***LUCID DREAMING***

I just recently heard about this. Its pretty fascinating to me.

For those who don't know, lucid dreaming is where you are dreaming and something causes you to realize that its a dream. At that point you are basicallyconscious to the fact that you are in fact in dreaming and have complete control over everything in your dream. People compare these dreams to being as vividas detailed as real life. Also since it is a dream you can control everything in it. If you want you can fly, go play Michael Jordan 1 on 1 and it feels realand you are "awake" for it.

Ive personally never had one but was wondering if anyone here had and could maybe give some insight on to the legitimacy of this.

Ya I've read about it before. Never tried it. Supposedly it's very hard to do also.

I used to do this when I was little, when I had bad dreams I realized I was having bad dreams and used to @!!$ with whoever was messing with me.

I haven't done it in a while though, maybe a few years.

My-T.

i have a lucid dream everytime i dream. i fully control my movements in my dream and can completely change the dream at times. i didnt think it was thatspecial but i guess it is

this topic has came up a few times on Nt

ive only experienced this 1 time in my life....it was really amazing

basically think of like a large empty parking lot..........like a wal mart or home dept etc at night time..............i was in full control of my movements iwas just flying around doing w/e.

Originally Posted by Japan2Korea

i have a lucid dream everytime i dream. i fully control my movements in my dream and can completely change the dream at times. i didnt think it was that special but i guess it is

no offense i dont believe you

if so care to share a few stories if you remember?

From what ive read you have to practice. It takes time. And there are little tip that can help. My friend says that before he goes to bed his last thoughts areto look for a clock and his hands. When your dream if you look for your hands or a digital clock it can trigger you to realize your in a dream. The clocksupposedly will change times randomly and thats supposed to trigger your mind into realizing its a dream. Then once you have control keeping control is a wholenother thing. Also weird things called dream spinning and other %@$ im not gonna go into

BTW.. if you smoke (weed) or drink before you go to sleep, you probably won't lucid dream, so you need to get off that stuff first.
i'm just curious, is there any truth to this or are you just saying that

I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE! WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND HAD NIGHTMARES IN WHICH THE COPS CHASED ME, I WOULD REALIZE AND THEN CRASH MY CAR INTO THE WALL TO WAKE UP.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Japan2Korea

i have a lucid dream everytime i dream. i fully control my movements in my dream and can completely change the dream at times. i didnt think it was that special but i guess it is

no offense i dont believe you

if so care to share a few stories if you remember?
i could see why you dont believe me. i dont really feel like sharing my dreams tho
laugh.gif
i can always control my movements easily though my dreams are like analternate universe fully interactive and all of its up to me. flying around and levitating is
pimp.gif
. in all of my dreams i can force myself to wake up at will if its a badsituation.

this happens to me every once in a while.
only in a bad dream though.
every nightmare i've had since i was a kid have been pretty much the same, so i can tell when im dreaming.

I once drowned myself in a dream because I wanted to wake up early for Saturday morning cartoons.
And I once stabbed myself to wake up because I was having a nightmare.

Those were the only two times that I remember being in control.

i heard its like the matrix+ GTA if you are able to initiate it. i was into it for a while can honestly say i had ONE dream like that. its hard to dothough....

in my experience, to realize and begin a lucid dream you have to beware of your environment. the last time i had a lucid dream, i was kickin it at a house iused to live at when i was younger. from there it's up to you what you tell yourself to do in that state, whether if u wanna go jump off a building orsmack a tittay. i don't dream like this all the time, only when i'm able to realize the environment is no where near regular

Originally Posted by chr1scross

BTW.. if you smoke (weed) or drink before you go to sleep, you probably won't lucid dream, so you need to get off that stuff first.

Well it doesn't just apply to ONLY smoking weed or drinking, but anything that puts you into a deeper sleep than normal will make it nearlyimpossible to lucid dream.

about 60% of my dreams are Lucid.........................the weird part is i can remind myself in my dream that it is a dream
eek.gif

directing your own dreams = unconscious conscious entertainment
pimp.gif

EDIT: btw.......has anyone ever woke up from a dream for a few minutes and went back to the same dream once you fell asleep?!?
nerd.gif

i wasn't lucid dreaming, but the other day i went to sleep drunk as hell after the club and i was just drunk and in another club in my dream
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
just thought that was pretty cool.

Have em all the time.
Most of the time I end up getting shot but right before I get hit by the bullet
I wake up.

SideNote: I hate when you dream you have something you want.
but then you wake up and its not there.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by chr1scross

You probablly noticed that you don't remember many dreams if you are a weed smoker on a regular basis. I remember when I quit awhile back I had thestrangest dreams. Like full length feature films, I don't know where I even came up with the stuff I was dreaming. It is almost worth quitting weed justfor the dreams alone.

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

about 60% of my dreams are Lucid.........................the weird part is i can remind myself in my dream that it is a dream
eek.gif

directing your own dreams = unconscious conscious entertainment
pimp.gif

EDIT: btw.......has anyone ever woke up from a dream for a few minutes and went back to the same dream once you fell asleep?!?
nerd.gif

i havent but i heard that if you wake up during a dream your not suppose to move and do your best to continue the scenario in your head to proceed once youfall asleep....

Back
Top Bottom