LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

I got a plot hole. When Jacob and MIB were sitting on the beach talking, we saw a ship that we all thought was the Black Rock coming. But this was a calm clear balmy day. I'm assuming that ship was not the black rock. Just another ship.

I actually noticed that too.  My only guesses are either it wasn't the same ship or that ship was further away than it appeared.

Great episode. I feel bad for Richard but he did screw himself with that "wish I'll never die" request. I kinda want to see Smokey leave to see if he does indeed wreak havoc on the rest of the world but idk Jacob seems just as bad to me. Both of them are playing with everyone's emotions.

laugh.gif
No way in hell that ship broke the statue and why the hell was it so deep into the jungle if it hit the statue, wouldn't it be right there in pieces on the shore?

I wonder how much of this entire story was there from the beginning (the writer's first idea of how Lost would end) and how much was written after the seasons progressed. Seems like the show took a complete 180 after season 4. It seems less about the survivors of a plane crash and more about Good vs Evil. I'm not complaining though, it's f'n brilliantly written.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I got a plot hole. When Jacob and MIB were sitting on the beach talking, we saw a ship that we all thought was the Black Rock coming. But this was a calm clear balmy day. I'm assuming that ship was not the black rock. Just another ship.

I actually noticed that too.  My only guesses are either it wasn't the same ship or that ship was further away than it appeared.
Probably Rousseau's ship.

Great episode. Probably my favorite this season.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

i like when Jacob dunked Richard in the ocean

looked like a Baptism to get rid of all the evils

of the smoke monster

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Probably Rousseau's ship.

Rousseau's ship was waaaaaaaaay more present than that dude.
That beach scene was def before the black rock

I've got another bone to pick with the plot. Dogen and the MIB each gave a human the "excaliber dagger" (my name for it) with a special rule that you must stab the deity of choice prior to them speaking to actually kill them....however; Ben and Jacob reminisced about old times prior to Ben stabbing him with a normal everyday buck knife. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

roll.gif
@  Richard's laugh

Caught me by surprise
laugh.gif
I couldnt help myself, so I decided to watch the opening. And I swear to god, if it turns out that they are actually dead, I'm gonna be
mad.gif

why are you guys talking about the beatdown and baptism at 9:48 pm....that part for us canadians was in the beginning of the show......or was this another beating i forgot about??

did anyone catch when MIB said jacob stole his body??

it seems like MIB is the meanest out of the two but he just wants to leave...and jacob is the prick thats keeping him here just cause.....so whos really the bad guy lol

I hope they explain how Jacob was able to just leave the island whenever he wanted to (ie. visiting all the "candidates") while Smokey had to stay. Who or what was keeping him there if Jacob was gone? Dammit I hope we get answers
laugh.gif

I've got another bone to pick with the plot. Dogen and the MIB each gave a human the "excaliber dagger" (my name for it) with a special rule that you must stab the deity of choice prior to them speaking to actually kill them....however; Ben and Jacob reminisced about old times prior to Ben stabbing him with a normal everyday buck knife. I don't get it.

Yeah I was thinking this too.  Odd.  Maybe there is something about going into the statue that allowed him to kill him there.  Who knows.

FLocke never told Ben to kill him once he saw him. In fact, FLocke had a good talk with Jacob before Ben was even addressed. If the whole don't let them say a word or else you're dead was really true then Ben should've failed from the jump.

The fact that Dogen and MIB said the same thing is some type of literary device that most literature is known for. They do that in LOST A LOT. The amount of ppl who have said "Don't tell me what I can't do!" is crazy among other sayings.

OMG quick lost thought. Now I've always been behind Jacob being the good guy, but quick conjecture tells me what if Richard is Judas. I mean he originally was on MIB side before switching over to Jacob's side, and we now learn that Richard has been told to kill MIB. Also Jacob offering eternal life but not being able to reunite with loved ones (although dead) seems weird. Plus MIB calling Jacob the devil, last supper pic, etc. I dunno I'm still on the Jacob is a good guy train but anyone else like to add to this thought?

Yeah DUDE stuffing is definitely brewing, this episode goes in the top 5 episodes of LOST for me.

AWESOME EPISODE!

EVERYTHING I EXPECTED!

COLLECTING THOUGHTS RIGHT NOW!

Great acting across the board.

This episode was ONE of the best episodes of the series, but I don't think it could be the best especially an hour after it airs. It's gotta sink in.

With that said, I don't think there can be a serious LOST fan that didn't enjoy the hell out of this episode.

yea it wasnt the best ever but it really hit on so many levels - emotionally, moving the plot along, performances, surprises. it was everything i want in an episode of LOST

my fav episode will always be THE CONSTANT - where Desmond is jumping back and forth in time. im still waiting for a Desmond episode this season

Back
Top Bottom