Los Angeles vs San Diego

LA vs SD

• LA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE url="/t/521020/los-angeles-vs-san-diego/30#post_16978524"]
That La attitude people got though is annoying as hell.
Enlighten all of us with what this so called "L.A. attitude" is...
[/quote]

Y'all think your **** don't stink. Every other person try's to put on a gangsta front. But they are all the same. Dress the same. Act the same. Walk the same.
It's ok bro New Yorkers are worse

SD is the ish man. Im planning on moving there eventually.

I wish their teams didn't suck so bad though.

Last edited:
Y'all think your **** don't stink. Every other person try's to put on a gangsta front. But they are all the same. Dress the same. Act the same. Walk the same.
It's ok bro New Yorkers are worse
I love generalizations because they are so accurate.
eyes.gif

San Diego is beautiful, clean, much less traffic and offers a lot to different kinds of people.

But there's only one L.A.

Just had an amazing trip to SD over the Holidays. Really liked the city and the people, so definitely thinking about going there for residency

born and raised in LA (south bay)

In terms of weather, beaches, women, food, etc. theyre pretty much the same. LA has more ethnic areas so that may skew the food/culture argument.

to me personally, it comes down to this: whenever i go to SD it seems like the biggest "town". Dont get me wrong its really nice and a great escape from LA. But i always get the feeling that its only the same spots that are fun, and id end up going to the same places/areas/districts all the time. the beauty of LA is its so sprawling that theres tons of places and things to go/see/do (if you can get there on time :lol:). club in hollywood, shop in santa monica/melrose, manhattan/redondo beach, downtown, chinatown/little tokyo, chill in long beach, dodgers/lakers/clippers/kings etc. Whenever im in SD, its beach -> gaslamp district -> burritos/carne asada fries -> home. Granted a small sample size, but you get me. (and if any SD heads want to chime in on this point, feel free).

So basically, the size and diversity of LA give it the edge over SD, which is a great place to visit/chill at but i dont know if id take it over LA...yet. IMO, of course

PS: the dude asking about persian chicks.....GLENDALE.

edit: for the purposes of this, im including orange county. if Arte Moreno can call them the LA Angels, then i can reverse claim the OC :lol:
-disneyland, newport/huntington beach, westminster for vietnamese food, etc

Last edited:

In terms of weather, beaches, women, food, etc. theyre pretty much the same. LA has more ethnic areas so that may skew the food/culture argument.

to me personally, it comes down to this: whenever i go to SD it seems like the biggest "town". Dont get me wrong its really nice and a great escape from LA. But i always get the feeling that its only the same spots that are fun, and id end up going to the same places/areas/districts all the time. the beauty of LA is its so sprawling that theres tons of places and things to go/see/do (if you can get there on time :lol:). club in hollywood, shop in santa monica/melrose, manhattan/redondo beach, downtown, chinatown/little tokyo, chill in long beach, dodgers/lakers/clippers/kings etc. Whenever im in SD, its beach -> gaslamp district -> burritos/carne asada fries -> home. Granted a small sample size, but you get me. (and if any SD heads want to chime in on this point, feel free).

So basically, the size and diversity of LA give it the edge over SD, which is a great place to visit/chill at but i dont know if id take it over LA...yet. IMO, of course

edit: for the purposes of this, im including orange county. if Arte Moreno can call them the LA Angels, then i can reverse claim the OC :lol:

This seems like the most coherent answer. Born and raised in SD and its really only a few places to go if you're in your 20's. downtown, pacific beach, north park basically for night life then there's just a bunch of beaches and touristy spots. Maybe I'm just over this place. Haha

to me personally, it comes down to this: whenever i go to SD it seems like the biggest "town". Dont get me wrong its really nice and a great escape from LA. But i always get the feeling that its only the same spots that are fun, and id end up going to the same places/areas/districts all the time. the beauty of LA is its so sprawling that theres tons of places and things to go/see/do (if you can get there on time
laugh.gif
). club in hollywood, shop in santa monica/melrose, manhattan/redondo beach, downtown, chinatown/little tokyo, chill in long beach, dodgers/lakers/clippers/kings etc. Whenever im in SD, its beach -> gaslamp district -> burritos/carne asada fries -> home. Granted a small sample size, but you get me. (and if any SD heads want to chime in on this point, feel free).

edit: for the purposes of this, im including orange county. if Arte Moreno can call them the LA Angels, then i can reverse claim the OC
laugh.gif

Finally someone who knows, great break down as well.

Nice , thanks for everyone who responded .

LA looks too big though . I'm from Brooklyn so I'm used to taking the train or walking all of the time .

I'm an L.A native (LBC) that has stayed in Brooklyn many times, worked out there, visits once a year etc. My gf lived in Bk. We both love Bk and have said that Brooklyn is very similar to Long Beach. There are neighborhoods near downtown that really mirror each other.The mixture of ethnicities, local businesses, food spots, hangouts etc... If you looking to move out here, i suggest you look into Long Beach. You can live the whole "LA"/city lifestyle without having to be near Downtown LA, Hollywood etc. If you ever wanna go downtown or to Hollywood, you can take the Metro from LB. Plus the beaches are near by.

Last edited:
It depends on what you want...

If you're in to partying, clubbing, seeing a different crowd every week, I would say LA. SD is pretty small and you will more than likely see the same people all the time. It really doesn't matter where you go, the Gaslamp, La Jolla, North Park, etc, you will run into the same people all the time.

If you're also easily bored, I would recommend LA, there are so much more to do and see compared to SD, from theme parks, shopping, beaches, ethnic areas, LA definitely has the upper hand. Colleges and Universities are the same way. Unless you are majoring in Medicine, UCSD will be the way to go, if you're for a party school, the only one that comes to mind would be SDSU, but LA still better hands down.

Sports, obviously LA has the upper hand.

Girls. About the same, same gassed up-spoiled broads but then again there are tons of beautiful women in both. So I would say its a tie.

Weather. Pretty much the same.

Atmosphere. Like it depends what you want. SD is really laid back compared to LA. Traffic in SD is bearable to non-existent compared to LA. I always find SD folks to be more chill and down to earth compared to LA folks, but then again I'm guessing it's just that "I have to make it big" attitude coming from a bigger, busier city.

Food. LA definitely has a bigger variety just because of all the different ethnic areas in LA, K-town, china town, Japan Town, the area where all the persians are (sorry don't know what its called).

but overall, even though it sounds lopsided and LA is definitely the place for younger folks, but I'm more into the laid-back, simple and chill lifestyle so I chose SD. I lived here for 12 years (moved when i was 18) and I can't see myself living elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom