Looks like its LSU vs Big 12 school in championship

who do you guys think lsu will play i mean with oregon losing things are looking good for one of those 3 big 12 teams. i think it will be oklahoma personally

I hope you just jinxed LSU. I hope.

I'm really not trying to see the usual powerhouses in the title game. I'm hoping for KU/MIZZOU vs. WVU right now.

Personally, I think LSU would murk any of those Big 12 teams in the National Chamionship Game...that's just methough.

I'd like to see Oklahoma with Patrick/Murray/Bradford go against that D of LSU. Would be a nice rematch and in the same place. Hopefully the AP doesn'tpull a fast one and issue out their own championship like the last time.

Hopefully the AP doesn't pull a fast one and issue out their own championship like the last time.
How did they pull a fast one. The BCS is a croc, USC was #1 in both polls and they hammered Michigan in the Rose Bowl. Why would you drop the #1team withoug losing.

As a USC fan and a Pac 10 fan...*%$# the BCS.

The conference has been screwed over so many times by this crappy system.

word to the Pac-10 getting screwed repeatedly. Oregon got snubbed in 01 (i think) with harrington....and Cal got snubbed from a Rose Bowl a couple years ago byTexas...the system is stupid.

Oh please all you PAC 10 fans stop whining you say you get snubbed and then go on to lose bowl games against mediocre teams (oregon lost to Oklahoma) Cal lostto Texas Tech. Please why not show you deserve to be there by winning against mediocre teams.

LOL that's not even the point at all...u can bring that up that still doesn't justify why pac-10 teams have gotten snubbed before in the past.

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

LS-Who?

I hope my Razorbacks will spoil their hopes for a shot at the national championship.

Originally Posted by acidicality

LOL that's not even the point at all...u can bring that up that still doesn't justify why pac-10 teams have gotten snubbed before in the past.

But it does show that those so called deserving teams like Cal in 04 and Oregon in 05 maybe weren't that deserving. I mean they both went 10-1 duringthe regular season and faced a 7-4 Oklahoma team and another 7-4 Texas Tech team and pretty much didn't show up. Just shows you what type of team that is.You can talk about getting snubbed and this and that but if you want to show the rest of the country that the PAC10 can play ball those snubbed teams shouldhave really pounded those mediocre teams and show that they deserved to be in the BCS.

But I will give you guys the USC championship as a legit one. They did beat Michigan and showed their heart and ultimately was rewarded for their work witha title from the AP. And maybe that is what Oregon and Cal should have done.

Oh please all you PAC 10 fans stop whining you say you get snubbed and then go on to lose bowl games against mediocre teams (oregon lost to Oklahoma) Cal lost to Texas Tech. Please why not show you deserve to be there by winning against mediocre teams.

laugh.gif
, I like how you only bring up games that are convenient to your argument.

Like when Oregon got snubbed in 2001, instead of playing for hte National Championship, they got snubbed by a Nebraska team that got rolled by Colorado. Oregon was sent to the Fiesta Bowl where they rolled on Colorado 38-16. Nebraska lost in the title game.

How about the 2000 Oregon State team, that also got snubbed, and was sent to the Fiesta Bowl as well. All they did was stomp Notre Dame 41-9.

How about USC, when they got snubbed in '03. All we did was beat up on Michigan, again. We split the title that year.

Yes, Cal and Oregon didn't show up to those games and were probably simply very disappointed and they shouldn't lose...but how does it change the factthat they were deserving of a BCS game or whatever? BEFORE they lost to Texas Tech etc. they deserved to play in the game. That's what matters, and Idon't think anyone will deny Cal deserved a Rose Bowl that year, we were almost undefeated, our only loss was a very close one to the national champion USCteam on the road and I think it's total BS we got penalized for beating So. Miss on the road by not a large enough margin of points. I was actually at thegame when Cal lost to Texas Tech, Cal just simply seemed to just lose their step and felt out of place, especially that defense that got torced by SonnyCumbie...

2000 Washington had a better argument than OSU that year. OSU didn't even win the Pac-10.
it was a three way tie with UW OSU and Oregon. UW wnet to the Rose bowl so idk what ur talking about.

Like I said in another thread, Dotn be so sure the big XII champ would even make it there.
Mizzou could lose one of its remaining 2 (K State/KU + poss. title game if they make it)
Oklahoma could lose one of its 2 (texas tech/OK st. + poss title game)
Kansas could lose one of its last 2 (Iowa St/Mizzu plus + posstitle game)

You're telling me all 3 losing one more game isnt possible?
It is quite possible for all 3 of the Big XII's highest ranked teams to have 2 losses by seasons end.

At the same time Gunna, we can't be so sure LSU won't lose to Arkansas or Tennessee/Georgia in the SEC Title game...You can't be sure WVU won'tlose to Cincinnati or UConn...

That argument can go both ways.

Yep you are right, If anybody has been watching this season, they should know, there is no supremely dominant team this yr and anyone can lose because ofparity. but if I had to choose a team that I think was gonna win all their games from here on out, its WVA. their remaining schedule is more then manageable.their is no superstar player on the two teams remaining that is capable of just taking over and winning vs WVA.

It's very possible for all 3 of the Big 12 teams to lose 2 games. Personally I'd prefer Mizzou over Oklahoma and Kansas in the title game... I want OUto lose another game (so we have a bit of a chance at a BCS game)... Pipe dreams I tell ya!
laugh.gif

Okay let's go hypothetical.

All three of those Big XII teams lose like Gunna Said.
West Virginia loses to Cinci.
LSU loses to Arkansas or Tennessee.
Arizona State loses to USC.
Ohio State loses to Michigan this weekend.

Just who would play in the National Championship game? I mean I know thats a long shot for all of that to happen but if any year it could it would be thisyear. Would we have an undefeated Hawaii in the NC? Or maybe a one lose Boise State team who beats Hawaii? I think if either of those two happen NikeTalk mightexplode lol. Or Georgia or USC slips in there because they got their two loses early and would just slid up the rankings?

But I am curious what do you guys think would happen. Because honestly it very well could possibly happen.

It's very possible for all 3 of the Big 12 teams to lose 2 games. Personally I'd prefer Mizzou over Oklahoma and Kansas in the title game... I want OU
to lose another game (so we have a bit of a chance at a BCS game)... Pipe dreams I tell ya!
laugh.gif
Come on Fanatic...There's absolutely no chance Texas comes out witha BCS big this year...See ya at either the Holiday Bowl LOL

I want the BigXii represented in the Title game almost simply because people have been dogging the conference all year long, despite the fact it's got 4teams that could end up inside the Top 10 at the end of the year...Dudes act like it'd be the end of the world if Missouri or Kansas earned their way intothat game by beating two Top 5 teams in the final 3 weeks. Oklahoma gives the conference the best chance to go into New Orleans and win a game against LSU,Missouri doesn't play enough defense to win and Kansas probably doesn't have the firepower to keep up...But I think Missouri or Kansas could play withWVU, if LSU were to stumble down the stretch...

Makes for a VERY interesting final 3 weeks, though. 5-6 teams have a legitimate shot at the BCS Title game at this point...LSU, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma,West Virginia could all pretty much control their own destiny, and even Ohio State could sneak in the back door with a big win over Michigan and some help downthe stretch from other teams...

HTTB, You're a Longhorns fan?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

It's very possible for all 3 of the Big 12 teams to lose 2 games. Personally I'd prefer Mizzou over Oklahoma and Kansas in the title game... I want OU to lose another game (so we have a bit of a chance at a BCS game)... Pipe dreams I tell ya!
laugh.gif
Yeah right.
laugh.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed, though.

Back
Top Bottom