LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

wait wait wait....
in all 5 seasons, this is the FIRST TIME the show ended by going white instead of black....

Time flash... to Jacob's time (think of the first scene)?

So, does this mean they killed off Juliet? Because my heart is broken if they did.

Seeing her still alive had me smile, but when she set off the bomb, I went back to being sad.
laugh.gif

I CAN SWEET!

You guys should definitely re-read this entire thread. Good stuff througout and answers some of your questions y'all are asking now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

8. I don't think the statue was Anubis. It's Taweret. It has the head of a hippo.
it was the Taweret the demon-wife of Apep. Apep seems to be the smoke monster, and its speculated that Apep must have been an earlier creator, andchief god, thus explaining why he had so much enmity towards Ra (Jacob) ?

from Lostpedia.com

My hand is still shaking as I type these words. Not because I was playing a drinking game based on the number of times Phil annoyed me, but because the lastmoments of the finale were so intense -- leading Lost to have the only fade-to-white that it has ever had. It was one of the most shocking moments of Lost. Notonly had a five-year constant suddenly become a variable, but we had been left with the biggest cliffhanger yet on the show -- even bigger than seasonthree's amazing season ender.

Before we get into the meat and potatoes of this episode, I just thought I'd point out the funniest part of the episode to me: the death of Eyebrows(rarely known as Phil). He had been a thorn in the Losties' side for far too long, and it was great to see him get speared through the chest with amagnetically-driven pole. Farewell, Clippy/Eyebrows/Phil. We knew you too well.

And that's not the half of this wonderful episode, which was two full hours worth of action, emotion, and Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. I was quite surprised to seeJacob's heavy role in the lives of the survivors, but pleasantly so. I'm interested to discover the importance of these events, some of which left mewondering why exactly Jacob was even there (i.e. Locke's fall -- Why did Jacob need to be there?).

And then we have the elusive Jacob's enemy, a new character and perhaps the big villain of the show from here on out, who just happens to be masqueradingas our favorite bald hunter. The character is ruthless and interesting, and could perhaps be the show's only clear-cut antagonist (along with Keamy, ofcourse). We didn't even get the name of this baddie, but I'm sure we can all come up with some great nicknames to call him (much like the nicknameFenry, Flocke comes to mind). But that makes me wonder -- is this new enemy the smoke monster incarnate? He possesses the monster's ability to animate (orcopy) dead people. Was he manipulating Christian's body? Was he using Yemi as a puppet for Eko? Has he been there all along, and we just didn't know itwas him? This seems to make more sense, considering the black and white garb of Jacob and his enemy. Maybe Jacob is the bright light that Locke saw in seasonone?

Speaking of dead people, who else was sad to see Sayid get shot? Of course, Roger did have some vindication, but in that moment I really wanted Jack to shootRoger (even though I knew it wasn't going to happen. Because we already saw Roger die in the DHARMA bus! Whatever happened, happened, right?

Wrong! Juliet made that perfectly clear in the final moments of the episode, in one of the most amazing scenes ever played on television. Juliet, having beensucked down the shaft and grievously (probably mortally) wounded, slammed a rock into Jughead's core and set it off, leaving the screen to fade to whiteominously.

What happened? Will probably be the most debated question over the break. Will the Losties reset themselves, and land in LA? If so, how can the show go on foranother year? How can the show follow up such a wonderful ending? The questions are numerous, but I think one thing is for certain: we'll see Jack, Kate,Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, Hurley, Jin, and Sayid all next year.

Other things I liked about the episode: the reveal of the statue in its full prime (though we still did not get to see its front). The statue is of Taweret,the Egyptian goddess of fertility. And living under her is...Jacob. Therefore, the answer to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue," isJacob, or, as Richard put it in Latin, "He who will protect us."

Also great: We finally saw why Pierre Chang had a prosthetic arm -- it was crushed in the Incident. Miles' cry of "Dad!" was also great, showingthat Miles is finally getting his father figure, even if it is thirty years too late.

We also seemed to get the answer to whom Ilana and Bram work for: Jacob. Jacob visited Ilana after a horrible accident which left her severely bandaged in ahospital, and recruited her to work for him. The question that's left now is, how did she know him before? She said she was happy to see him...was he herlover? Ancestor? What?

I know that I've left quite a lot out of this review, but we've got a long break ahead of us to discuss every little detail. So stick with theLostpedia blog through the hiatus for the latest deconstructions and examinations of "The Incident, Parts 1 & 2.

What I think a lot of us are missing is the fact that Richard is in both timelines. So far, he's the only person on the show to be in 77 and 07. Thatleaves a big "loophole" in everything that can or has happened.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

What I think a lot of us are missing is the fact that Richard is in both timelines. So far, he's the only person on the show to be in 77 and 07. That leaves a big "loophole" in everything that can or has happened.
I don't believe so. I just think Richard has literally been on the island the whole time and doesn't age due Jacob. That's what hetold Locke anyway, so that's kinda the only evidence we really have to go by at this point.

Everything That Rises Must Converge is a collection of short stories written by Flannery O'Connor during her final illness. The title of the collection andof the short story is taken from a passage from the work of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.[1][2] The collection was published posthumously in 1965. It includes anintroduction by Robert Fitzgerald, and nine stories:

Stories

* "Everything That Rises Must Converge"
* "Greenleaf"
* "A View of the Woods"
* "The Enduring Chill"
* "The Comforts of Home"
* "The Lame Shall Enter First"
* "Revelation"
* "Parker's Back"
* "Judgment Day"

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Everything That Rises Must Converge is a collection of short stories written by Flannery O'Connor during her final illness. The title of the collection and of the short story is taken from a passage from the work of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.[1][2] The collection was published posthumously in 1965. It includes an introduction by Robert Fitzgerald, and nine stories:

Stories

* "Everything That Rises Must Converge"
* "Greenleaf"
* "A View of the Woods"
* "The Enduring Chill"
* "The Comforts of Home"
* "The Lame Shall Enter First"
* "Revelation"
* "Parker's Back"
* "Judgment Day"

Son, it's 3:30 over here. I can't deal with that right now. I definitely need to go to sleep.
eek.gif
roll.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

OK, caught up with the thread. Some posts that stood out and I feel like replying to...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Why Eko was killed at all?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
... he was that dude

Because Eko couldnt be persuaded to the evil(?) side.
Originally Posted by Master Zik

Hurley is Jacob's golden boy.
Which explains when 'the island' tried to get Hurley to off himself.
Also, earlier today on a SciFi repeat, it was the episode where Jack saw his father and then almost ran off a cliff. So that means Jack is part of Jacobs teamtoo
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Hmmm. Anyone have any theories as to what these stories have to do with LOST?

Y'ALL ARE KILLING ME SO BAD KEEPING THIS THREAD ON THE FIRST PAGE.

THE TEMPTATION IS TOO MUCH...GOT ME WANTING TO TAKE A PEEK...

mad.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, I'm better than that though, I can control myself...seasonfinale must have been piff if this jumped that many pages
pimp.gif
...I'mstill on my OG plan of waiting for the DVD to come out so I can watch Season 5 and finally run through this thread...next season will be the first I watch weekby week, I don't know how y'all can handle the wait with a show like Lost.
laugh.gif

Crazy word man, I'm tired and my body is in pain from working out and all this LOST stuff is flooding my mind with thoughts and Juliet may be dead, Ican't deal with it.
laugh.gif

You should consider watching it online.

So everyone noticed that once Juliet hit the bomb and the white light came on, and the show was over, they quickly flashed to Jack waking up again!

But where? What year?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm sayin, Juliet may be gone, but her clevage shall never leave us.
pimp.gif

WORD.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been thinking about LOST for the past 3-4 hours. CRAZY.

So what does everyone think about the white flash at the end? Time travel to the PRESENT? or the PAST?

Anyone watch Attack of the Show tonight? Apparently they interviewed the LOST producers and what to expect with the show. I'll post in here again when thatinterview comes up, I missed it the first time around.

If the interview is interesting I'll try to find a link.

Also, earlier today on a SciFi repeat, it was the episode where Jack saw his father and then almost ran off a cliff. So that means Jack is part of Jacobs team too
I watched that ep today too but who says the island did that? What if it was this guy who wants to kill Jacob? If he can posses ppl and has Smokeyon his side who says he can't make a few losties hallucinate or have a dream or two? I'm not sure anymore if the island directly giving these dreams tothe losties cold just be Jacob or the other guy.

Speaking of White Rabbit though, a glaring continuity error there. First scene on island charlie says he can't swim. Fast forward to S3 finale, he'stalking about the swimming championships he won and shh. Like $%%?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude basically contributed to ol girl's death. Immajust assume heroin is a helluva drug, talkin about he can't swim
laugh.gif
70-80 days later homey swimming to underwater DHARMA stations

Anyone remember when they kept flashing into random times continuously... I think they flashed at one point when they were being chased in the canoes... wasthis during the Black Rock timeline? Could they have flashed back to that timeline?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Also, earlier today on a SciFi repeat, it was the episode where Jack saw his father and then almost ran off a cliff. So that means Jack is part of Jacobs team too
I watched that ep today too but who says the island did that? What if it was this guy who wants to kill Jacob? If he can posses ppl and has Smokey on his side who says he can't make a few losties hallucinate or have a dream or two? I'm not sure anymore if the island directly giving these dreams to the losties cold just be Jacob or the other guy.

smh, thats what I meant. Not the island. Black shirt wanted Jack dead.

Back
Top Bottom