LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

You know what I think we all missed?

Why does Widmore even know where Hawking is at that time, when the last time we saw her in L.A. she was HELPING BEN?!?

Unless, of course, she isn't really Daniels mother. Either that, or theres some trickery going on.

My head hurts.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

You know what I think we all missed?

Why does Widmore even know where Hawking is at that time, when the last time we saw her in L.A. she was HELPING BEN?!?

My head hurts.
Because if based on the theory most people like to go with at this point...Ellie=Eloise. Eloise=Mrs Hawkings. "Ellie" (the girl takingDaniel to Jughead) would be on the Island with Widmore in the 50's and somehow they get off the island. They keep in touch or whatever. He just knows whereshe is.

Right, but in this type of conflict between Ben and Widmore? How can she play both sides like that? Wouldn't she be hate Ben as well?

Right, but in this type of conflict between Ben and Widmore? How can she play both sides like that? Wouldn't she be hate Ben as well?
How do we know Widmore and Hawking/Ellie don't hate each other right now though? Things could of happened in the past to break them apart.They both seem like very determined people.

SMH @ Drama giving out false hope like that though.
tired.gif
tired.gif
4 toes will NEVER be explained.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tonights episode was damn good. Widmore being on the island made the episode for me along with dialogue between Locke and Alpert.

Crazy EBW that theory you posted on the horse and Kate....if that is true it will be very interesting. Good stuff!!

My sons....I've just gotten home from a Lost watching party....yes, I said a Lost watchng party.....ha ha. I don't think I'll do it anymore becausethe people I watched it with weren't into it as deeply as I am.

Anywho, I've read through the responses in this thread about tonight's ep. and I can't believe no one has asked where "Archie" is. Iwouldn't think they would name a bomb "Jughead" unless it had a counterpart named "Archie." For you young bucks, Archie and Jughead wasa comic that was popular in the 1950's. So....I don't know if it's important or not, but my question from this episode, is.....Where is Archie?

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

My sons....I've just gotten home from a Lost watching party....yes, I said a Lost watchng party.....ha ha. I don't think I'll do it anymore because the people I watched it with weren't into it as deeply as I am.

Anywho, I've read through the responses in this thread about tonight's ep. and I can't believe no one has asked where "Archie" is. I wouldn't think they would name a bomb "Jughead" unless it had a counterpart named "Archie." For you young bucks, Archie and Jughead was a comic that was popular in the 1950's. So....I don't know if it's important or not, but my question from this episode, is.....Where is Archie?
I don't think it's important. I wanna just say that it's called Jughead for the hell of itand that it's the only bomb. I would think Alpert would know about it. Who knows though? Definitely a nice pickup. Maybe it's just a shoutout but itcould honestly go either way.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

How do we know Widmore and Hawking/Ellie don't hate each other right now though? Things could of happened in the past to break them apart. They both seem like very determined people.

SMH @ Drama giving out false hope like that though.
tired.gif
tired.gif
4 toes will NEVER be explained.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm saying, The producers went out of their way to include it...They actually had to build a statue...
laugh.gif

It was even originally supposed to have 6 toes, But ABC execs said that was too weird and made them change it. The producers said they didn't care, As longas it didn't have 5 toes.

So that tells me they're trying to get across a point with the statue, And it will be explained...

I guess it will be thrown in with some quick comment Alpert or Ben says in a conversation that everyone picks up on like"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". Almost like an easter egg to us telling us why it's there. I sure damn hope so.

I'm going to bed. I'm LOST out for the night. I'm gonna hit the post limit soon anyways.
laugh.gif

Anyone still have that "huge spoiler" that was posted about a year ago that explained the answer to the entire show?

Yeah, I want to read that right now.

EDIT: Also, did anyone else hate that girl with the gun in tonight's episode? For some strange reason, I couldn't stand the way she talked.

Alex

Another thing. Since Desmond manifested a "new" memory of Farraday when Farraday contacted him in the past, did current day Widmore manifest a"new" memory of John Locke by meeting him in the 50's on the island?

Another thing. Since Desmond manifested a "new" memory of Farraday when Farraday contacted him in the past, did current day Widmore manifest a "new" memory of John Locke by meeting him in the 50's on the island?
eek.gif
My brain hurts, i'm done for the night
smh.gif

The Black Horse theory has been around for the longest. It's on the more concrete ones. Also, to make things clear. There isn't one specific theorythat's right. There can be multiple theories that are all right at the same time.

Dont mind me Im about to ramble alot, I hope it makes sense. Im trying to fit all my thoughts. If anyone even reads this lol.

I have to rewatch this today. I was trying to catch stuff in Widmores office but I was too focused on the convo.
I want to quote a lot of peoples comments.
The black horse theory is crazy. I do remember someting like that being said before though, about the mind creating something
to help you understand what you are seeing.
Something like 2 beings can not inhabit the same time/space. But that still not a perfect theory. Because werent the rabbits both in the room
at the same time.

I dont think its so much as Hawking and Widmore keeping in touch as in he is keeping taps on people. He seems to have limitless resources.
I really think he WAS the leader at some point like Ben. Having the ability to go back and forth from the Island. And making big money off the Island. I saythis because if it took him 20 years to find. That would be about the early 80s let say 1983. Penny looks like she grew up in money.
So he has the money in 84 to look for the island. He must have done something. Also about 20 years ago is when Ben killed off the Dharma Initiative. Which alsomeans that Ben probably does have access to 3.2 Million to give to Miles.
Thats it! I think
laugh.gif
. In the seventies Widmore helped the DharmaInitiative get to the island and get started. He was exploiting the Island.

The longer you are on the Island the less you age.In 1954 Richard looks the same but also Jacob is ALREADY this mysterious powerful person. Meaning the Islandis really old. And that the H-bomb did not make the Island special. It WAS special. Plus Richard talking about choosing the leader means that it is a Longstanding tradtion. Also if the US Govt landed there it means the Island obviously wasnt invisible. The Others probably never turned the wheel or even knew thatthe Island could time travel. Dharma did all that digging to get to the big wooden wheel.
its possible there was a hidden path to it. But it could have been hidden from the Others since the days of Jacob.

Im not sure, but I dont remember if H-bombs were really magnetic. Maybe its power plus the Islands natural Magnetism = Desmond saving the world by ventingeither the bomb or the magnet. The question is was which one was the fail safe?

I was wrong about saying that the Bomb had anything to do with Changs energy data. His data was for the Orchid and the swan hatch looks like where the bomb wasput.

Feel free to critique.

Lot's of great stuff from this GREAT episode. Also, opened up a lot more questions as always.
mad.gif

Here are a few ramblings from me:

--So now, what originally came first, Locke telling Richard he needs to see him when he's born. Or, Richard knowing Locke is the future leader. If this isnot Lockes past how could that possible happen? Faraday said you can't change the past.... I'm still very confused on this.
ohwell.gif

--I think my idea of them going to/ being in the future is now totally false

--Widmore being a Soldier and an Other
eek.gif

--Faradays Mom (possibly) an Other
--The wispers possibly being themselves in time travel
--The H-Bomb possibly being the reason for the hatch
-- Faraday turning into THAT dude

--So, the Island was a place for the US to test bombs, then the Others (British soldiers?), then Dahrma. How did they find it? Why can't people find itnow?

edit---- quiktoflip --- nice stuff!!!

I think locke telling richard came first of course...
that would be one of the reasons richard was angered at locks choices.

and the black horse theory explains a lot, like why the bird was saying hurleys name.

I think farreday has something to do with the 108 minute reset. I think it also may be the way they fix themselves in time.

One more thing....hey I'm posting them as they come to me lol....Farraday told Sawyer you can't change the past. I don't think he told him thatbecause it's physically not possible, but because he didn't want him doing anything to screw stuff up even worse. I say this because from whatwe've seen the past couple weeks, Farraday has been doing his fair share of meddling with the past.

^^ That's true. And I think that's what keeps throwing me off, was him saying that. But, your right he has been doing stuff himself.

But, if Locke just now told Richard he was the future leader how did it already happen?

I was into lost the first 3 season but missed all of season 4... Im LOST as to whats going on... I seen it last night but was out the loop...

can I get some clifnotes to catch me up to speed????

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I was into lost the first 3 season but missed all of season 4... Im LOST as to whats going on... I seen it last night but was out the loop...

can I get some clifnotes to catch me up to speed????
You shouldn't have done that fam...Should've just watched Season 4...
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

All I can say is check this out.
One more thing....hey I'm posting them as they come to me lol....Farraday told Sawyer you can't change the past. I don't think he told him that because it's physically not possible, but because he didn't want him doing anything to screw stuff up even worse. I say this because from what we've seen the past couple weeks, Farraday has been doing his fair share of meddling with the past.
Same with Hawking telling Desmond he couldn't change anything, When clearly he can. She just told him that to get him to keep pressing thebutton.

Good observations quiktoflip and Cadillac.

53126a57de8b6dafdba4f58f8f396627.jpg

unconfirmed spoilers
Spoiler [+]
ellie is daniels mother but not ms hawking.

will we ever see Danielle Rousseau again?
Alive, no. But yes we will see her past story, how she got to the island and what for, and what happened to her crew etc...and maybe even a bit more.

On the island, back in the 50's or early 60's he is chosen as "the leader", and get's too cocky and arrogant - as you can already see in S5E3 he thinks it's his island. Richard and Jacob see this, so they choose Ben to be the new leader and raise him.

Sometime later we'll see Ben somehow tricking Widmore into pushing the frozen donkey wheel for whatever reason. This is why Widmore hates Ben (he stole his island) and is why he is having trouble getting back to the island.

there is a flash in the next episode, locke sawyer etc are moved to sometime at night.

They see a beam of light in the distance, and its when locke banged on the hatch door and desmond turned on the lights in the mirror thing.

They start running towards it, but they can't get there before they flash again, then they are back in the 70's when dharma are setting up, and they can hear motors and construction equipment etc in the distance, they run over to it and see the dharma building othersville, then it ends and comes up lost.

Another thing. Since Desmond manifested a "new" memory of Farraday when Farraday contacted him in the past, did current day Widmore manifest a "new" memory of John Locke by meeting him in the 50's on the island?

ok a couple of things i noticed.

i dont think Widmore would remember John Locke, at the time it probably didnt seem as significant for him or he might not have even beeen paying attention tothe name, instead just holding a gun

but if locke shot and killed young Widmore would everything be ok?

and remember when Ben said Widmore changed the rules.."killing his daughter"....is it possible that others are not suppose to kill others? so whenthey asked young widmore how he escaped, he didnt say he killed the one dude and ran off?

Barack 0drama
Good looking out on the video. Thanks a lot.

Anyways, my reaction when we found out Widmore was on the island:

31216a1d76e5e02ab37b23e9048fb210de8fe89e.gif

Can't wait for next week.

I have yet another question that's bothering me.....

Richard told Locke to give the compass to him next time he see's him.... When Locke see's him, Richard act's like he has never seen thecompass....then Richard askes a young Locke which item's are his.....then young Locke dosen't pick the compass.... why would Locke still be chosen tobe the leader?

Was it because he told Richard before he was born that he came from the future and was chosen as the leader by Jacob? Or, was that irrelevant to Locke beingthe leader?

Back
Top Bottom