Losing friendships with people after they have kids unappreciation

You heard me right fella.

Your life is no longer yours.

The moment you brought a life into this world, you live to serve that child and ensure his or her future.

I'm not saying you can't have friends.

But your kids are priority number one.

And your friends likely do not have the time to prioritize you.

It's that simple.

Deal with it.
laugh.gif
 at another person telling me my life is no longer mine, ok buddy......   
maybe they don't wanna be your friend because you have this attitude?

Agreed. This is not rocket science. Obviously when you have kids, they become a responsibility that you have to uphold. The worst part of all is we live in a generation where adults still want to be priority number one. You have to have a balance and one can't be more important than the other. No one said you have to stop living your life when you have kids but if you see that you are not upholding your responsibilities because you have to "go out with the boys", than you obviously need to priorities a little better.
There is a balance, I don't go out 5-6 nights a week.  Don't you live in the city?  Ever since we moved to everyone I know out here is going out to the bars/restaurants downtown or the mission at least.  I've never been a club person but I'm going to have my social life living in the city.  

Only people I talk to I can count on one hand. OP, you's a child b. grow up.
Lost count of the whole "grow up" phrase, most of you don't even know what you mean just think it makes you sound mature or something like that.  Like I said if it means old and boring I'm good 

Last edited:
Only people I talk to I can count on one hand. OP, you's a child b. grow up.
repped. no use arguing with children.

i have a 40 some year old sister who has the same mentality. her most used saying is  i need to have a "life". her kids are older and cant stand her now because they were never a priority to her. always chose dudes and friends over her kids. cant stand her personally either., that karma catching up.  

Last edited:
There is a balance, I don't go out 5-6 nights a week.  Don't you live in the city?  Ever since we moved to everyone I know out here is going out to the bars/restaurants downtown or the mission at least.  I've never been a club person but I'm going to have my social life living in the city.  

But not everyone is going to have time to bro out even a couple nights a week.

The fact that you need your play dates with Tommy Pickles from down the block a few times a week or your lifestyle is compromised, is sad.

Most of the time I hang out with friends its on some impromptu spur of the moment steez.

Nobody got time to sit around and chill every other night.

Folks rather be with the Mrs or spend some QT with the kids.

Or after a day of work just wind down with a show or something.

Get a hobby b, your friends got their priorities, get yours.

Yup. Live in SF.

I mean I get where you are coming from. Out here, there are so many people saying the same thing and I think that is why people are having kids way later or not having kids at all. Plus living in cities are just so enticing in general. After a 8 hour shift, it's not hard to go and get a drink or something to eat just cause it's all within proximity. But I am at a later age now (going to be 34) and honestly it sort of just changes after a while. SF is becoming a young city and when I go to a bar, it's like I am surrounded by kids. So me and my girl are really at the wine and dine phase of our relationship where we only go out for dinner and we want kids within 2 years which means all that will get toned down. Even when we go out to just resturants, it's not the same and honestly I wouldn't mind just chillin' at home now.

This is such a "old head" answer to things but you will understand one day when you get older. I had the same attitude as you and only about 4 years ago but now I am content with my life where if I settled down and just played with my kids, I'd be okay with that.

Last edited:
Yup. Live in SF.

I mean I get where you are coming from. Out here, there are so many people saying the same thing and I think that is why people are having kids way later or not having kids at all. Plus living in cities are just so enticing in general. After a 8 hour shift, it's not hard to go and get a drink or something to eat just cause it's all within proximity. But I am at a later age now (going to be 34) and honestly it sort of just changes after a while. SF is becoming a young city and when I go to a bar, it's like I am surrounded by kids. So me and my girl are really at the wine and dine phase of our relationship where we only go out for dinner and we want kids within 2 years which means all that will get toned down. Even when we go out to just resturants, it's not the same and honestly I wouldn't mind just chillin' at home now.

This is such a "old head" answer to things but you will understand one day when you get older. I had the same attitude as you and only about 4 years ago but now I am content with my life where if I settled down and just played with my kids, I'd be okay with that.

OP 31 tho.

Older than most of us.

^^^^Oh word? I am thinking his username represents his age. In that case......GROW YO OLD *** UP!!! Haha. Kidding, kidding.

But not everyone is going to have time to bro out even a couple nights a week.

The fact that you need your play dates with Tommy Pickles from down the block a few times a week or your lifestyle is compromised, is sad.

Most of the time I hang out with friends its on some impromptu spur of the moment steez.

Nobody got time to sit around and chill every other night.

Folks rather be with the Mrs or spend some QT with the kids.

Or after a day of work just wind down with a show or something.

Get a hobby b, your friends got their priorities, get yours.

everyone entitled to be the type of parent they want to be. if he wants to live a life where his kids are not a priority (sucks for them) but he is entitled to do so.

sucks for his kids tho.

I don't know anybody that has 10 real friends at a time :lol: ...only thing I feel OP on is the airport thing ...if I had that many friends I would feel a lil salty too if not 1 outta 10 could give me a ride to or from the airport :smh: ...**** I only got like 3 or 4 including my bro and we always figure out a way to get somebody places :lol:

I basically disappeared on my friends after I had a kid 
laugh.gif

balancing being a father, school, and work isn't an easy thing......whenever I do get free time I'd rather just drink a brew and watch the games

I do get up w/ them here and there tho but I don't hang out as much as I used too 

Ya'll may be going too hard on OP
laugh.gif

Op, you got 10 friends mayne. You winning. You truly are. But like other people said, as you get older, you develop more and more responsibilities. I feel you over being bummed about not being able to kick it as much, but the thing that's getting me is why is it taking you so long to realize this. I figured all this out when I graduated HS. Isn't that when you first start to lost friends?

The 10 friends left consist of both guys and girls, mostly guys but I'm not used to this.  I mean before I'd never have to use uber/lyft for a ride to the airport because I had so many friends someone was bound to be free to give me a ride.  These last couple of years it's not a guarantee anymore

Yup. Live in SF.

We moved from LA to SD to SF now and I find myself going to the bars even more in SF than LA or SD just due to proximity like you said.   And you're still young, 34 is young and not old.  30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30

Last edited:

Ya'll may be going too hard on OP
laugh.gif

Op, you got 10 friends mayne. You winning. You truly are. But like other people said, as you get older, you develop more and more responsibilities. I feel you over being bummed about not being able to kick it as much, but the thing that's getting me is why is it taking you so long to realize this. I figured all this out when I graduated HS. Isn't that when you first start to lost friends?
No I had more friends in College than after HS, always had more really and things didn't really change on a drastic note until the last 2 years really with the loss of friends.  I mean I guess I still got a group ready to go to EDC, Outside Lands etc. later this year but the way it's trending group will be getting smaller and smaller

Ya'll may be going too hard on OP :lol:

No I had more friends in College than after HS, always had more really and things didn't really change on a drastic note until the last 2 years really with the loss of friends.  I mean I guess I still got a group ready to go to EDC, Outside Lands etc. later this year but the way it's trending group will be getting smaller and smaller

Hold up, whos watchin the kids while youre shootin off to EDC to get high?

Back
Top Bottom