Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Moses speaking to the burning bush is a metaphor for the ancestral/astral plain imo. Rising from the dead in 3 days or walking across water is magic.. Use whatever terms make you comfortable but it is what is at its core.

I actually would've liked to been in the writer's room when they decided Montrose was bi/gay for Lovecraft and Hooded Justice was bi\gay in Watchmen.

Yeah that's a wild one to tap into but no doubt it existed. Have heard stories of former tough guy, military officers, family men retiring, divorcing and moving to ATL.

I actually would've liked to been in the writer's room when they decided Montrose was bi/gay for Lovecraft and Hooded Justice was bi\gay in Watchmen.

In Watchmen's case...the character is gay in the source material. The twist in that writing room was making him black.

In Watchmen's case...the character is gay in the source material. The twist in that writing room was making him black.
Well I knew he was gay in the comic version but they basically flipped the character on its head with that the black butler is actually the hero trope to the point it was a new character.

In the comic, dude was gay outright. He didn't have a kid on the side. The scene really was just him in bed with that other white superhero leading the Minutemen.

What went down in Watchmen is damn near identical to Montrose in LC. A seemingly gay black dude hooks up with a black female he grew up with and was very very close to. Like they don't make you question if the character had sex with the gf/wife. Its presented as fact but the emotional long lasting relationship is a homosexual one.

So I would have just like to be there where Montrose was made from the ground up adapting from the book and Hooded Justice being adapted and changed from the comic to a big degree. Then them deciding on their overall story and character dynamics.

Last edited:
What went down in Watchmen is damn near identical to Montrose in LC. A seemingly gay black dude hooks up with a black female he grew up and was very very close with. Like they don't make you question if the character had sex with the gf/wife. Its presented as fact but the emotional long lasting relationship is a homosexual one.
I did pick up on that. In both shows their intertwined sexual relationships were somewhat presented as love bonding as a coping mechanism and PTSD after Tulsa Massacre.

I wonder if they are trying to explore a link between black trauma and the lgbt character story arcs.

Last edited:

Lol like why tho?

0_MAIN-Kelli-Amirah.jpg

Last edited:
She stated she didn’t feel comfortable with what was happening but believed she couldn’t say anything because ‘I have no clout, no pull, no nothing.’

‘I was so uncomfortable, I had no idea they were going to do this to me, and if I knew beforehand I would not have accepted the job,’ Kelli said as pictures of the finished result appeared.

Back
Top Bottom