Los Angeles Rams are coming home thread (1/12)

Goff isn't starting because he sucks. Like, he's worse than the QB yall trotted out last night. It's not some conspiracy for draft position.

As a Cal guy I'll always root for Goff and legitimately hope he succeeds but unfortunately, I just don't see it. Was never sold on him at the NFL level and his stock has fallen since camp began.

Last edited:
Goff isn't starting because he sucks. Like, he's worse than the QB yall trotted out last night. It's not some conspiracy for draft position.

As a Cal guy I'll always root for Goff and legitimately hope he succeeds but unfortunately, I just don't see it. Was never sold on him at the NFL level and his stock has fallen since camp began.

So what, Goff is just never gonna play? I never thought he was #1 material at Cal but when you take someone #1 overall and the player ahead of him plays as bad as Keenum did...he needs to play. Maybe not week 2 vs Seattle but definitely by week 3.

* Edited to remove the unnecessary shot at Cal :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have those kind of answers man. I experienced 15 straight seasons of abysmal football operations and I still don't have those kind of answers. :lol:

Maybe playing Goff out of some desperate need for vindication after making a terrible trade followed by an even worse draft pick, is indeed the right move.

Last edited:
You better hope Goff is as trash as you want him to be cuz these posts will be brought up in a couple years :lol:

You got me confused man. I want Goff to succeed. I root for all California players and take pride in how successful they've been at the NFL level in the past 15 years. I'll always trust my intuition though.

BTW, I went on record and was adamant about my feelings on Goff's future the 2nd week of preseason in the NFL thread.

We just gonna act like we aren't 2-1? I was scared we wouldn't win two games all season after the 9ers game 
laugh.gif

Still think we finish with a losing record but a win vs AZ would change my mind. I think this has worked out perfectly for Fisher. He just bought himself at least three more games with keenum at QB. 

Cooper, Gaines, and Spruce all had full practices 
pimp.gif

[quote name="erupt107th"]We just gonna act like we aren't 2-1? I was scared we wouldn't win two games all season after the 9ers game :lol:[/quote]Same. :lol:

Me personally, like I've said, I think Fisher is featuring Tayvon ENTIRELY too much.

[quote name="erupt107th"]We just gonna act like we aren't 2-1? I was scared we wouldn't win two games all season after the 9ers game :lol:
Same. :lol:

Me personally, like I've said, I think Fisher is featuring Tayvon ENTIRELY too much.[/quote]

Hopefully that changes with Cooper and Spruce available this week. I'm expecting PP ro be on Tavon so those two will be important.

I ordered a YG x Rams tee last night: https://teespring.com/search#q=yg rams&p=1

My first Rams gear. :pimp:

Yea, I seent that on the team twitter. Them jawns are nice. The Linkin Park tee would be dope if it didn'5 have Linkin Park in huge font :lol:

[quote name="Oh YoU MaD"]3-1 :nthat:
[/quote]5-7 rest of the way, watch. That Fisher 8-8 special. :lol:

But yeah, 3-1. :smokin :D

Buffalo W
@Det L
NYG L
Car W
@NYJ L
Miami W
@NO L
ATL W
@Sea L
SF W
Ari W

very optimistic by me. I think the Carolina one is the only one I'm not very confident about.

This would be a 9-7 season. Yikes. Had them winning 8 games at most this year. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but this would mean Fisher is staying, and that bums me out.

Last edited:
Buffalo W
@Det L
NYG L
Car W
@NYJ L
Miami W
@NO L
ATL W
@Sea L
SF W
Ari W

very optimistic by me. I think the Carolina one is the only one I'm not very confident about.

This would be a 9-7 season. Yikes. Had them winning 8 games at most this year. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but this would mean Fisher is staying, and that bums me out.
I can see us beating Detroit, the Jets, we always give the Saints trouble, and no reason to believe we can't sweep Seattle again. BUT.. we've been fooled before (every year
laugh.gif
mean.gif
)

let's just get through Buffalo
year**
pimp.gif

Yup, let's just worry about Sunday's game :lol:

I'm enjoying being 3-1 and having the best player in the league (according to PFF). Anyone going to the game?

Standard game for a rams fan. Can;t be disappointed. This is an 8 win team.

I need this heat to disappear. It was damn hot in the Coliseum today. Too much

No Brock, Quinn, and Hayes but we had a chance to win this game... enter Jeff ******* Fisher
mean.gif

Hekk was pinning them deep all game. let the D make a stop, give Austin a shot at a return or maybe even force a turnover.. NOPE. lets run a fake from our own 30 with 4 minutes left and hand them the game. If you're gonna run a fake LET HEKKER THROW IT. don't send someone in motion so they know it's coming and run it right into 7 defenders. what the ****.

and if you're gonna be aggressive, go for it on 4th and goal instead of kicking the FG. if you don't get it, you're still only down 7 and they're pinned at their own 3 and let the defense do work

un ******* believable man I can't take this ****.. this team's too ******* talented to be .500 every year

yeah man, everything you said is spot on and you would think a pro coach with that many years under his belt would feel the same way. It all started with not going for it on 4th down. They should have and if they missed, defense steps in and hope to get a 3 and out. Did you know, at that point, the Rams defense gave up 36 yards in the 2nd half, or something unbelievable like that? So put all your trust in the D and lets pin them back and get some good field position!!

We won't ever be good until the entire coaching staff is fired.

I'm officially done w/ Jeff. I've defended Jeff for years, but I can't anymore.

He is milking that lone SB appearance for all it's worth.

He's not worthless. He is definitely a quality coach, but not if you have championship aspirations.

I firmly believe that he could turn any franchise around inside a 5-year window. Bucs, Bears, any franchise. I believe he could get any squad to 8-8, maybe 9-7. But if you already have a fairly decent squad and you're trying to propel them to an elite level with the hopes of competing for a championship, Jeff is not your guy.

yeah, i've been off the Jeff train for 3 years now. Like you said, if you want to turn around a 4-5 win franchise to 8 wins, he's your guy. But other than that, forget about it.

For a guy thats been around for so long, its strange he doesn't have better connects to help fill his assistant staff.

Anyone watching? 
nerd.gif

2nd offensive possession looked way more fluid than the first. First play, first possession for us, Gurley gets 14. I'm thinking "Nice. Set up the run to open up the pass. Basic. Love it." Very next play, screen to Tayvon behind the line, tackled for a loss. All my positive thoughts went out the window. 
laugh.gif
 I know I'm a broken record, but he is featured WAY too much. We still scored on that first possession, but our second possession was way more balanced.

Banged up, but we should have won this one. Not getting points at the end of the half killed us.

Tate ******* on us. Trumaine get well soon.

Can't eem be too mad at the defense with all the injuries. I think we all knew the Keenum pick was coming 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom