LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Foe: Morning
Jacob: Morning
Foe: Mind if I join you?
Jacob: Please. Want some fish?
Foe: (shakes head) Thank you. I just ate.
Jacob: I take it you're here because of the ship.
Foe: I am. How did they find the island?
Jacob: You'll have to ask them when they get here.
Foe: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong aren't you?
Jacob: You are wrong.
Foe: Am I? They come, fight. They destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: If it only ends once, anything that happens before that is just progress.
Foe: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?
Jacob: Yes.
Foe: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.
Jacob: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.
Foe: Always nice talking to you, Jacob.
Jacob: Nice talking to you, too.

THATS ALL FOLKS. Hit the post limit. I'll be back in the morning.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Something I find to be a glaring error, maybe a continuity one that's been overlooked is Richard claims to see all of the losties in '77 die. Unlessthey're gonna show him floating above them all in S6 I don't see where they hid him at this point. Plus he should be carrying Eloise back to camp.Exactly how does he see them all die then? Makes one think if that white flash does anything and maybe it's gonna be like when Des turned the fail safe andthey're just gonna appear back at the Swan site and then Rad is gonna come through executioner style
laugh.gif
Doubt it but something needs to be explained about why Richard thinks theredead when he knows in 2004 they were all on the island.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Foe: Morning
Jacob: Morning
Foe: Mind if I join you?
Jacob: Please. Want some fish?
Foe: (shakes head) Thank you. I just ate.
Jacob: I take it you're here because of the ship.
Foe: I am. How did they find the island?
Jacob: You'll have to ask them when they get here.
Foe: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong aren't you?
Jacob: You are wrong.
Foe: Am I? They come, fight. They destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: If it only ends once, anything that happens before that is just progress.
Foe: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?
Jacob: Yes.
Foe: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.
Jacob: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.
Foe: Always nice talking to you, Jacob.
Jacob: Nice talking to you, too.
It's all cyclical. Jacob has been bringing groups of people to the island since the beginning of time perhaps. Like I said in the small bookthat I wrote above
happy.gif
, Jacob rounded up the group and got them to come onthe black rock just like he got the Losties to come on flight 815.

One other thing I didn't mention in my book above. Richard verified that Ellie was the leader of the Others at the time, not Charles Widmore. You know thathad to eat at him.

Ho-ly-@!+@.

This finale delivered and some. Some thoughts as they come to me...
Juliet falling
frown.gif

Juliet living
happy.gif

Setting off the nuke
tired.gif

Sayid getting shot
ohwell.gif

Jack and Sawyer trading punches
pimp.gif

Phil getting railed through the chest
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Radzinsky still alive
mad.gif

Biggest thought,
I called the whole 'Locke is Smokey and using that body to get to Jacob, cause they're in a time-long battle' thing, while I was taking a dumpduring a commercial break during the first hour. Bathroom thinking ftw
pimp.gif

Just wasnt expecting Jacob to actually DIE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Time to read the thread.

The best part was Jack and his Jesus aim, dude murks on a whim.

The part I wondered about was how Rose and Bernard were going hippie in the jungle for 3 years scrounging up food, and still being fat. Bernard actually lookeda lot fatter.

Originally Posted by 18key

Ho-ly-@!+@.

This finale delivered and some. Some thoughts as they come to me...
Juliet falling
frown.gif

Juliet living
happy.gif

Setting off the nuke
tired.gif

Sayid getting shot
ohwell.gif

Jack and Sawyer trading punches
pimp.gif

Phil getting railed through the chest
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Radzinsky still alive
mad.gif

Biggest thought,
I called the whole 'Locke is Smokey and using that body to get to Jacob, cause they're in a time-long battle' thing, while I was taking a dump during a commercial break during the first hour. Bathroom thinking ftw
pimp.gif

Just wasnt expecting Jacob to actually DIE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Time to read the thread.

I am on some other stuff right now.... Locke took the form of the black smoke...Is it possible in ANY way, that when Sayid shot Ben and Richard took him in asa boy that Ben is the reincarnate of Jacob already? Or has something to do with the white aka good?

Here are my updated, thoughts/musings as of 5/14 1:22AM.

So many things running through my head. I really think I have quite a bit figured out though. Of course, I may be way off.

1. All of the dead people we have seen, all the ghosts, the black horse kate saw, etc. etc. etc. The man on the beach with Jacob, John Locke (since his death),Christian Shepard (on the island) have ALL BEEN THE BLACK SMOKE!

2. The "loop hole" is that the non-living (THE SMOKE MONSTER) cannot KILL Jacob. It had to find a loop hole. The loop hole being a living person. Thesmoke monster had to manipulate a living person into killing Jacob, and it finally did in the person of Benjamin Linus.

3. While Jacob lived in the cabin, he surrounded the cabin with that circle of black ash (perhaps some PERSON'S ashes) which apparently repelled the smokemonster. Remember back when Locke/Hurley and crew found the cabin earlier, they made sure to note the break in the circle. This allowed the smoke monster toget through and pose as Christian Shepard inside the cabin.

4. This whole thing has been Jacob vs. the Smoke Monster....THE WHOLE THING! We got in on the ground floor tonight when the guy on the beach said he was goingto kill him. They've spent all this time in a back and forth struggle. Widmore just complicates things. He wants the island for his own personal reasons.

5. Rose and Bernard are the skeletons in the cave. When the bomb goes off, they seek shelter in the cave, and die there.

6. Desmond and Hurley are on a different level and still factor into this. I can't put my finger on it, but I know they do.

7. Remember, when the Black Rock was off in the distance at the beginning, that had the ancestors of Alvar Hanso on it, further proving true the major spoilernyknicks provided us with about the Dharma initiative. Alvar wasn't at all interested in science. The DeGroots did get a little free research out ofit...lol. It will be interesting to see the actual story behind the Black Rock's arrival. I'm sure it was just another group that Jacob rounded up tobring to the island, but since he couldn't bring them by plane (obviously), he brought them by ship.

8. I don't think the statue was Anubis. It's Taweret. It has the head of a hippo.

9. The smoke monster, in the form of Christian Shepard told Locke he had to die. Not to get back to the island to "save everybody," but to eliminatehim so it (the smoke monster) could take his (John Locke's) form and manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.

10. I have another theory. The other Ajira passengers are either VERY OLD or are decendents of those from the very early days of the island. And theyapparently had the job of finding a "candidate" to take Jacob's place once he's dead. Hence the reason, Jacob met with Alana in the hospital.They were aware of the ramifications of the break in the ash ring at the cabin. Also during this scene, we see another clearer picture of Taweret on the pieceof carpet/tapestry taken from the cabin.

11. If you have it taped, go back and watch the non-bomb scenes. The scenes with Locke/Smokey and the opening scene are monumental in this series' history.The opening scene laid out the ground work that would become the future of the island. It was good (Jacob in his white shirt) meeting evil (Smokey, in his darkshirt). The scenes with Locke/Smokey, Richard, Ben etc. give away bigtime tidbits of info. At one point, Ben explains that his dead daughter (the smoke monsterin Alex form) threatened to destroy him if he didn't do everything Locke said. Locke then stops him and says "wait when did this happen." Benreplies, "when we went to see the monster." Locke, "so...you're willing to do whatever I say no matter what it is?"Ben..."yes." It's at that point that Locke/Smokey knows he has his loop hole. Jacob has been doing all the could throughout the history of theisland to prevent Smokey from finding the loophole. Even going as far as saving Locke when he was thrown out of the building. He didn't make it in time tostop Ben from REALLY killing him though.

12. Another big scene is where they come up to the old Oceanic Camp. Locke/smokey tells them all to rest because they're "going to need it for what hehas planned for them."
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

13. John Locke/Smokey tricked them all. They all bought it, hook, line, and sinker....even Richard Alpert. He knew how it worked. ONLY THE LEADER could requestan audience with Jacob. Locke/smokey manipulated him though by accusing him of making the rules as he went and Richard fell for it, thus planting the finalpiece allowing the loop hole mentioned way back in the 1800's in the first scene to happen.

14. When Richard answered the question of what lies in the shadow of the statue and Alana showed him Locke's body, he knew that he'd been duped. ThisENTIRE EPISODE was basically a race to see who could get to the finish first. Could Jacob's assembled group of people get the bomb detonated before Smokeycould get the "loop hole" (Ben) to kill Jacob. THAT'S WHAT WE WILL FIND OUT NEXT SEASON!!!! DID THE BOMB GO OFF BEFORE BEN KILLED JACOB???

15. With his dying breath, Jacob said, "they're coming." Meaning the Ajira crew were coming with a candidate to take his place. That's whyLocke shoved him in the fire so hastily. He has to stop them from instating a new "Jacob" or else he'll have to find a loop hole all over again.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Okay so somebody tell me how there where 2 John Locke's?....I dont get it
gottagitdemjs pretty much summed it up, he is on point.

smokin.gif
Season Finale. We have to wait until January
ohwell.gif

It's funny how at the beginning everyone was saying John had found a Brand New swag
laugh.gif

and come to find out he's dead and is a Brand New Person
laugh.gif

I missed the first 30 mins. and DVR didn't catch it for me. The ABC site only has last week's ep. up so far. Anyone know where I can go to watch the first half hour?

I think Ben is a reincarnate of Jacob and Widmore was a reincarnate of the black smoke at some point...
In the life and times of jeremy bentham Widmore tells locke that a war is coming and you have to be on the right side. Widmore somehow knew that Locke was'the loophole'
It goes back to the other season when Ben told Widmore that he couldn't kill him...it goes back to the loophole...

That's deep gottagitdemjs! I think you're right on point though. This episode was beyond epic. I loved every minute of it. The whole time Jacobmanipulating the Losties into continuing the time loop. It's 11:38 p.m. here in CA and I have to be at work in 4 hours but it was well worth it! The teasercommercial for next season broke my heart though....2010! FTL! Good night everyone!

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Here are my updated, thoughts/musings as of 5/14 1:22AM.

So many things running through my head. I really think I have quite a bit figured out though. Of course, I may be way off.

1. All of the dead people we have seen, all the ghosts, the black horse kate saw, etc. etc. etc. The man on the beach with Jacob, John Locke (since his death), Christian Shepard (on the island) have ALL BEEN THE BLACK SMOKE!

2. The "loop hole" is that the non-living (THE SMOKE MONSTER) cannot KILL Jacob. It had to find a loop hole. The loop hole being a living person. The smoke monster had to manipulate a living person into killing Jacob, and it finally did in the person of Benjamin Linus.

3. While Jacob lived in the cabin, he surrounded the cabin with that circle of black ash (perhaps some PERSON'S ashes) which apparently repelled the smoke monster. Remember back when Locke/Hurley and crew found the cabin earlier, they made sure to note the break in the circle. This allowed the smoke monster to get through and pose as Christian Shepard inside the cabin.

4. This whole thing has been Jacob vs. the Smoke Monster....THE WHOLE THING! We got in on the ground floor tonight when the guy on the beach said he was going to kill him. They've spent all this time in a back and forth struggle. Widmore just complicates things. He wants the island for his own personal reasons.

5. Rose and Bernard are the skeletons in the cave. When the bomb goes off, they seek shelter in the cave, and die there.

6. Desmond and Hurley are on a different level and still factor into this. I can't put my finger on it, but I know they do.

7. Remember, when the Black Rock was off in the distance at the beginning, that had the ancestors of Alvar Hanso on it, further proving true the major spoiler nyknicks provided us with about the Dharma initiative. Alvar wasn't at all interested in science. The DeGroots did get a little free research out of it...lol. It will be interesting to see the actual story behind the Black Rock's arrival. I'm sure it was just another group that Jacob rounded up to bring to the island, but since he couldn't bring them by plane (obviously), he brought them by ship.

8. I don't think the statue was Anubis. It's Taweret. It has the head of a hippo.

9. The smoke monster, in the form of Christian Shepard told Locke he had to die. Not to get back to the island to "save everybody," but to eliminate him so it (the smoke monster) could take his (John Locke's) form and manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.

10. I have another theory. The other Ajira passengers are either VERY OLD or are decendents of those from the very early days of the island. And they apparently had the job of finding a "candidate" to take Jacob's place once he's dead. Hence the reason, Jacob met with Alana in the hospital. They were aware of the ramifications of the break in the ash ring at the cabin. Also during this scene, we see another clearer picture of Taweret on the piece of carpet/tapestry taken from the cabin.

11. If you have it taped, go back and watch the non-bomb scenes. The scenes with Locke/Smokey and the opening scene are monumental in this series' history. The opening scene laid out the ground work that would become the future of the island. It was good (Jacob in his white shirt) meeting evil (Smokey, in his dark shirt). The scenes with Locke/Smokey, Richard, Ben etc. give away bigtime tidbits of info. At one point, Ben explains that his dead daughter (the smoke monster in Alex form) threatened to destroy him if he didn't do everything Locke said. Locke then stops him and says "wait when did this happen." Ben replies, "when we went to see the monster." Locke, "so...you're willing to do whatever I say no matter what it is?" Ben..."yes." It's at that point that Locke/Smokey knows he has his loop hole. Jacob has been doing all the could throughout the history of the island to prevent Smokey from finding the loophole. Even going as far as saving Locke when he was thrown out of the building. He didn't make it in time to stop Ben from REALLY killing him though.

12. Another big scene is where they come up to the old Oceanic Camp. Locke/smokey tells them all to rest because they're "going to need it for what he has planned for them."
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

13. John Locke/Smokey tricked them all. They all bought it, hook, line, and sinker....even Richard Alpert. He knew how it worked. ONLY THE LEADER could request an audience with Jacob. Locke/smokey manipulated him though by accusing him of making the rules as he went and Richard fell for it, thus planting the final piece allowing the loop hole mentioned way back in the 1800's in the first scene to happen.

14. When Richard answered the question of what lies in the shadow of the statue and Alana showed him Locke's body, he knew that he'd been duped. This ENTIRE EPISODE was basically a race to see who could get to the finish first. Could Jacob's assembled group of people get the bomb detonated before Smokey could get the "loop hole" (Ben) to kill Jacob. THAT'S WHAT WE WILL FIND OUT NEXT SEASON!!!! DID THE BOMB GO OFF BEFORE BEN KILLED JACOB???

15. With his dying breath, Jacob said, "they're coming." Meaning the Ajira crew were coming with a candidate to take his place. That's why Locke shoved him in the fire so hastily. He has to stop them from instating a new "Jacob" or else he'll have to find a loop hole all over again.

i was gonna make a write up of what i think of the episode but you pretty much nailed everything that i wanted to say...so thanks....

furthermore... whatever jacob was stiching is very relevant... but we dont know what it is yet dammit....

anyone else feel violated locke wasnt even locke ? lol

i noticed jacob touched everyone physically like he had to in every flashback he had with the main chars

could i be reaching if when jacob said theyre coming...he meant those in the 70's would come back to present time?

there are also some clues that i noticed in this episode...

1. the book jacob was reading when locke fell was written by some guy name WALT ___ ( i dont know the last name)

2. Jack trying to buy an Apollo chocolate bar.... come on..... Apollo really like the Sun God.

3. Juliet flashback when her parents where breaking up there was a book on the table called Ancient Worlds... or something like that...

thats all for now... rewatching it again tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom