. She's such an awesome dog.

You can have the most %%**%@%! day and she'll be there wagging her tail as soon as you walk in.

I want to rescue another Pitt someday. They're good dogs if treated like a pet and not abused.

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Why don't you look into some shelters as far as adpoption? A lot of time they get various breeds of puppies.

See I thought about it but I always thought they had 4-5 month old puppies I really wanted one that was around 8-10 weeks
Why? It's so much more work at 8-10 weeks. That's when people get them and keep them for a few weeks and then give them up because it's too much work. Plus your shelters should be full of Pit Bulls

Why don't you look into some shelters as far as adpoption? A lot of time they get various breeds of puppies.

See I thought about it but I always thought they had 4-5 month old puppies I really wanted one that was around 8-10 weeks
Why? It's so much more work at 8-10 weeks. That's when people get them and keep them for a few weeks and then give them up because it's too much work. Plus your shelters should be full of Pit Bulls

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

if he has the time, patience, and MONEY for it, I think its worth getting a pup at 8-10 weeks.  I brought my pup home right at 10 weeks and I won't lie, that first week to two weeks were pure hell.  Sleeping in 30 minute increments, having to pickup/wipe up dog crap and piss around the house, etc... etc...  That being said, I feel that its important to have your pup at that age to start building a bond with them and also to start getting them socialized to their home, surroundings, and different people/experiences.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

if he has the time, patience, and MONEY for it, I think its worth getting a pup at 8-10 weeks.  I brought my pup home right at 10 weeks and I won't lie, that first week to two weeks were pure hell.  Sleeping in 30 minute increments, having to pickup/wipe up dog crap and piss around the house, etc... etc...  That being said, I feel that its important to have your pup at that age to start building a bond with them and also to start getting them socialized to their home, surroundings, and different people/experiences.

Back
Top Bottom