Lopez twins going pro...

the Lopi are going pro and both signing with agents...
if you can't tell by the article, their mom controls everything...
roll.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Robin, Brook to enter NBA draft after two seasons at Stanford[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: March 31, 2008, 9:24 PM ET

The Lopez twins are going pro together.

Stanford sophomore Robin Lopez is joining his 7-foot brother Brook in entering the NBA draft.

The brothers made their announcement to The Associated Press on Monday through mother, Deborah Ledford.

[h4]Tower Power[/h4]
24.gif
Brook and Robin Lopez were celebrated recruits when they arrived at Stanford, helping lead the Cardinal to the Sweet 16 as sophomores. Brook became Stanford's go-to guy, averaging 16 points per game. Robin was a defensive presence, averaging over 2 blocks per game.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Brook Lopez​
[/td] [td]
Robin Lopez​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]16.0[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG pct.[/td] [td]48.0[/td] [td]51.1[/td] [/tr][/table]

It was expected that Brook would declare himself eligible for the NBA, but Robin was not so certain. They were prep stars in Fresno, Calif., and came to Stanford together. Now they will depart as a tandem, too.

"This has been a very difficult decision for me because I really enjoyed my two years at Stanford," Robin Lopez said in a statement released to the AP. "I have always hoped I would have an opportunity to play in the NBA and I feel now is the right time to make that dream a reality."

Brook Lopez, a third-team All-American and a first-team Pac-10 selection, averaged 19.3 points and 8.2 rebounds to go with 56 blocks this season. He scored the game-winning basket with 1.3 seconds left in an 82-81 victory over Marquette in the second round of the NCAA tournament to put Stanford in the regional semifinals for the first time since 2001.

Both Brook and Robin will hire agents and thus forgo their remaining two years of college eligibility, their mom said.

"That's something we're still working on and finalizing," she said. "It's a definite decision. We'll be hiring agents."

Brook averaged 16.0 points and 7.1 rebounds in his two college seasons, blocking 101 shots and shooting 48 percent from the field in 53 games. Brook, who missed time earlier in the season because he was academically ineligible, scored in double figures in 41 games and scored a career-high 31 points at Washington this season.

"After a great deal of thought and discussion with my family, I feel it is the appropriate time to enter the NBA draft," Brook Lopez said. "It is the dream of every basketball player to play and succeed in the NBA and I feel I am ready to take on this new challenge."

Robin's confidence during the tournament run was contagious, according to his teammates. He averaged 10.2 points and 5.2 boards and blocked 83 shots for the Cardinal.

Both Lopez brothers said they will return to Stanford over time to complete their degrees.

"Nobody's surprised. We wish they were staying, but they made their decisions," Stanford athletic director Bob Bowlsby said in Spokane, Wash., where the Cardinal women were playing Monday night in the NCAA regional final. "They're terrific players, no question about that. They've done a great job for us."

Ledford, a former Stanford swimmer, opted to send out separate statements from the twins in order to keep the attention on both of them.

"When they go into the NBA, they're going to go to separate teams," she said. "Robin, his whole life he's been underappreciated and undervalued."

The Cardinal were eliminated by Texas in the South Regional semifinals on Saturday in Houston.

Ledford said coach Trent Johnson was supportive of the twins' decision. A message left at Johnson's office was not immediately returned.

robin will go anywhere from 15-25 he should have stayed in college for another year but he'll still be in the first round no matter what

man i hope the knicks add a mid to late first round pick

For some reason i have a feeling Brooke Lopez will struggle in the league. Just don't have too much confidence for this guy.

Oh, also, does anyone know when the deadline is to submit your name for the NBA draft? I was reading the article on Augustin "weighing options" ongoing pro today, and was wondering when they have until.

^Not even close.

Brook is top 5, Robin is mid-1st. Brook is gonna be a problem if he stays healthy and academically eligible (jp on that).

Good for Brook. Not so much for Robin. They don't have to be a package deal everywhere they go, Robin would benefit from staying one more year.

Robin should have stayed, play great next year and let his stock rise and maybe he a lottery pick. Brook is a top 10 pick easily though.

Brook Lopez=Top 10 pick. i put my screen name on the line dude will be. GO RIGHT AHEAD AND SCREEN CAP IT.

and he will also do just fine in the Leauge

Robin on the other hand
grin.gif
should of took his $%+ back to stanford even thohe did have a good tourny

Lopez brothers single handedly carried a bunch of scrubs to the sweet 16 therefore are automatic 1st rounders

someone explain to me how brook lopez=greg ostertag?? have yall even seen him play? he has more offense skills then that bum ostertag ever had in his holecareer. to call him a stiff or soft also is just stupid

Back
Top Bottom