Looks like its LSU vs Big 12 school in championship

Originally Posted by codyj1326

Okay let's go hypothetical.

All three of those Big XII teams lose like Gunna Said.
West Virginia loses to Cinci.
LSU loses to Arkansas or Tennessee.
Arizona State loses to USC.
Ohio State loses to Michigan this weekend.

Just who would play in the National Championship game? I mean I know thats a long shot for all of that to happen but if any year it could it would be this year. Would we have an undefeated Hawaii in the NC? Or maybe a one lose Boise State team who beats Hawaii? I think if either of those two happen NikeTalk might explode lol. Or Georgia or USC slips in there because they got their two loses early and would just slid up the rankings?

But I am curious what do you guys think would happen. Because honestly it very well could possibly happen.
If that happens, hopefully the BCS will explode
laugh.gif

And yes I know we have like zero chance
frown.gif
, but I still have faith (ormaybe thats the after affects of the smoothie I drank this morning
ohwell.gif
). I'd still prefer Mizzou because I hate KU and OU just that much. The Big XII has been good this year which I like. Others may think I'm crazy forthat but hey, to each his own.

I'm actually hoping for LSU/WVU, I think that would be the most exciting matchup. Unless Kentucky beats Georgia and Tennessee the next two weeks and myGators get to Atlanta. Then we will proceed to crush any dreams LSU has of going to New Orleans.

everyone saying kansas has a cake schedule should probably check out the ncaa toughest schedule rankings.

according to the ncaa, kansas's schedule is 73rd toughest, and the great usc's is 74th...if you wanna talk garbage schedule and overrated, lets talkhawaii. 117th out of 119...

and believe it or not, oklahoma only has the 69th toughest schedule.

if LSU makes it to the NC as expected, they wont be crushing anybody... they aren't dominant like that

Oklahoma could definitely beat them, WVU could beat them, and Kansas could attack their secondary and break down their offense and have a great chance to win.

because of Florida last year, people assume any team coming out of the SEC is automatically perfect all-around and dominant, but thats not the case with LSU.

Well the important thing is it will be alot less whining now that the Pac-10 has no legitimate title contender.

Now that we got that out of the way. I agree that WVU has the easiest road to New Orleans. Everyone who is all over this LSU will dominate Tennessee inAtlanta, if it comes down to that, remember that Tennessee barely lost to them last year without their starting QB, and LSU has pretty much the same team minusthat guy that went number 1 in the NFL draft. Also with a game against Arkansas don't pack their bags yet. But if they can win out, they deserve to bethere.

I think Mizzou knocks off Kansas and then Oklahoma knocks off Mizzou in the Big 12 Title game and sends them to the National Championship Game Against WVU whosneaks in the back door after LSU lays an egg against Tennessee in the SEC Title Game.

By the way Hawaii or Boise St. should never be mentioned int he same breath with the words National Title Picture......Period.

Originally Posted by apowell11

2000 Washington had a better argument than OSU that year. OSU didn't even win the Pac-10.
it was a three way tie with UW OSU and Oregon. UW wnet to the Rose bowl so idk what ur talking about.

Washington had the same record as OSU in 2000, beat OSU (and #2 Miami), and was ranked higher than OSU. If a Pac-10 team played for the title that year itwas going to be Washington, not Oregon State.

%*%@! If all these teams lose (Oklahoma, LSU, MIZZOU, WV, ASU) again, who the hell is gonna play in the national championship game?!
eek.gif
Imagine the possibilities.
sick.gif
smokin.gif

At the same time Gunna, we can't be so sure LSU won't lose to Arkansas or Tennessee/Georgia in the SEC Title game...You can't be sure WVU won't lose to Cincinnati or UConn...
definitely, it's still wide open.
The top 5 BCS teams could all very easily lose 1 game, as already mentioned. then @ 6 you have OSU, who still has to play Michigan and #7 ASU still has to playUSC.
pimp.gif
@ the possibility of UGA sneaking into the title game.

it's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks...

Mizzou>Kansas
OU>arkansas
Mizzou>OU

LSU>Mizzou

Mark my words...........Im a mizzou fan.......but 3 games agains top 5 teams and they are BOUND to bomb on one of em

nerd.gif

The Big XII will NOT be represented in the Nat'l Title game, because ultimately Oklahoma is still going to win the Big XII Title game.

KLJ, when this al unfolds, I want you to say "Jay You seen it, Please believe it, I really mean it"

Back
Top Bottom