Losing my Mom

Sorry to hear brother, may she rest in Paradise, that’s probably one of the toughest losses a lot of us will face, since we never expect to bury our own kids, but burying our parents seems like the order in which life should go, however is not something we ever want to go through, Ive had my uncle and 2 grandparents pass but that’s after I had been living in the states for 10 years and they were back home, still hit and i was a teen then, my dad passed away when I was 2 so I can’t really remember any pain I felt...now that I’m 36 I just have my mom (60yo) and my grandma (88yo) being an only child I’m pretty tight with them both, but after working in a hospital for 15 years and facing death regularly I’ve come to accept the reality of life IS death, nothing else in life is more certain than that and we will all face it some day, keep your memory of her alive in you, I’m a firm believer that our parents continue to live on through us...never met my father but physically I’m alot like him and also have a lot of his maneurisms and traits....don’t know how old you are or if you have kids yet, but one day you’ll look at your kids and perhaps realize how much of your mom is still alive in them and smile...for now, just mourn however it is that you do it, don’t feel bad if you don’t cry and don’t feel bad if you do...i didn’t cry when I found out about my uncle getting killed, but then I visited Colombia years later and found myself in a little spot we would always go to together where he washed cars for some money and I balled uncontrollably...all the years i didnt mourn him properly due to the distance, came rushing out of me years later, cried myself to sleep...woke up and felt legit LIGHTER.

I’m 30. Also an only child. Speaking of children I don’t have any yet. But she’s been asking me when I was going to give her grandkids or get married. One thing right now that really hurts me is she’s never going to physically get to hold her grand kids or walk with me down the aisle. My cousins started having kids and she loved me nieces and nephews. It’s tough

I’m 30. Also an only child. Speaking of children I don’t have any yet. But she’s been asking me when I was going to give her grandkids or get married. One thing right now that really hurts me is she’s never going to physically get to hold her grand kids or walk with me down the aisle. My cousins started having kids and she loved me nieces and nephews. It’s tough

Bruh Im so ***** sorry about that, I still have my old lady kicking and hopefully for a while, but not being able to give her s grandkid has burden me more than actually struggling to have kids, like I’m at the point that I’ll be content living out my life with my wife without children if it’s not in the cards for us, but I can’t live with the fact that my mom won’t have grandkids so that’s one of the main catalysts for us to keep pushing, the struggles of an only child bro...I’m really sorry.

Sorry for your loss fam. The waves will hit you and keep rolling through. At first they may be like tsunamis, and then as time passes, they'll become more manageable. I'm not sure they ever go away, nor should you want them to. I feel like the waves of grief are evidence of the deep love and affection we had for our loved ones.

NT fam here for you. Rest in paradise.

Bruh Im so ***** sorry about that, I still have my old lady kicking and hopefully for a while, but not being able to give her s grandkid has burden me more than actually struggling to have kids, like I’m at the point that I’ll be content living out my life with my wife without children if it’s not in the cards for us, but I can’t live with the fact that my mom won’t have grandkids so that’s one of the main catalysts for us to keep pushing, the struggles of an only child bro...I’m really sorry.

Thank u my brother! If your happy she’s happy. I’m not married as well. I date here and there but never really had a real relationship until December. And I showed my mom a picture of me n the girl and she get my happiness. And when I would go to family events everyone would ask me about her and I thought “man why is mom telling everyone my business”. Until I realized she felt I was happy and just wanted to let everyone know. Cherish it brother

Sorry for your loss fam. The waves will hit you and keep rolling through. At first they may be like tsunamis, and then as time passes, they'll become more manageable. I'm not sure they ever go away, nor should you want them to. I feel like the waves of grief are evidence of the deep love and affection we had for our loved ones.

NT fam here for you. Rest in paradise.

Well ****** said man, the tears of pain you will spill now, will in fact become tears of joy as you remember your times with her, believe that.

Condolences from the bottom of my heart fam. That’s a loss I can’t even fathom and am truly sympathetic for you and whoever else among the NT family who has experienced it.

May She Rest In Peace.

Sorry for your loss fam

I lost my pops when I was 17 unexpectedly and it still gets to me till this day (16 years later). Like others have said allow yourself to grieve and don't hold back your emotions. As cliche as it sounds I kind of just dealt with each day on it's own. Would keep busy, have my moments of breakdown and then moments of good memories with my dad and start all over. I feel like that was my cycle until the breaking down stopped eventually.

I was fortunate to be able to go through it together with alot of family and close friends though, supporting each other helped alot. Felt like it gave me time to put better energy into my sisters or my mom when they were having their moments and vice versa.

keep your head up and my condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Sorry for your loss, I lost my mom to stage 4 cancer 3 years ago.. I was by her side when she passed.. It hit me as soon as I got back home.. then at the funeral alittle bit, but It was still hard to believe it was real.. I felt guilty after a few months and still till this day sometimes cause it’s kinda like I try not to think about her to much because I can’t help but cry everytime.. but I think about her around holidays,special occasions still.. it’s easier for me when I’m around my other family and friends and we bring up the funny stuff she would say/do.. you’ll look at life different, but remember the good times. Whether you believe in god or not, that persons memory lives on in your heart and your mind.

Sorry I forgot to add something.. they say life is all about perspective, so I feel thankful my mom got to live a little over 50. I know that is still too young to pass away, but some people lose their mom way sooner or maybe don’t even know them. It might ease your pain knowing that it could always be worse, and that you’re never alone in anything.

My condolences. I’m sorry to hear. RIP to your mother and all my sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Sorry I forgot to add something.. they say life is all about perspective, so I feel thankful my mom got to live a little over 50. I know that is still too young to pass away, but some people lose their mom way sooner or maybe don’t even know them. It might ease your pain knowing that it could always be worse, and that you’re never alone in anything.

I appreciate that brother

Thank you guys again for the overwhelming support. Got a few PMs about a few people wanting to help. Don’t wanna turn it into one of those threads. Just wanted to get advice. All the love and support I’m getting is way more than I was expecting. But here’s a link to a GoFundMe my family created. But like I said all the love and advice I’ve been getting is far more than I need.

https://www.gofundme.com/lorivic-cuneta

Last edited:
Lost my grandmother to stomach cancer last week, she was 89, mother of 8
Strongest woman I knew, but we were hoping she would go tbh

As much as I cried and was in pain, she was in untreatable constant pain,

Tbh last 3 years of my life it starts making you lose hope

Sorry man. RIP to your mom.

Take time to grieve and reflect on the good times. Go to therapy if you need to.

I lost my biological pops when I was 12 and I didn't deal with it until I was 19 and went to therapy. I was in a bad state in those 7 years because i didn't know how to deal with his death.

The pain will always be there but you will learn to live with it in due time.

Back
Top Bottom